• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PAC 12 Power Rankings Week 1

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, it's that time of year where I piss everyone off with my Power Ranking for the PAC 12.

With that being the case, they cut the B.S. and get to it, and this year, I'll be going backwards, and starting with #12, and which case, it's probably an easy bottom 3.

#12 - UCLA (0-1) Lost at Cincy 24-14
Chip Kelley was once considered the mastermind of offense, yet since being in LA, he has had nothing but complete failures. Maybe it'll take a while to get his system, his guys, in place, or maybe he was just at the right place and right time. Whatever it is, what a miserable game this was. Cincy is NOT good, and the worst part is that UCLA made them look good. For a coach that is supposed to be known for this offensive genius, that was nothing short of pitiful.
NEXT UP: vs. San Diego State

#11 Oregon State (0-1) Lost at home to Oklahoma St 52-36
While I think the Beavers are probably the most untalented team in the conference, the truth is, they lost in the fashion that was to be expected. Losing to a team with a well known powerful offense was no shocker. The road doesn't get much easier for them so we'll see how things shape out.
NEXT UP: vs. Hawaii on 9/8

#10 Arizona (0-1) Lost to Hawaii 45-38
What a joy this was for me to watch. This truely shocked me, as I had the Cats covering, but they started off rough and the QB at Hawaii was on fire. Despite their best efforts to come from behind in the end, it just wasn't enough as they were stopped at the 1 yard line at the end of regulation, which would have taken the game into OT.
NEXT UP: vs Northern Arizona

#9 California (1-0) Defeated UC Davis 27-13
The less that's said, the better. The Bears will battle the Beavers and Bruins this year for the worst team in the conference, and I have a sneaking suspension that the Bears may find themselves at the bottom. I didn't watch this game, so there isn't a ton to go on, but I do expect them to losing by 30+ next week.
NEXT UP: at #14 Washington

#8 USC (1-0) Defeated Fresno State 31-23
Well, the Helton & Swann ear looks ominious, as USC weren't awful, but did lose their starting QB in an otherwise forgetable game. USC is not the 8th most talented team in the PAC, but if only what they have in potential they could translate to on the field, then they'd be a PAC 12 contender. For now, I'll hold out until their big game this week.
NEXT UP: vs #23 Stanford

#7 Colorado (1-0) Defeated Colorado State 52-31
One of the favorite, small time rivalry games, and the Buffs looked deadly on offense. They played a pretty good error free game, and Montez had his usually moment of being a top QB in the conference, and some wtf moments. Buffs did look much more dangerous on the ground, as Fontenot went for over 120 yards. Overall, that was pretty good win for the Buffs, but like I've said already, next week we'll know a lot more about the potential of this team.
NEXT UP: vs #25 Nebraska

#6 Stanford (1-0) Defeated Northwestern 17-7
They played a decent Northwestern team, and didn't look overall that impressive. The injury for Costello is definitely the big dark cloud over this team heading into next week, so his status will be monitored daily. They are in prime time this week, and have a challenging schedule so it'll certainly be a chance for the Cardinal to move up this list as they season progresses.
NEXT UP: at USC

#5 Arizona State (1-0) Defeated Kent State 30-7
Slow start for ASU and the Freshman loaded team, but things started clicking after HT and the Sund Devlis covered the spread and won their season opener. A lot of work to be done with the Freshmen QB, 2 OL, 1 DL, 1 LB, and 1 Safety, as it was clear that communication was a weak point. No doubt that Herm will be working on this before the big test up in Michigan, using this week to continue to work out some kinks. Overall, I'm really happy with what I saw here.
NEXT UP: vs Sacramento State on 9/6

#4 Washington State (1-0) Defeated NM State 58-7
No surprises in Pullman this week, and Wazzu destroyed NM State, and making Mike Leach look like a complete genius. This team has an offense that could really scare a lot of teams, and they are primed to pull some shockers as the season progresss, and they continue to put up some serious numbers. Sadly, their schedule isn't all that great, which really makes us beg the question of just how good are they?
NEXT UP: vs Northern Colorado

#3 Utah (1-0) Defeated BYU 30-12
Good win against a hated rival, and I must say that I that both team wore their colors. Absolutely great to watch. However, Utah's offense was the only 'meh' for me. 2 pick sixes by their defense, means that the Utes offense scored only 16 points. Utah have had a top defense for years now, so that's to be expected, but if they are going to climb, and especially if they are going to make the playoffs as Lee Corso projected, they need to get things moving better with the ball.
NEXT UP: Northern Illinois

#2 Oregon (0-1) Lost to #10 Auburn 27-21
Okay - so I know they lost, but still, Auburn is a really good team this year, and for 3+ quarters Oregon looked the better team. I really thought the Ducks were going to turn the corner with this game, but late game heroics by Auburn, meant that Oregon, again, loses to Auburn. They are still a major player, and one of the favorites to win the conference, but they will not be able to slip up anymore if they have any hopes of making the playoffs.
NEXT UP: vs Nevada

#1 Washington (1-0) Defeated Eastern Washington 47-14
*Yawn* Another blowout win for UW in an OCC game against an absolutely dog. Stop me when you've heard this before. Things looked good this past weekend for the Huskies, but shit, that happens when you play an FCS school. Expect UW to hold this spot for some time, as their schedule doesn't really start going until next month.
NEXT UP: vs California