• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mitch Trubisky Named Week 1 Starter

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mitch played decent. This game is on the Defense, who without Hicks is VERY average.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mitch played decent. This game is on the Defense, who without Hicks is VERY average.

We weren't going to win this game. The Packers feasted on Trevathan and Skrine all day long in the pass game and ran all over us in the run game. Hicks would have helped with pass rush, but our rush defense was whatever with him most of the time too. He would have made a difference, but highly likely we all were tuning out the 4th quarter anyway.

Trubisky did not play decent. He took more chances this game cuz we, as a team, and he, for his career, were up against the wall. So there were a few more positives to go with the negatives. So, as bad quarterbacks will do, he became a turnover machine taking those chances because of his inaccuracy/inability-to-make-a-read/suckiness/whathaveyou. Nagy and co. attempted to contain his terribleness to give us a shot as time went on and it became obvious what he was. That's why we would see these ridiculously dumb games where Mitch and our offense would do NOTHING until it was imperative they had to-no turnovers...no yards...buncha dumb gimmicks that were prayers to make a play etc. Hindsight 20/20 tells us everything about Mitch was CYA after it became obvious early 2019 he wasn't turning a corner. He isn't good.

And I say this stuff about Mitch in no way to defend Nagy, Pace or any other of the sh*t parts of our offense be it management-coaching-players....He's just not good. And the sad fact is, if he busted, we were done. That's what happens with high QB picks. And thus that's what did happen to our beloved team. The only hope was Foles giving us something serviceable when the switch was inevitably made...and well...obviously that didn't happen...So here we are. In the fallout. See where it goes from here....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing into double and triple coverage when you have guys open isn't decent.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Throwing into double and triple coverage when you have guys open isn't decent.
He had a couple bad decisions/throws. It was far from perfect, but by far the most life the offense has had in months.

The Bears got annihilated because the defense couldn't stop shit. Almost 200 yards on the ground, with 2 backs almost gaining 100 each. 4 TDs from Rodgers on 29 attempts. He had 9 incompletions and was NEVER TOUCHED. Not one fucking hit on him.

The turnovers hurt, but the defense never came to play. They sucked from the opening whistle. Roquan was completely taken out of the game. Zero impact. May as well have not even been out there. I think I heard his name called once.

The defense was awful. Mitch was ok. The D was worse.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a couple bad decisions/throws. It was far from perfect, but by far the most life the offense has had in months.

The Bears got annihilated because the defense couldn't stop shit. Almost 200 yards on the ground, with 2 backs almost gaining 100 each. 4 TDs from Rodgers on 29 attempts. He had 9 incompletions and was NEVER TOUCHED. Not one fucking hit on him.

The turnovers hurt, but the defense never came to play. They sucked from the opening whistle. Roquan was completely taken out of the game. Zero impact. May as well have not even been out there. I think I heard his name called once.

The defense was awful. Mitch was ok. The D was worse.

The bar you are setting for Mitch is like...Henry Burris low man. But yeah, the defense got absolutely dissected by Rodgers and LaFleur...which is what happens when you play HOF QB's sometimes. Don Shula/Dan Marino vs. our 85 team comes to mind as the most glaring example of that.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He missed 20 fucking throws. Threw 2 really bad picks and coughed up the ball on the fumble. But hooray for those 15 garbage time points....

Is that what life is for this offense? Scoring in garbage time? Bears had 10 points in the first half and yet again scored 0 in the 3rd quarter.

If that's what life looks like...please kill me now.
Yeah it was brutal. But so was Mitch.
Mitch was ok.
He was what he's always been. Dogshit.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bar you are setting for Mitch is like...Henry Burris low man. But yeah, the defense got absolutely dissected by Rodgers and LaFleur...which is what happens when you play HOF QB's sometimes. Don Shula/Dan Marino vs. our 85 team comes to mind as the most glaring example of that.
Nah. It's Nick Foles low.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are credited with 7 passes defended.

But Mitch played well.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why you gotta pick the offense or the defense.

Both were fucking awful. It's okay to say both were really bad.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers are credited with 7 passes defended.

But Mitch played well.

They asked him if he thinks he played well enough to start next week and he replied "I don't know."

That's our quarterback. Our #2 pick, traded up for quarterback.

FML.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They asked him if he thinks he played well enough to start next week and he replied "I don't know."

That's our quarterback. Our #2 pick, traded up for quarterback.

FML.

I hate almost everything about this team.

Just waiting for the yearly "Virginia is pissed" article before I put the final nail in this seasons coffin.

Can't wait to be disappointed again next season.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He missed 20 fucking throws. Threw 2 really bad picks and coughed up the ball on the fumble. But hooray for those 15 garbage time points....

Is that what life is for this offense? Scoring in garbage time? Bears had 10 points in the first half and yet again scored 0 in the 3rd quarter.

If that's what life looks like...please kill me now.

Yeah it was brutal. But so was Mitch.

Being angry doesn't drive your point home any better. The Bears moved the ball well. First time in weeks. Montgomery had his best game of the year.

Nobody said he played WELL you miserable asshole. I said he played OK. Big fucking deal.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate almost everything about this team.

Just waiting for the yearly "Virginia is pissed" article before I put the final nail in this seasons coffin.

Can't wait to be disappointed again next season.

We're gonna beat the Lions...LOL...We're in one of the most ridiculous dumpster fire freefalls I've seen (and we've seen many in our Chicago teams)....and there's one franchise you can always count on for that pick me up.

I don't hate the team...but I am sad that this iteration, which there was so much promise/anticipation for after 2018, just completely wiped out. Oh well...Same sh*t different day.

Probably will ruffle some feathers, but Allen Robinson's body language out there (I know I know...I should know better after Cutler) and internet activity is making me happy he is gone. He's good...but f all that sh*t. So there are some pieces I am growing to dislike for sure...but the team? Nah. Still love me some Bears...Be nice if they could hoist a Lombardi in my adult life though.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being angry doesn't drive your point home any better.

Saying dumb stuff doesn't make you right.
The Bears moved the ball well. First time in weeks. Montgomery had his best game of the year.
Awesome. They scored a grand total of 10 points when it really mattered. And turned the ball over 3 times.

Nobody said he played WELL you miserable asshole. I said he played OK. Big fucking deal.

You're wrong. He sucked.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're gonna beat the Lions...LOL...We're in one of the most ridiculous dumpster fire freefalls I've seen (and we've seen many in our Chicago teams)....and there's one franchise you can always count on for that pick me up.

I don't hate the team...but I am sad that this iteration, which there was so much promise/anticipation for after 2018, just completely wiped out. Oh well...Same sh*t different day.

Probably will ruffle some feathers, but Allen Robinson's body language out there (I know I know...I should know better after Cutler) and internet activity is making me happy he is gone. He's good...but f all that sh*t. So there are some pieces I am growing to dislike for sure...but the team? Nah. Still love me some Bears...Be nice if they could hoist a Lombardi in my adult life though.
I was lucky enough to be in the Superdome the last time they raised one. That was nice.

And then the 90s came and the team was bad...and the 2000s came and the game changed and the Bears have yet to change with it. New GM....new coach....same results. Over and over with pockets of hope here and there that wind up being nothing.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really have no clue what you're watching do you. This game is obviously way over your head. My lord.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoa whoa. I thought you said Mitch was "average". What happened? We can't retool the offense around this guy given how awesome our D is??? Did you change your mind already grey pubes?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa whoa. I thought you said Mitch was "average". What happened? We can't retool the offense around this guy given how awesome our D is??? Did you change your mind already grey pubes?

His stats were average in 2018. Remember....when he was a "Pro Bowler". Because in your head you think Pro Bowl equals good.