• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota game notes

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Randy Moss' 2012 role
11:17AM ET
Randy Moss | 49ers

After a season away from professional football, this is not quite the Randy Moss we remember. As opposed to staying on the field for just about every one of his team's offensive snaps, Moss has played in around a third of them this season for the San Francisco 49ers. And while that would have riled up the Randy Moss of old, the new version is seemingly fine with his diminished impact, as Eric Branch of the San Francisco Chronicle writes this week.

"Nobody around here ever gets caught up with 'The Guy' terminology," Niners HC Jim Harbaugh said Monday, addressing a question on Moss needing to be the top weapon in an offensive arsenal. "It's about us; it's about the team. And Randy, there's no evidence that he's concerned about 'The Guy' tag. He knows football. He knows the team that plays best is going to win the game. He's been about that."

There have been hints that the 49ers will limit Moss in certain contests and set him loose in others. This week -- against Moss' former team, the Minnesota Vikings -- may be one of the latter variety, but Harbaugh wasn't offering any clues. As an occasional player, Moss can still be quite dangerous in the right spots, but as ESPN NFC West blogger Mike Sando writes, this is more an indication of the Niners' offensive scheme than anything else:

- Tim Kavanagh​

Mike Sando
Niners like multiple TEs, RBs on the field

"Three receivers played more snaps than Randy Moss played. The 49ers don't need regular contributions from Moss. Perhaps they're keeping him fresh. They use two tight ends and/or two backs frequently enough to diminish the need for third receivers. Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham were the only San Francisco receivers to play a majority of snaps on offense. Kyle Williams was a distant third at 35 percent, followed by Moss at 25 percent."

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As they should... Harbaugh likes Ali, so I'll use a boxing joke now. I'll even throw in an obscure Sports Illustrated article that I read.... dun dun dun

Lets not turn the Vikings into Buster Douglass, I don't want to read about the Vikings daily activities 10 years from now... of getting on their motorcycle every day to go rent a new movie at Blockbuster. That's one way to spend the 30 million dollar purse, bike, blockbuster, movie, home... repeat.

I say again, lets not turn the Vikings into Buster Douglass

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1