• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's black athletes will not take part in any sports

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former Mizzou QB Brad Smith

What an opportunity for MIzzou to come together and show the world how to love one another. I know MIzzou is much better than the attention it's been getting, I am proud to have attended The University of Missouri and continue to attend as I work towards my masters degree.We must recognize that change is necessary and policy change will help for sure, but that alone won't bring about the change that our hearts desire. I challenge all of us to look in the mirror and examine our motives and personal prejudices (Black,White, Asian ,Hispanic, all nationalities ) and then act. Cultures change by people choosing to change them, individuals choosing to sit and eat a meal with someone who doesn't look like them, people who look out for one another simply because they love them, people who make a conscious choice to listen to one another and put there individual agendas aside. A new President alone can't make that change for us. We are all broken pieces, damaged, imperfect and flawed. But when you put all of our broken pieces to together we make a beautiful Mosaic. Without one another we are only broken shards of glass used to inflict pain. Speak the truth in love and let's work on our issues together, like a family should. "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves." Philippians 2:3 #onemizzou #bettertogether #mosaic
RealBradSmith (@realbradsmith) on Nov 12, 2015 at 8:11am PST

exactly what change is necessary? and what policy changes?

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against who? Who were the occupants of those 5 rooms?
No idea, nor does it matter. A swastika, painted with poop, lipstick or motor oil isn't a sign of love and peace. That is, if it happened at all. Perhaps I should have said ethnic instead of racial.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly what change is necessary? and what policy changes?

What needs to change is that a small percentage of students, who by all accounts are lying, racist, douchebags, can exert enough influence to force a man to resign because he's a different color than them.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea, nor does it matter. A swastika, painted with poop, lipstick or motor oil isn't a sign of love and peace. That is, if it happened at all. Perhaps I should have said ethnic instead of racial.

If you turn it 90 degrees it actually is an Indian sign or peace and love.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not pooping til the guy that stocks the cracker aisle at Walmart is fired.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm sure someone would do that. with feces.

I wasn't saying that, I have no doubt it was what it was. Just pointing out something not a lot of people know. My facility used to sell a lot of Indian antiques and some of them had the symbol on it and I freaked when I noticed it. The owner, who is Jewish, explained it to me.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that the place it was put was a limited access area. So who was the target? (whom in one of those rooms?) What was the intent? Or was this a horribly distasteful prank between dorm mates? Is this part of an on-going pattern of behavior in this dorm or with the students who live in one of these five rooms?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that the place it was put was a limited access area. So who was the target? (whom in one of those rooms?) What was the intent? Or was this a horribly distasteful prank between dorm mates? Is this part of an on-going pattern of behavior in this dorm or with the students who live in one of these five rooms?

Or did one of the students have a jerk visitor? Did one of the housekeeping staff get mad someone left them a floater or pissed all over the floor that they threw on a pair of gloves and did it? Did one of the housekeepers dislike another and wanted to give them something to clean up and cause a hassle during their shift. Did a student sneak in from another quad?

Who knows what, if anything actually happened?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me a break........

and I still want to see proof. none has been shown.

I believe the police report that it actually happened. Doesn't mean a student actually did it. And what the execs at the university were supposed to do about it other than call the cops is beyond me

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just crazy.

Although, it wasn't Butler that made the false KKK tweet, it was the Student Body president Payton head. Those 2 make quite the team.

The 2 of them apparently have political aspirations. They did a nice job interjecting themselves into this story and making a name for themselves. But it was all built on bullshit.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or did one of the students have a jerk visitor? Did one of the housekeeping staff get mad someone left them a floater or pissed all over the floor that they threw on a pair of gloves and did it? Did one of the housekeepers dislike another and wanted to give them something to clean up and cause a hassle during their shift. Did a student sneak in from another quad?

Who knows what, if anything actually happened?
Goddurnit, @Cyder! Don't you know this is 'muricah?!? Don't ask pertinent questions! Just make assumptions and get horribly offended by your fuckwitted conclusions!

Where the fuck is that sarcasm font?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3