• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan working on "lifetime contract" with Harbaugh

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry, I forgot, program rebuilds are supposed to take a year max.
Except you didn’t need to do a full rebuild. You had very talented players who had bad coaching. It’s not like you are rebuilding after John L Smith. And you are fucking Michigan, one of the six or seven easiest programs to recruit for. You aren’t trying to rebuild UTEP. He has top 5 recruiting classes and struggling against Purdue.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having said that, if we don't get Kelly, I'd certainly take the hiring of Harbaugh well......Jim Mira Jr wore out his welcome and never improved after the first few seasons.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the season with Maize and Blue glasses, we could be 10-1 going into this week.

We could have and should have beat Michigan State (no excuses, I felt that we lost that game more than MSU won it).

Penn State flat out outplayed us. They were the better team, had a better game plan and their fans were off the charts. No way (even in Maize and Blue glasses) do I see us winning that one.

We played with Wisconsin the majority of the game. We did not capitalize on momentum when we had it. Again, no excuses Wisconsin won that game as much as we lost it. I just saying it was a winnable game.

Now a 10-1 Michigan gets a lot more respect than a 8-3 Michigan. I know Michigan had some close games that they won, but I don't want to think about that.

Bottom line, I am satisfied with Harbaugh and not ready to give up on him (nor would I give him a lifetime contract). Which I still can't find any credible sources saying a lifetime contract.
Absolutely he should not be on the hot seat. But at a certain point Michigan fans need to take the Maize and Blue glasses off and realize he is not producing like he should and stop making excuses for his ineptitude. What he did at Stanford means nothing now. What he did with the 49ers means nothing now. He needs to produce for you. Michigan isn’t going to find a better coach than him right now but stop making excuses and living in Scenario Village about what he could have done and own up that so far, Harbaugh has failed to live up to the hype and expectations.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of conference or division. Like Harbaugh, Pelini won the games he should, but lost the bigger ones.
To get you back on subject...At the time many thought Pelini was just one step away from getting Nebraska back to relevance, but it never came.
A very similar pattern showing here with Harbaugh.
The AD that caused this dumpster fire that is Nebraska has been shown the door. I was not comparing Riley to Harbaugh anyway. I was comparing Pelini to Harbaugh at this point in each's tenure and it's an accurate comparison other than Michigan wanting to give Harbaugh a "lifetime contract".
Nebraska fans complained about :01 against tejas in the Big 12 CCG.
Michigan fans complain about a couple of inches against Ohio St.
Give the :01 back to Pelini and the couple inches back to Harbaugh. It still doesn't take away that at this time Harbaugh is Pelini.

Truth

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely he should not be on the hot seat. But at a certain point Michigan fans need to take the Maize and Blue glasses off and realize he is not producing like he should and stop making excuses for his ineptitude. What he did at Stanford means nothing now. What he did with the 49ers means nothing now. He needs to produce for you. Michigan isn’t going to find a better coach than him right now but stop making excuses and living in Scenario Village about what he could have done and own up that so far, Harbaugh has failed to live up to the hype and expectations.

Why are you overly concerned about it? You should be happy.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you overly concerned about it? You should be happy.
Wife is a Michigan fan and you guys losing makes me miserable through her. Also beating 3-9 Michigan brings me no joy, beating a 11-2 or 10-3 Michigan is satisfying.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife is a Michigan fan and you guys losing makes me miserable through her. Also beating 3-9 Michigan brings me no joy, beating a 11-2 or 10-3 Michigan is satisfying.

Enjoy your time on top ... you'll be doing the dishes soon enough.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine was out of pure anger and hatred for what happened last year. And for that I apologized because it wasn't normally something I'd resort to. The problem with Slinky is that he's unapologetic in his consistent usage of retard for as long as he's been here. To the point where he then also pointed out he calls people faggots too.
He sure does.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this was just to show his long term commitment to the program to boost recruiting. He's losing recruits because kids are hearing that Jim is just going to bail on the team soon. Now he's a life time coach with Michigan just like Paul Chryst with Wisconsin. Meanwhile, Myer will have another Panic attack within the next few weeks and go to another place that already has won a championship, currently bringing in plenty of five star recruits and is talking about another coach. Maybe Notre Dame might be a good place for him to go. When the going gets tough, Myer gets going to another school. BUAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously this was just to show his long term commitment to the program to boost recruiting. He's losing recruits because kids are hearing that Jim is just going to bail on the team soon. Now he's a life time coach with Michigan just like Paul Chryst with Wisconsin. Meanwhile, Myer will have another Panic attack within the next few weeks and go to another place that already has won a championship, currently bringing in plenty of five star recruits and is talking about another coach. Maybe Notre Dame might be a good place for him to go. When the going gets tough, Myer gets going to another school. BUAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Or, he sodomizes you queens on the way to a championship. Again.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, he sodomizes you queens on the way to a championship. Again.

Poor poor OSU fans always living in the past. I have no idea why you idiots would want to make the CFP anyways. I mean your team is obviously worse than it was last year and last year you lost what 31-0.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor poor OSU fans always living in the past. I have no idea why you idiots would want to make the CFP anyways. I mean your team is obviously worse than it was last year and last year you lost what 31-0.

Still beat Wisconsin's ass

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're gonna look pretty damn dumb when Meyer's still the Buckeyes coach next year. And are you still convinced that no other HC in the country @ their current place has had the success PC has had in only 3 years? By the way make sure to ignore what Meyer did in Columbus & what Saban did in Tuscaloosa to make your dream a reality.