• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not trying to slip Greenberg into the Top Tier.(He may be the only GM who was drafted though, not sure.) Just mentioned him because Teddy Ballgame wasn't the only great to miss a chunk of their prime. If we're projecting numbers for vets it opens a door for a lot of players. (Cobb might have missed time in 1918. He was a Captain in the Army in WWI.)

Look at all those runs Babe scored. (Minus 714). Im guessing a good chunk of Gehrigs RBI were Babe crossing home plate.

I don't even know what to say about Bonds being 2nd or 3rd Tier. Barry didn't cheat anymore than all the guys Nava mentioned, in my eyes of the eyes of baseball at the time.

A guy who hit more than 40 home runs three times in his first 14 seasons then all of a sudden at age 35 hits 40 or more 5 straight seasons and once going for 73 is a little funny if you axe me. Willie or Mantle snortin a line of coke didn't make them defy the aging process... Their numbers like most players 35 or older got much worse than their numbers in their prime.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I served 4yrs and I'm older then 35 and I haven't hit a single home run in slow pitch softball so wonder what my stats would be if I did roids other then a jacked dude with still no skills.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy who hit more than 40 home runs three times in his first 14 seasons then all of a sudden at age 35 hits 40 or more 5 straight seasons and once going for 73 is a little funny if you axe me. Willie or Mantle snortin a line of coke didn't make them defy the aging process... Their numbers like most players 35 or older got much worse than their numbers in their prime.

A little bump here and there didn't keep em young, but it definitely kept the energy up. ("Greenies" more than coke.). Im not going to say Bonds didn't hit more homers on account of BALCO, but I've never thought of Bonds as a "homer" guy.(and I really don't think PEDd help as much as is commonly thought) To me, he's the best of "5-tool" players. And like I said, Im not adjusting my opinion if any player, good or bad, based on what they did or did not take. (Even AROID,(Or Sheffield) who I believe is the only player who was drafted(Other than Steve Howe) who has been suspended on account of PEDs.)

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bump here and there didn't keep em young, but it definitely kept the energy up. ("Greenies" more than coke.). Im not going to say Bonds didn't hit more homers on account of BALCO, but I've never thought of Bonds as a "homer" guy.(and I really don't think PEDd help as much as is commonly thought) To me, he's the best of "5-tool" players. And like I said, Im not adjusting my opinion if any player, good or bad, based on what they did or did not take. (Even AROID,(Or Sheffield) who I believe is the only player who was drafted(Other than Steve Howe) who has been suspended on account of PEDs.)

Yet he has the two most important Home Run records? But it's cool, I respect your opinion. I should also say Barry was my favorite player in the league pre roids... I was also a big fan of Rafael Palmeiro but the lying quickly put an end to that, I enjoyed watching Sosa and McGwire chase the record together and if they would have just come out and said yeah, I wanted to do whatever I could to help me be my best I could have respected that but they all lied.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

162 game averages.

Gehrig .340 AVG .447 OBP 37 HR 149 RBI
Williams . 344 AVG .482 OBP 37 HR 130 RBI

But yeah, splitting hairs I guess...

If u use counting stats. The advanced stats I gave favors Lou by a great deal.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I served 4yrs and I'm older then 35 and I haven't hit a single home run in slow pitch softball so wonder what my stats would be if I did roids other then a jacked dude with still no skills.

Ya know it's funny I have hit a few out during my many years of playing softball more left handed than right handed which is odd being I was a better hitter left handed but had more power from the right side.

In no way am I bragging or anything like that but in my "playing days" I was the only player I had ever seen who played both right and left handed not only hitting but in the field. When I played 2nd I played right handed, when I played centerfield I played left handed. Always thought that was kinda cool.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you meant Mays Nos nvm

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he has the two most important Home Run records? But it's cool, I respect your opinion. I should also say Barry was my favorite player in the league pre roids... I was also a big fan of Rafael Palmeiro but the lying quickly put an end to that, I enjoyed watching Sosa and McGwire chase the record together and if they would have just come out and said yeah, I wanted to do whatever I could to help me be my best I could have respected that but they all lied.

He does have both. Which is crazy. Since the guy was such a great baserunner.... I never changed opinion on Barry during his career. But I am with you(Hey, an agreement:suds:) on all the lying. Giambi is a guy I respect now, as an old washed up PHer/DH, because he somewhat came clean and clearly loves the game. Palmiero is the lowest of the low to me. That finger wave still irks me every time I see it. Wait, check that, Clemens is actually lower. (Im surprised nobody drafted Petite. I thought about it when I drafted Kaat.)

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know it's funny I have hit a few out during my many years of playing softball more left handed than right handed which is odd being I was a better hitter left handed but had more power from the right side.

In no way am I bragging or anything like that but in my "playing days" I was the only player I had ever seen who played both right and left handed not only hitting but in the field. When I played 2nd I played right handed, when I played centerfield I played left handed. Always thought that was kinda cool.

Who all new you were Bi-something

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again Nos what have you decided to do about the voting, playoffs, etc? Are we all voting on the 4 matchups (except our own) or are we having outside voters decide?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have both. Which is crazy. Since the guy was such a great baserunner.... I never changed opinion on Barry during his career. But I am with you(Hey, an agreement:suds:) on all the lying. Giambi is a guy I respect now, as an old washed up PHer/DH, because he somewhat came clean and clearly loves the game. Palmiero is the lowest of the low to me. That finger wave still irks me every time I see it. Wait, check that, Clemens is actually lower. (Im surprised nobody drafted Petite. I thought about it when I drafted Kaat.)

I totally agree on Giambi. I never like Clemens to begin with so that only made me dislike him more! I was happy to see you take Kitty, I thought about it many rounds but just never pulled the trigger.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My issue with Giambi is saying he couldn't play in a game in the 03 World Series then coming off the bench and hitting a homer. He was pretty underrated as a Yankee though as a whole actually, don't know why people consider him a bust.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So once again Nos what have you decided to do about the voting, playoffs, etc? Are we all voting on the 4 matchups (except our own) or are we having outside voters decide?

Majority rules, this is our draft not mine.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's ridiculously rare Nos. Not many people are capable of that. Abedextrous to the Max! (I've never hit a homer over the fence.(Hit the centerfield fence in an A-ball park during a tourney. Same thing in a college park in summer league. Stupid 20 ft fences...) Not lefthanded not right handed, not in baseball not in softball. And every kid(3) that hit a homer on the team I coached this year, reminded me they were ahead on the career list: )

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue with Giambi is saying he couldn't play in a game in the 03 World Series then coming off the bench and hitting a homer. He was pretty underrated as a Yankee though as a whole actually, don't know why people consider him a bust.

Agreed, 2,000+ hits and more than 400 HR's is not a bust.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's ridiculously rare Nos. Not many people are capable of that. Abedextrous to the Max! (I've never hit a homer over the fence.(Hit the centerfield fence in an A-ball park during a tourney. Same thing in a college park in summer league. Stupid 20 ft fences...) Not lefthanded not right handed, not in baseball not in softball. And every kid(3) that hit a homer on the team I coached this year, reminded me they were ahead on the career list: )

That is awesome!

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say us 8 guys vote and any ties we ask Medlock to break the ties.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I was in junior high 8th grade I think I wanted to pitch both left handed and right handed in the same game but for some reason which I don't remember they wouldn't let me.

Maybe it was 7th grade.

Last edited by a moderator: