• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan pulls out of Arkansas series

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado had a decent year, but it's not like Michigan scheduled that game for that strength as Colorado had been one of the worst P5 teams in recent history.

But I am not surprised to see a Michigan fan trying to pimp it out like they went out and scheduled some high quality game when everyone else knows it's bullshit.

And of course, you're just being the conference homer you accuse SEC fans of being.

Thats the entire point of why is its pussy scheduling when you constantly schedule Mercer and Towsend and Chattanooga and Northern Carolina and Furman like SEC teams do. Theres always a chance four years down the road that Colorado or Virginia or Memphis could have a decent team , maybe not win but give you a game. With those one legged schools you guys schedule at home theres very little chance. But that you don't get. You still try and sell scheduling Mercer is the same as Colorado. It's totally BS.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the entire point of why is its pussy scheduling when you constantly schedule Mercer and Towsend and Chattanooga and Northern Carolina and Furman like SEC teams do. Theres always a chance four years down the road that Colorado or Virginia or Memphis could have a decent team , maybe not win but give you a game. With those one legged schools you guys schedule at home theres very little chance. But that you don't get. You still try and sell scheduling Mercer is the same as Colorado. It's totally BS.

So we are pretending like FCS teams never beat FBS teams like that?

Happens multiple times every year. Believe it or not, some FCS teams are actually better than FBS teams, and some are even better than P5 teams.

In 2011, the team that scored the most points on us all year was the FCS team. 21 pts. Auburn and Arkansas managed 14 for next best. And those points weren't scored at the end of the game. 14 of them came in the 2nd quarter and 7 of them in the 3rd.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we are pretending like FCS teams never beat FBS teams like that?

Happens multiple times every year. Believe it or not, some FCS teams are actually better than FBS teams, and some are even better than P5 teams.

In 2011, the team that scored the most points on us all year was the FCS team. 21 pts. Auburn and Arkansas managed 14 for next best. And those points weren't scored at the end of the game. 14 of them came in the 2nd quarter and 7 of them in the 3rd.

Give me a break. You're still trying to sell that shit? You had to go back to 2011 to find an example? And your example is they scored close to what a couple of SEC teams scored?
Since 2011 the SEC has played 68 FCS teams. All at home. Why don't you tell us how many times the FCS won.
How many times has Chattanooga or Mercer or Towsend or Furman or Presbyterian been ranked at any time of the season? Because teams you clowns always bring up have sucked many years but they also have had decent teams once in while. San Diego State finished ranked this past year . Thats better than 3/4 of the SEC . Colorado finished ranked. Hawaii has been ranked before. Fresno State has had some years in the rankings. Enlighten me when those teams that you guys play over and over and over again at home late in November have ever been close to being anything but trash.

Last edited:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before 4D20 talks about how the SEC's SOS is higher than every other conference despite playing FCS schools.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me a break. You're still trying to sell that shit? You had to go back to 2011 to find an example? And your example is they scored close to what a couple of SEC teams scored?
Since 2011 the SEC has played 68 FCS teams. All at home. Why don't you tell us how many times the FCS won.
How many times has Chattanooga or Mercer or Towsend or Furman or Presbyterian been ranked at any time of the season? Because teams you clowns always bring up have sucked many years but they also have had decent teams once in while. San Diego State finished ranked this past year . Thats better than 3/4 of the SEC . Colorado finished ranked. Hawaii has been ranked before. Fresno State has had some years in the rankings. Enlighten me when those teams that you guys play over and over and over again at home late in November have ever been close to being anything but trash.

the SEC's SOS is higher than every other conference despite playing FCS schools.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the SEC's SOS is higher than every other conference despite playing FCS schools.

What are you a parrot? Is that what you come back with when you don't know how to reply to my last post? That's all you have to counter that?
We've gone through this this. You guys play less conference games and crappy FCS teams at home . since you dont lose them your over ranked teams stay over ranked. Other than Bama all the SEC teams ranked were one loss away from dropping out. Maybe if they played a team who isnt a FCS team they could have not ever made the rankings.
Again. Stop skirting the issue. You guys play Mercer and Towsend and Chattanooga and Furman and Presbyterian and W Carolina over and over and over at home late November and equate that to teams playing lower teams who sometimes arent good but sometimes have been decent. Teams like Colorado, Fresno State, Boston College, Virginia ,San Diego State.
I can point to times since 2000 when these teams have been ranked or at least been pretty decent. When could you say that about all those teams you guys play at home late in November? Come on it's just a question.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_ma5yq12uTN1rrdwdy.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you a parrot? Is that what you come back with when you don't know how to reply to my last post? That's all you have to counter that?
We've gone through this this. You guys play less conference games and crappy FCS teams at home . since you dont lose them your over ranked teams stay over ranked. Other than Bama all the SEC teams ranked were one loss away from dropping out. Maybe if they played a team who isnt a FCS team they could have not ever made the rankings.
Again. Stop skirting the issue. You guys play Mercer and Towsend and Chattanooga and Furman and Presbyterian and W Carolina over and over and over at home late November and equate that to teams playing lower teams who sometimes arent good but sometimes have been decent. Teams like Colorado, Fresno State, Boston College, Virginia ,San Diego State.
I can point to times since 2000 when these teams have been ranked or at least been pretty decent. When could you say that about all those teams you guys play at home late in November? Come on it's just a question.

Sometimes it's more fun to make jokes and have a laugh.

Besides, his response was right. I've shown you the math behind the schedules and no matter how much you just don't want to admit it, there isn't much difference at all.

I know we play FCS teams - I DO NOT CARE. I use to be against them, but you guys and all your crying have actually convinced me to support them funny enough. If you think it's some huge advantage, then you fail at math and just want to believe shit that makes you feel better.

Besides, schedules were in the past only 11 games, and the FCS games didn't really appear until they added a 12th game. I don't know where you guys get this idea that season ticket holders and all these other people are getting screwed. It was a game that didn't even exist at all until about 15 years ago.

If the schedule differences are such a big deal, it'll show in the SoS.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it's more fun to make jokes and have a laugh.

Besides, his response was right. I've shown you the math behind the schedules and no matter how much you just don't want to admit it, there isn't much difference at all.

I know we play FCS teams - I DO NOT CARE. I use to be against them, but you guys and all your crying have actually convinced me to support them funny enough. If you think it's some huge advantage, then you fail at math and just want to believe shit that makes you feel better.

Besides, schedules were in the past only 11 games, and the FCS games didn't really appear until they added a 12th game. I don't know where you guys get this idea that season ticket holders and all these other people are getting screwed. It was a game that didn't even exist at all until about 15 years ago.

If the schedule differences are such a big deal, it'll show in the SoS.

Yeah sorry if I'm not going with your math. Your SOS math only works because SEC teams play one less conference game and with the added FCS home cupcake more SEC teams stay in rankings when they shouldn't. So justifying it with the SOS strength is bullshit because they don't take that into consideration. When Ohio State is playing Michigan and USC is playing UCLA , Alabama will be playing Mercer. Sorry but its pussy scheduling. And of course you dont care you don't pay to sit in the stands. You sit at home and wouldnt care if they played 10 FCS teams. I'd rather lose once in a while or get a decent game from a team you didn't think would be good when it was scheduled and I like that the team I follow has the balls to go and play across the country or in the Midwest.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sorry if I'm not going with your math. Your SOS math only works because SEC teams play one less conference game and with the added FCS home cupcake more SEC teams stay in rankings when they shouldn't. So justifying it with the SOS strength is bullshit because they don't take that into consideration. When Ohio State is playing Michigan and USC is playing UCLA , Alabama will be playing Mercer. Sorry but its pussy scheduling. And of course you dont care you don't pay to sit in the stands. You sit at home and wouldnt care if they played 10 FCS teams. I'd rather lose once in a while or get a decent game from a team you didn't think would be good when it was scheduled and I like that the team I follow has the balls to go and play across the country or in the Midwest.

I don't think you understand math at all, since the math I did was finding the difference between the current schedule vs a 9 game conference schedule.

And as for FCS teams - our FCS team gave us a better game last year than USC did.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you understand math at all, since the math I did was finding the difference between the current schedule vs a 9 game conference schedule.

And as for FCS teams - our FCS team gave us a better game last year than USC did.

I dont think you understand or you just act like you don't see how the SEC fixes their scheduling.
USC was the the team that helped your regular season SOS the most. No SEC team would have given you that . Kinda fucks with your logic doesn't it. lol

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you understand or you just act like you don't see how the SEC fixes their scheduling.
USC was the the team that helped your regular season SOS the most. No SEC team would have given you that . Kinda fucks with your logic doesn't it. lol

Oh, you mean the schedule consists of more than 1 game out of 12 and just because they gave us a better game than USC did, that single game between them doesn't mean the FCS team was better than USC?

Interesting concept.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And btw, all teams schedule in the manner they think is best for them. Alabama and other SEC teams are no different.

Pac12 teams tend to play cupcake games to start the season. SEC teams play tougher games to start the season, and then the FCS games are the games before the biggest rivalry games.

And every year it's the same crap with the FCS teams. When it's week 1-week 4, you never hear about how bad FCS games are. When it's week 11, suddenly they are the devil. Same shit year after year.

I guess I should be like you and suggest that any team that starts out with a cupcake game are just a bunch of pussies who can't play real teams until weeks in the season. But the thing is - I really don't give a shit how you schedule, just as long as the end result is respectable and you aren't pulling an Iowa/Boise St.

So spare me the crying that other teams aren't making their schedules harder. As if it had a damn thing to do with why USC got it's ass whipped last year, or the playoff picture.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, you mean the schedule consists of more than 1 game out of 12 and just because they gave us a better game than USC did, that single game between them doesn't mean the FCS team was better than USC?

Interesting concept.

Are you new to college football?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And btw, all teams schedule in the manner they think is best for them. Alabama and other SEC teams are no different.

Pac12 teams tend to play cupcake games to start the season. SEC teams play tougher games to start the season, and then the FCS games are the games before the biggest rivalry games.

And every year it's the same crap with the FCS teams. When it's week 1-week 4, you never hear about how bad FCS games are. When it's week 11, suddenly they are the devil. Same shit year after year.

I guess I should be like you and suggest that any team that starts out with a cupcake game are just a bunch of pussies who can't play real teams until weeks in the season. But the thing is - I really don't give a shit how you schedule, just as long as the end result is respectable and you aren't pulling an Iowa/Boise St.

So spare me the crying that other teams aren't making their schedules harder. As if it had a damn thing to do with why USC got it's ass whipped last year, or the playoff picture.

You forget the part where the SEC schedules them more than any other conference. So of course you think its fine.
Alabama has traveled to an OCC foes house four times in twelve years. And played more FCS teams than even most SEC teams. Congrats on that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta get back to the PF, this shit is just straight up stoopid.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forget the part where the SEC schedules them more than any other conference. So of course you think its fine.
Alabama has traveled to an OCC foes house four times in twelve years. And played more FCS teams than even most SEC teams. Congrats on that.

You forgot to list the national championships.