• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MJ Kobe Lebron?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell.....that does not even look buttered.

I had a feeling something was wrong with it when I got the damn popcorn machine and it said made in cleveland on the side of it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt about the last part....I mean, owners complained and put the kabosh on the CP3 deal, which was legal. But no one would put up a stink on a deal that clearly circumvents the cap?

Never mind hard to believe MJ takes $5 mil less after being so underpaid for his entire career.

Chris Paul was way different.

Laker fans still complain about that from time to time.

The NBA league office literally owned the Pelicans at the time of that deal. Stern vetoed it because it was a shitty trade designed to make the Pelicans a 40 win team for the foreseeable future. He needed to protect the market price of the franchise so the league could resell it. Lottery hope is worth more than a bunch of good, not great vets.

The problem was that Stern allowed the acting GM to believe he had authority to make such a trade without first clearing it with Stern.

No chance that trade gets vetoed if any other team in the association makes it. The issue was the conflict of interest with the league owning CP3’s team. Well, and then dealing him to the Lakers for a crappy return.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a feeling something was wrong with it when I got the damn popcorn machine and it said made in cleveland on the side of it.
we may have some problems here, but we know if we are going to bother with popcorn to melt some butter on it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Paul was way different.

Laker fans still complain about that from time to time.

The NBA league office literally owned the Pelicans at the time of that deal. Stern vetoed it because it was a shitty trade designed to make the Pelicans a 40 win team for the foreseeable future. He needed to protect the market price of the franchise so the league could resell it. Lottery hope is worth more than a bunch of good, not great vets.

The problem was that Stern allowed the acting GM to believe he had authority to make such a trade without first clearing it with Stern.

No chance that trade gets vetoed if any other team in the association makes it. The issue was the conflict of interest with the league owning CP3’s team. Well, and then dealing him to the Lakers for a crappy return.

I get what you are saying of course....Nevertheless, the deal under the rules was legal. The MJ to Knicks deal was not.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we may have some problems here, but we know if we are going to bother with popcorn to melt some butter on it.

The unbuttered popcorn is only for you.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying of course....Nevertheless, the deal under the rules was legal. The MJ to Knicks deal was not.

The commissioner approved the deal from the Knicks. The NBA in the 90's was nothing like the NBA today.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what the hell.....that does not even look buttered.

ETqh4BUXQAUdMqU.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The commissioner approved the deal from the Knicks. The NBA in the 90's was nothing like the NBA today.
Because someone said it was approved? Yeah...not happening. Never mind if need be the Bulls could just offer more. And you ignore the notion the guy will take $5 mil less after being so underpaid his entire career to play for a lesser team?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because someone said it was approved? Yeah...not happening. Never mind if need be the Bulls could just offer more. And you ignore the notion the guy will take $5 mil less after being so underpaid his entire career to play for a lesser team?

Someone? IT WAS THE COMMISSIONER :lol:

And the Bulls were going to offer him $18-20 million, which is why the Knicks made the $25 million offer. Jordan's agent gave the Bulls til the end of the day to beat it. They did with a $30 million offer.

I posted a pic of the article, yet here you are arguing.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about moving the goal posts. Never mind your "logic" is greatly flawed. Not up for the challenge? Lebron left the Cavs to move to what at the time was a lesser team and would have to face what looked like arguably the best team ever throughout his deal before he could even get to another Finals.

And just to set the record straight for you, Lebron left the Cavs the first time after an ECF loss.
Damn, at least he's shown growth.

He waited a extra round to abandon ship in his later years....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are talking about Krause having to rebuild the Bulls which he had already done a couple times with completely different rosters other than MJ/Pippen. Of course it matters and the goal posts stayed firm.

Maybe Krause knows what it takes since he had done it and MJ and Phillip did not? To be fair, no one knew they didn't yet as they had not become massive failures in that regard at the time.
That's kinda my loin.

What were the common denominators for the winning?

Jordan, Pippen, Jackson.

We can wax lyrical all day long about what could have been if they ran it back.

But, we will never know.

What we do know is the Bulls went in the toilet after they were gone and Krause was still there.

So, I feel real comfortable saying it had more to do with having , not a once in a generation talent, but a once in a lifetime player in MJ.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the Bulls were going to offer him $18-20 million, which is why the Knicks made the $25 million offer. Jordan's agent gave the Bulls til the end of the day to beat it. They did with a $30 million offer.

Leverage play. This is how business is conducted and MJ has always been a great business man.

Reinsdorf was never going to let MJ walk away over money.

And I don’t believe MJ was actually going to sign with the Knicks. So this is all very hypothetical and talking away from the main point at hand. Which is that the Bulls had every advantage in keeping MJ in Chicago. Teams today don’t have nearly the same edge.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, the someone was a writer. Did this actually come out of the Stern's mouth( not saying it did not)? Makes a difference.

Never mind you keep ignoring that $5 mil haircut minimum he'd have to take.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda my loin.

What were the common denominators for the winning?

Jordan, Pippen, Jackson.

We can wax lyrical all day long about what could have been if they ran it back.

But, we will never know.

What we do know is the Bulls went in the toilet after they were gone and Krause was still there.

So, I feel real comfortable saying it had more to do with having , not a once in a generation talent, but a once in a lifetime player in MJ.
Of course losing MJ hurt a ton. But they also lost Pippen. and it was MJ's choice to walk away. Just like it was Phillip's.

I'd throw Tex in there with the other 3, as well.

Curious why you don't want to give Krause any credit. after all, no Krause likely no Phillip as HC. Also no Pippen. The guy built 2 completely different teams other than MJ/Pippen and each won 3 titles. This is fact. Not opinion. This is also "what we know".

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the someone was a writer. Did this actually come out of the Stern's mouth( not saying it did not)? Makes a difference.

Never mind you keep ignoring that $5 mil haircut minimum he'd have to take.

It literally says it was approved by the NBA commissioner AND the Bulls complained about it.

And AGAIN........Chicago was going to offer him $18-20 million. The Knicks made the $25 million offer. The Bulls offered $30m and he agreed to stay in Chicago.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course losing MJ hurt a ton. But they also lost Pippen. and it was MJ's choice to walk away. Just like it was Phillip's.

I'd throw Tex in there with the other 3, as well.

Curious why you don't want to give Krause any credit. after all, no Krause likely no Phillip as HC. Also no Pippen. The guy built 2 completely different teams other than MJ/Pippen and each won 3 titles. This is fact. Not opinion. This is also "what we know".
No.

I think we have been around the mulberry bush so many times that my rants have become all o or nothing.

I give Krause credit for building the roster, bringing Phil to the Bulls.

I just honestly believe it would have been all for naught, without MJ.

Jordan was the catalyst for the winning.

There are very few scenarios that I'd give the executive close to equal credit.

The Champion Raptors are a good example.

Would they have jewelry if they had Derozan instead of Kawhi?

Masai is the architect.

But, does he get more credit than the Klaw?

Reinsdorf, Krause and players egos, in that order, we're responsible for their demise.

The Owner could have, and should have, shut the nonsense down before Seasons end...really, sooner than that.

By the time he stepped in, it was too late.

This has been my position from the beginning.

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I think we have been around the mulberry bush so many times that my rants have become all o or nothing.

I give Krause credit for building the roster, bringing Phil to the Bulls.

I just honestly believe it would have been all for naught, without MJ.

Jordan was the catalyst for the winning.

There are very few scenarios that I'd give the executive close to equal credit.

The Champion Raptors are a good example.

Would they have jewelry if they had Derozan instead of Kawhi?

Masai is the architect.

But, does he get more credit than the Klaw?

Reinsdorf, Krause and players egos, in that order, we're responsible for their demise.

The Owner could have, and should have, shut the nonsense down before Seasons end...really, sooner than that.

By the time he stepped in, it was too late.

This has been my position from the beginning.

I didn't realize until recently that Krause was in the Hall of Fame. I think it's deserved. It's hard to really judge him post-Bulls dynasty because he was only around until 2003. But in that short time, he did bring in some pretty good young players in Brand, Tyson Chandler, Brad Miller, Jamal Crawford, and Ron Artest albeit those players really were stars for other teams. Eddy Curry had a decent career and who knows how well Jay Williams could have played if not for the accident.

I think it shows that until the end, he was pretty good at finding talent. If Jay Williams could've been a good PG and Ron Artest kept his head, Williams, Chandler, Artest and Brand is a pretty team to build around with Brad Miller and Jamal Crawford coming off the bench.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize until recently that Krause was in the Hall of Fame. I think it's deserved. It's hard to really judge him post-Bulls dynasty because he was only around until 2003. But in that short time, he did bring in some pretty good young players in Brand, Tyson Chandler, Brad Miller, Jamal Crawford, and Ron Artest albeit those players really were stars for other teams. Eddy Curry had a decent career and who knows how well Jay Williams could have played if not for the accident.
He did a good job.

No doubt he belongs in the HOF for the Bulls accomplishments.

But, they were ass right up until the D Rose days.

I say that in comparison to the Jordan days.

Which has been my central point in this debate.

Would we even know his name had Jordan been taken #2?

Would Portland have won a ring with Jordan instead of Drexler?

We will never know. But, I'd take the latter over the former in a bet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It literally says it was approved by the NBA commissioner AND the Bulls complained about it.

And AGAIN........Chicago was going to offer him $18-20 million. The Knicks made the $25 million offer. The Bulls offered $30m and he agreed to stay in Chicago.
Yes, I get it. It's a story. Saw a story that literally said a friend of John Dorsey said Dorsey was going to draft Josh Allen. But he didn't.

Once again, did the words come out of stern's mouth?