• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota game notes

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so the vikings plan to run the ball? :crazy:

teams can't get too far from their own strengths. for example, the 49ers FIRST do what they do best, even if the opponent was missing 3 of 4 DB's.

you do attack your opponent's weakness, but not so much that you become an offense you're not.

agree they won't have as much success as AP is implying, but what else are they going to do?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 49ers have got the best of AP so far, but that doesn't mean they always will. I'll still be a little nervous each time they hand off to him, he is a dangerous guy.

14 attempts for 3 yards in 2007
19 attempts for 89 yards in 2009

Anyway, hope everyone comes out healthy at the end of the game.

He worries me because he is so talented but we are better than anytime we've played him before, he's coming off an injury and their passing game is still limited.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
AD is going to talk, cause what's the alternative? Saying he's worried about running against the Niners? But we've been absolutely shutting down the run while spending almost the entirety of our first two games in nickel or dime, trying (and succeeding) to shut down the deep ball. Sop has played something like eight snaps. This week, we'll play the run and the short pass first. It'll be really hard to run on this team under those circumstances.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh.... All Day. I was wondering why everybody kept saying AD. I was thinking Anthony Davis? Anthony Dixon? The content didn't match up. Sure, Dixon talks, but about run defense? Adrian Peterson is AP, but really AD... got it.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhhhh.... All Day. I was wondering why everybody kept saying AD. I was thinking Anthony Davis? Anthony Dixon? The content didn't match up. Sure, Dixon talks, but about run defense? Adrian Peterson is AP, but really AD... got it.

Yea Peterson got the nickname All Day or AD in I believe HS because he can run All Day

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For you stats masters out there... what's been the biggest spread as a favorite in recent years for niners?

I can't believe we(as fans) are back to being touchdown favorites lol

Not sure if someone else answered, but according to The GoldSheet - America's #1 Choice

last year we were favoured by 13.5 in week 17 against StL, favoured by 16 week 13 vs the Rams, favoured by 10.5 vs Cleveland and by 11 vs Arizona.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams can't get too far from their own strengths. for example, the 49ers FIRST do what they do best, even if the opponent was missing 3 of 4 DB's.

you do attack your opponent's weakness, but not so much that you become an offense you're not.

agree they won't have as much success as AP is implying, but what else are they going to do?

lube up? :hdn:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lube up? :hdn:

not a strong opinion BUT, think it'll be a closer game than we expect? not calling this a trap game, nor think the Vikes will win, but if i had to bet on it.......take the points.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a strong opinion BUT, think it'll be a closer game than we expect? not calling this a trap game, nor think the Vikes will win, but if i had to bet on it.......take the points.

i want to see how we respond to what should be an easy game after two big wins. hopefully we play hard and if thats the case we should run over the vikings.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if ginn can't beat out williams as a return man, the only way ginn should be on the payroll is if he's a hot dog vendor.

is there a demand for hot dog vendors or do you just like to recommend it because thats where you started in the working world?