• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MJ Kobe Lebron?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol it’s not me blaming anyone man. But I love your “it’s just words” from Krause. That’s hilarious. If my boss is a pain in the ass and I’m underpaid compared to my peers and I’ve been at the top of my industry for years... he tells me this my last year after pissing off many of the players As well and just being a douche?? Cmon man you’re reaching so far here.

Groundhog Day again huh? You need to get to work
MJ and Phillip not just afraid of Krause, but they were afraid of his words?

Might be time for another "ya got me" facepalm by you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already admitted you didn’t make it up.

Whether or not the Knicks made a competitive offer, it doesn’t change the facts. The salary cap with the Bird rights rule was stacked in tremendous favor of the home team. The Bulls were literally able to pay more than the entire cap to keep MJ.

The original point was that the structure was vastly different than it is today, so it is an apples to oranges comparison when looking at players today who leave via free agency against players from before who didn’t.
Never mind he assumes there even a remote chance MJ was going to take $8 mil less after playing for so much less than he was worth his entire career?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You
You take this article as fact? Did you even read it? says $12 mil of the money was coming from the Knicks (never mind the $15 mil from Cablevision which I'll get to later). They were already paying Ewing $18 mil in addition to big money to Houston and LJ. How were they going to pay Mj $12 mil and stay under the cap?

Never mind when Chris Paul was dealt to the Lakers in a legal trade some owners opposed and the deal was not allowed to go through. You think owners would have let a deal go through with money being exchanged to circumvent the cap?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ and Phillip not just afraid of Krause, but they were afraid of his words?

Might be time for another "ya got me" facepalm by you.

No now it’s just funny how dense you actually are. Never mind the mindless jibberish from you every day Groundhog day but also not being able to think outside the box as well. Brutal combo man lol

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Not a salary cap violation. As long as it can be shown the player's value as a spokesman met the value offered to him -- it was legal and DID NOT count against the cap. In Jordan's case, he was worth more than what they were offering, as he was the most famous athlete in the world.

And the Bulls were looking to offer Jordan $18-20 million. Because of the Knicks offer, they upped it to $30 million.

And AGAIN, the offer from the Knicks was before the 1996 season, before the 4th championship, before the 72 wins.
and how were the Knicks going to pay him the $12 mil in his NBA salary when they were way over the cap? Never mind the extra money many teams might argue was illegal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What liberties to take? You act like I made the story up and calling it BS. The Chicago Tribune was the one who first reported the story. And it was confirmed the NBA was going to allow it. So not sure what is BS? -- the Knicks offered Jordan $25 million.

This is why Jordan ended up with $30 million from Chicago.
you didn't make it up, but it was BS. It could have been Dr Evil offering him 1 billion dollars. Neither was happening.

th

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No now it’s just funny how dense you actually are. Never mind the mindless jibberish from you every day Groundhog day but also not being able to think outside the box as well. Brutal combo man lol
SJ to English - "got me again, dt, and damn now I cannot even use the usual "I can't refute what you said" facepalm as you are on to me there, too"

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first you got the year wrong. And that does make a really big difference. Would have been a lot easier to leave before the 72 win season than after.

Second, you said the Knicks offered him $25 million, which wasn’t true. The Knicks offered him $12 million and Shereton offered the rest. Which is insane that the league would allow that. They surely would not today.

Lastly, this looks like a straight leverage play by MJ to get more money out of the Bulls.
Never mind the Knicks were over the cap and couldn't even offer $12 mil.

so many holes to that article.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ to English - "got me again, dt, and damn now I cannot even use the usual "I can't refute what you said" facepalm as you are on to me there, too"

Well there is this thing called “burning bridges”. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Lol

Maybe read some of Phil’s books? Maybe he was tired of the little man barking nonsense?

After 5 titles... Krause says your not coming back. Maybe that was the last straw (dance) for Phil? MJ not coming back to defend title without Phil (loyalty)

Goodness Put a helmet on that head of yours before you hurt yourself man!

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I'd bump this as the salary cap barely changed.

It would have been much easier for you to just say -- I didn't know the Knicks made a huge offer to try and sign Jordan away from the Bulls.
But no one said no one could make an offer (even a big one). But no one touched the Bulls offer and the article is baseless. $12 mil from the Knicks? How's that gonna happen when they were well over the cap already?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is this thing called “burning bridges”. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Lol

Maybe read some of Phil’s books? Maybe he was tired of the little man barking nonsense?

After 5 titles... Krause says your not coming back. Maybe that was the last straw (dance) for Phil? MJ not coming back to defend title without Phil (loyalty)

Goodness Put a helmet on that head of yours before you hurt yourself man!
also this thing called "sticks and stones" This guy so into Zen was going to make a huge life decision because his feelings were hurt?

Guess that ruins the narrative on him as well. Still these are the facts and no matter how much you lie, dance, deflect, distort, spin, etc you cannot change it..........

Krause said BEFORE the season he wouldn't be back
Krause's boss asked him to come back
Phillip declined

I guess I could start making comments like you are forced to make at the end of your blather, but I'll stick to facts instead.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also this thing called "sticks and stones" This guy so into Zen was going to make a huge life decision because his feelings were hurt?

Guess that ruins the narrative on him as well. Still these are the facts and no matter how much you lie, dance, deflect, distort, spin, etc you cannot change it..........

Krause said BEFORE the season he wouldn't be back
Krause's boss asked him to come back
Phillip declined

I guess I could start making comments like you are forced to make at the end of your blather, but I'll stick to facts instead.

Huge life decision where he took some time off and then another 3 peat?

Krause narrative.. :lol:

You are special

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mind the Knicks were over the cap and couldn't even offer $12 mil.

so many holes to that article.

In the summer of ‘96 they might have been able to swing that. I know the cap rules were a lot different back then, but I don’t know all the specifics.

They cleared a lot of money off the books including Ewing’s million, but just have no idea what his cap hold would have been. It might have been possible that they would have had up to $12 million, but it is truly crazy that Stern would approve a deal like that which so clearly circumvents the salary cap.

Preventing big market teams from going out and buying whoever they want is the main reason the cap exists in the first place.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge life decision where he took some time off and then another 3 peat?

Krause narrative.. :lol:

You are special
Yeah...imagine that. He wanted time off until he got another opportunity to coach arguably the best player in the game again. Maybe the top 2.

He's a coward.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the summer of ‘96 they might have been able to swing that. I know the cap rules were a lot different back then, but I don’t know all the specifics.

They cleared a lot of money off the books including Ewing’s million, but just have no idea what his cap hold would have been. It might have been possible that they would have had up to $12 million, but it is truly crazy that Stern would approve a deal like that which so clearly circumvents the salary cap.

Preventing big market teams from going out and buying whoever they want is the main reason the cap exists in the first place.
no doubt about the last part....I mean, owners complained and put the kabosh on the CP3 deal, which was legal. But no one would put up a stink on a deal that clearly circumvents the cap?

Never mind hard to believe MJ takes $5 mil less after being so underpaid for his entire career.