• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares about your imaginary titles.
The NBA cared about Minnesota's putting out much better bb players than Oregon, as did the people who named the All-America teams.

Also the AP pollsters cared about Minnesota having more good teams over the years than Oregon has had.

And I'm sure the Oregon fans who witnessed the Gophers beating them in 2/3rds of the games played head to head cared.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA cared about Minnesota's putting out much better bb players than Oregon, as did the people who named the All-America teams.

Also the AP pollsters cared about Minnesota having more good teams over the years than Oregon has had.

And I'm sure the Oregon fans who witnessed the Gophers beating them in 2/3rds of the games played head to head cared.
Just curious, why are you so passionate about the state of Minnesota that you are willing to spout off irrelevant facts about your state that has nothing to do with College Football. You know, the topic of the forum.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dylan was garbage, whiny voice, mediocre talent.
Well, your insignificant loser opinion was not heard as Dylan has been ranked highly by many music critics.

Also, Dylan is the first Musician to win a Nobel Prize in Literature.

Rolling Stone ranked Dylan the #1 songwriter of ALL-TIME, The GOAT!!!

Dylan wrote 5 of the Top 100 songs of All-Time, including the #1 song of AT, Like a Rolling Stone. 13 total songs in the Top 500.

One list had him with 8 of the Top 500 Albums of All-Time, another had him with 11 of them.

I prefer Prince as well, over Dylan, but just because his style of music isn't my favorite doesn't mean that I can't acknowledge his talent and that many others disagree with me.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, your insignificant loser opinion was not heard as Dylan has been ranked highly by many music critics.

Also, Dylan is the first Musician to win a Nobel Prize in Literature.

Rolling Stone ranked Dylan the #1 songwriter of ALL-TIME, The GOAT!!!

Dylan wrote 5 of the Top 100 songs of All-Time, including the #1 song of AT, Like a Rolling Stone. 13 total songs in the Top 500.

One list had him with 8 of the Top 500 Albums of All-Time, another had him with 11 of them.

I prefer Prince as well, over Dylan, but just because his style of music isn't my favorite doesn't mean that I can't acknowledge his talent and that many others disagree with me.
Who gives a fuck what a critic thinks? Do you see the trash that wins Oscars every year? Critics can be bought and is simply someone voicing an opinion. We voice our opinions too, what's the difference.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, why are you so passionate about the state of Minnesota that you are willing to spout off irrelevant facts about your state that has nothing to do with College Football. You know, the topic of the forum.
"nothing to do with college football"???

The 4 man backfield was invented by UMn. As was the offensive shift, called the Minnesota Shift at the time. A Son of Minnesota, Clark Shaughnessy almost got inducted into the PRO Fb Hall of Fame despite only coaching for 2 years in the NFL because of his influence on the modern game of football. And UMn also brought the world cheerleading.

The first pro ever was a former Gopher. Pudge Heffelfinger.

The first black football player in the B1G was a Gopher, he was also the first black Pro fb player and probably the first black hockey player, too.

UMn was the #1 college football program in the nation overall, for the first 41 years of the 20th Century for sure, and possibly the first 62? It took the biggest world war in the world's history to end the Gopher Dynasty.

And if it was not for Minnesota and the University of Minnesota, we might not have any college football to watch as the Germans would have forced us to watch the other football, soccer, under their rule.

And after helping the Allies win the war, who do you think brought you Radio, TV, Computers and the Internet to watch and follow your favorite college football team?

Yeah, that'd be the University of Minnesota, along with help from other great research universities across the nation, many of the B1G schools being the biggest contributors.

And BILLIONS of people wouldn't be alive today without the research done at the University of Minnesota. So you might not be here to enjoy college football if not for UMn.

So... hardly irrelevant.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a fuck what a critic thinks? Do you see the trash that wins Oscars every year? Critics can be bought and is simply someone voicing an opinion. We voice our opinions too, what's the difference.
And who gives a fuck what YOU think? To be honest, critics can be idiots sometimes, often even, but compared to some random person on the internet who starts out a conversation claiming Minnesota as a state is completely irrelevant and the only thing the state has ever produced of worth is Prince just doesn't paint you as the brightest bulb on the tree.

I mean

Sinclair Lewis,
F Scott Fitzgerald,
Charles Schultz,
The Replacements,
Terry Gilliam,
The Cohen Brothers,
Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis

Jessica Biel!!!

I can go on for days listing all of the amazing Minnesotans and U of Mn grads out there in the world.

World renowned docs, like Christiaan Barnard and Norman Shumway, both went to the University of Minnesota and were both students of another former UMn grad who taught at UMn, Owen Wangensteen, and he had several other renowned students as well, a sort of cradle of Doctors.

Last edited:

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who gives a fuck what YOU think? To be honest, critics can be idiots sometimes, often even, but compared to some random person on the internet who starts out a conversation claiming Minnesota as a state is completely irrelevant and the only thing the state has ever produced of worth is Prince just doesn't paint you as the brightest bulb on the tree.

I mean

Sinclair Lewis,
F Scott Fitzgerald,
Charles Schultz,
The Replacements,
Terry Gilliam,
The Cohen Brothers,
Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis

Jessica Biel!!!

I can go on for days listing all of the amazing Minnesotans and U of Mn grads out there in the world.

World renowned docs, like Christiaan Barnard and Norman Shumway, both went to the University of Minnesota and were both students of another former UMn grad who taught at UMn, Owen Wangensteen, and he had several other renowned students as well, a sort of cradle of Doctors.
But again, none of that has anything to do with the topic of College football nor does the accomplishments of WW2.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, none of that has anything to do with the topic of College football nor does the accomplishments of WW2.
No one is forcing you to come into this thread, are they? The Title alone should have given you plenty of warning it wouldn't be your typical thread.

but you want to talk football.

#1 winningest college football coach of all-time - St John's MINNESOTA former head coach John Gagliardi.

#1 winningest college football coach in Div 2 at the time of his retirement, former Gopher and one of Bernie Bierman's players, Jim Malosky.

#1 longest winning streak in college football history, another one of Bernie Bierman's players, Bud Wilkinson, coaching the Oklahoma Sooners. The #2 longest winning streak in college football history was also a former Gopher, Gil Dobie, coaching the Washington Huskies.

#1 longest unbeaten streak in college football history, another former Gopher, Gil Dobie coaching the Washington Huskies.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically this thread was you spouting off about Minnesota this year that ended up being like every other year for the Gophers, mediocrity so now you have to dig into "accomplishments" that are several decades old, in some cases not even about football and about obscure college sports that no one gives a shit about to make yourself feel good for once again being let down by a team that will never be relevant again in the college football landscape. The most you can ever hope for as a gopher fan is the Rose Bowl and that will be because the top teams of the big ten will be in the playoffs.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically this thread was you spouting off about Minnesota this year that ended up being like every other year for the Gophers, mediocrity so now you have to dig into "accomplishments" that are several decades old, in some cases not even about football and about obscure college sports that no one gives a shit about to make yourself feel good for once again being let down by a team that will never be relevant again in the college football landscape. The most you can ever hope for as a gopher fan is the Rose Bowl and that will be because the top teams of the big ten will be in the playoffs.
And your state and team are?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from Indiana, but my team is Florida State.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for once again being let down by a team that will never be relevant again in the college football landscape. The most you can ever hope for as a gopher fan is the Rose Bowl and that will be because the top teams of the big ten will be in the playoffs.

And why would that be? Do you even have an actual intellectually based argument or is that just your ignorance based opinion? Like your opinion that nothing good has EVER come out of Minnesota except Prince was obviously VERY ignorance based???

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana? A good ole racist state that hasn't produced much outside of bb, that I know of. Florida St? Felon U? I can see why you would prefer not to talk about important things outside of football that matter.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning 5 Natl Titles in 8 years = "hasn't ever been good" in your brain???

Ok, you steal the title of dumbest poster EVAH from idiot Wazzu fan.

I don't know, they went 11-2 in 2019 beating a Top Ten ranked(both at the time and EOS) 8-0 going into the game PSU as well as a Top Ten ranked, going into the game, Auburn in their bowl game. Seems kind of good to me?

Producing the MOST NFL Coaches ever seems pretty good to me.
Producing the MOST NFL Annual Scoring Champs seems pretty good to me.
Producing the MOST NFL All-Decade Team members seems pretty good to me.
Ranking Top Ten at winning Natl Titles and producing NFL Hall of Famers seems pretty good to me.
Being more of and a better Cradle of Coaches than "The Cradle of Coaches", Miami of Ohio, seems pretty good to me.
Needing a World War to end Bernie Bierman's Dynasty, and even needing Bernie Bierman himself to end that team's winning streak, seems pretty good to me.

(1)"producing the MOST NFL Coaches ever seems pretty good to me"

(2)"producing the MOST NFL all-decade team members seems pretty good to me"

Due to all the crazy stuff you say I have trouble believing this. (3)And for the last time Minnesota isn't the Cradle of Coaches. You're the only person that keeps incorrectly saying that.

Can you post something legit to back up what you've claimed? All three things. And when I say legit I mean a link. Don't type one of your biased & homeristic mini-essay's.

And one more thing. Stop pretending that WW II only interrupted Minnesota football but no other teams in the country.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like Florida State has been tearing it up lately, lol. I'd put the Gophers under PJ Fleck, so what, 2017-present up against FSU during that time any day of the week.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(1)"producing the MOST NFL Coaches ever seems pretty good to me"
UMn produced something like 14 NFL coaches. Find me a school that produced more, it surely isn't Miami of Ohio.

(2)"producing the MOST NFL all-decade team members seems pretty good to me"
UMn has produced double digit NFL All-Decade team players and last I checked, before the 2010-2019 team was announced, UMn had the most. The 2010s Decade Team may have put another school up to #1, I didn't check.

Due to all the crazy stuff you say I have trouble believing this. (3)And for the last time Minnesota isn't the Cradle of Coaches. You're the only person that keeps incorrectly saying that.
I've stopped calling UMn the REAL Cradle of Coaches to appease you, and instead have resorted to claiming that UMn has produced MORE and BETTER coaches than "the" Cradle of Coaches, Miami of Ohio. You know, don't want to get sued or anything since Miami of Ohio did the lame ass thing of patenting the name, lol. Might have been knowledge that someone like me was out there who figured out that they weren't the REAL Cradle, as it was a big time donor to Miami of Ohio who it was that I argued about this with back in the day, before they went and patented the name.
Can you post something legit to back up what you've claimed? All three things. And when I say legit I mean a link. Don't type one of your biased & homeristic mini-essay's.

I'm on a break at work, so I just posted what I did above, will look for links after work.
And one more thing. Stop pretending that WW II only interrupted Minnesota football but no other teams in the country.

WW2 actually helped several schools out. Minnesota's players got distributed among it's opponents, NW and Michigan both had players named All-American who would otherwise have been playing for Minnesota. Minnesota's coach got poached by the military and his Iowa Seahawks team was the team that broke the winning streak the Gophers had going when he got pulled out of that position.

Notre Dame and Army, among others, including OSU, seemed to flourish during and just after WW2.

And of the programs you are referring to, that ALSO got hurt as UMn did, how many of them were poised to win their 6th Natl Title in 9 years, or even make the rankings? Minnesota was poised to do that, until the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn produced something like 14 NFL coaches. Find me a school that produced more, it surely isn't Miami of Ohio.

UMn has produced double digit NFL All-Decade team players and last I checked, before the 2010-2019 team was announced, UMn had the most. The 2010s Decade Team may have put another school up to #1, I didn't check.

I've stopped calling UMn the REAL Cradle of Coaches to appease you, and instead have resorted to claiming that UMn has produced MORE and BETTER coaches than "the" Cradle of Coaches, Miami of Ohio. You know, don't want to get sued or anything since Miami of Ohio did the lame ass thing of patenting the name, lol. Might have been knowledge that someone like me was out there who figured out that they weren't the REAL Cradle, as it was a big time donor to Miami of Ohio who it was that I argued about this with back in the day, before they went and patented the name.

I'm on a break at work, so I just posted what I did above, will look for links after work.

WW2 actually helped several schools out. Minnesota's players got distributed among it's opponents, NW and Michigan both had players named All-American who would otherwise have been playing for Minnesota. Minnesota's coach got poached by the military and his Iowa Seahawks team was the team that broke the winning streak the Gophers had going when he got pulled out of that position.

Notre Dame and Army, among others, including OSU, seemed to flourish during and just after WW2.

And of the programs you are referring to, that ALSO got hurt as UMn did, how many of them were poised to win their 6th Natl Title in 9 years, or even make the rankings? Minnesota was poised to do that, until the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

Minnesota has produced "something like 14"? I said post a legit link stating Minnesota has produced more NFL coach than any other program. And once again you can't back up what you've claimed in a legit fashion.

So I'm sure the rest of your comment is very questionable and homeristic. Like all of your comments when you're over-pimping Minnesota.

Very odd that each time I have asked you to post a legit link backing up something you've claimed about Minnesota you won't do that.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana? A good ole racist state that hasn't produced much outside of bb, that I know of. Florida St? Felon U? I can see why you would prefer not to talk about important things outside of football that matter.
One, I don't give a shit what has or hasn't come out of a particular state. It is irrelevent, especially since no matter where something great comes from we all get to enjoy it, there isn't a medal or anything for sharing a state with someone famous. Secondly, when Minnesota even gets close to the pedigree that Florida State has in college football in a much shorter time frame mind you, then you can speak, until then, STFU. You prove your ignorance but calling us Felon U, that's cute. Just like you put down Oregon over a Nike contract, save your morality bullshit for someone else. It's football, winning is all that matters princess.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me back up a bit, I truly admire your fandom for your team, support who you like, I know I'm that way with my Indianapolis Colts, I understand it. Where you went off the rails is talking about shit from over a century ago, or bringing up other sports, or heroes of WW2. None of that matters in what this thread was about and that was the Minnesota Golden Gophers 2022 football team. Be honest with yourself, you got overly excited and rightfully so when they were rolling, they have now lost some games and dudes came at you for your original boasting so then you tried to counter argue those guys with irrelevant stuff. If this was a debate about pedigree and history of college football then by all means, pull out the stats and history, but this wasn't it.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is forcing you to come into this thread, are they? The Title alone should have given you plenty of warning it wouldn't be your typical thread.
The title told the board that the OP is a retard.