• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In th Mouth of Gladness: South Carolina Gamecocks Football

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the roller coaster that is college football. There are highs and lows and sometimes they can all happen in a single game. Such was the case for the University of South Carolina, whose Gamecocks football team found themselves fighting to get back to .500 and keep their bowl hopes alive. The only problem was that standing in their way was Georgia, home of the Bulldogs aka That Team That's Closing In On Alabama and Clemson.

USC's job today wasn't to close in on Alabama or Clemson. Their job was to somehow beat Georgia, undefeated going into this game. A whole game and 2 overtimes later, that's what happened.

Here now, highlights from an unidentified South Carolina fan message board during a game thread for today's Gamecocks/Bulldogs matchup.

---

Starting the game thread this early reminds me of a line from GOOD MORNING VIETNAM: "It’s oh six hundred hours. What’s the oh stand for? Oh my God it’s early!" Back to my morning tea.

I think we can get Fromm a couple of times, he gets frazzled easily.

crappy first drive, but man our punter is good

HILINSKI TO EDWARDS, TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Muschamp you fucking idiot

Hilinski limping around too…the wheels are about to come off this thing

I can’t believe they played that so well

Going for it on 4th does exist in football

Picked the wrong time to use the bathroom.

But I don’t mind coming back to points.

Sports boner

Holy shit. Pick six!

Well done 24.
Kinlaw is a grown man.

Crowd shots tell it all.

GA fans are not liking this at all.

BLOCKED

AND WE GET THE BALL AFTER HALFTIME

LET’S GO, GAMECOCKS

How will the coaches screw this up?

Holy shit this is so much more than I was expecting

Fromm first pick of the season? His second sack? Defense isn’t perfect but they’re playing as hard as they fucking can.
Offense looks decent, Hilinski’s been on point. Need the Oline to do better.
Why do we only play like this against teams that are way above our level?! Why can’t we do this against the Missouri’s and UNC’s?!

oh crap hilinski and edwards both down

and georgia can go to hell for that dirty hit

Keep the faith

Nobody on the planet had us leading going into the 4th.

UGA had 12 men on the field-ref

This freakin line

SOMEONE BLOCK

You can’t reverse it but dag gum show your team you’ll fight for them. My wife the UGA fan said that wasn’t a hold

There was no way the refs were gonna let us win. No reason to hold there but that was bullshit. This always happens to us…always!!

What are they doing he can’t make it. Muschamp is an idiot

Fire Muschamp today. He doesn’t defend his team against the refs then puts them in a impossible positions. Fire them all today

That is really sad call for a FG attempt. He cannot make decisions under pressure.

WORST DAMN COACHING DECISION I'VE EVER SEEN

well at least we're still alive... for now

but wow what the hell was that

For any UGA fans looking

Screw you and your dirty team.

Oh just parker missing kicks...

Unreal!!!

I'm going to have an aneurism

BLOCK

I’m about as glad that it’s over as I am they won

WE SOMEHOW WON THAT CLUSTERFUCK OF A GAME

I can’t believe Blankenship missed

Despite some terrible offensive play calling. Bad referring. We won. That was a defensive win. And I credit Joyner as well for just keeping together. With a bumb hamstring and no package. Great game.

I'm fucking crying right now

When was the last time we did this? Manned up, showed pride, and shocked the fucking world? With four of our best players cheap shotted and out, with home cooking from the refs, and we still fucking win as a 24 point dog on the road.
This doesn’t happen to us. This never happens to us. This can’t be fucking real OMG

"Once in a generation kicker" misses! Gamecocks win! I’m jumping around the living room, and all my wife can say is, "Don’t you feel sorry for the kid that missed?" I hollered, "Not right now!"

THAT . . .

was AWESOME.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gamecock football, about as fun as watching paint dry since 1892.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLDR;

Congrats on the win today. According to a despondent Heather (Dimwit) Dinich, Georgia "should" drop out of the top 4 now.

Personally, I think that's a bit harsh. After all, they are still undefeated in regulation.