• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan bit with the Alabama and OSU career ending injury bug

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you even realize that the SEC has won 10 of the last 18 Natty's?:noidea: Saban has 5 of 'em! Only getting it done in the SEC.:pound:
What does that prove? The SEC has won 8 of the last 10, with 4 different teams winning one during that time.
Hence the reason I said the SEC recruiting advantage. There isn't a secret the schools are in most of the best recruiting areas in the country.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meyer is a damn good coach. At the top of the sport. Nobody is saying anything different.

Also, "Only getting it done in the SEC."

Can you honestly not see how retarded you sound?

What is Saban's record coaching outside the SEC? I 100% admit he is a great recruiter and when you put him at the top schools in the SEC he is great.
MSU, not so much. NFL, not so much.
Bama fans don't have to worry about Saban going anywhere.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Saban's record coaching outside the SEC? I 100% admit he is a great recruiter and when you put him at the top schools in the SEC he is great.
MSU, not so much. NFL, not so much.
Bama fans don't have to worry about Saban going anywhere.

^thinks LSU was a top school when Saban got there.

Can't make this shit up.

:lol:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't make this shit up.

I almost feel like we're picking on a special needs kid or something. Do you still go to hell if you didn't know at first?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost feel like we're picking on a special needs kid or something. Do you still go to hell if you didn't know at first?

I'm going to hell anyway is how I look at it.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even God laughed at the LSU thing.:L Your good.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hysterical you actually believe the drivel. You want to know who actually believes Bama legitimately had a dozen players in a 4 year span suffer career ending/life threatening illnesses? Alabama fans and that is it. It is just a coincidence these hardships coincided with Saban bringing in full recruiting classes while getting rid of players he didn't recruit.
It is also a coincidence that the overwhelming majority are player who rode the bench.

Thank you for the good laugh. I give props to Saban and can see why he is such a good recruiter. He literally has Bama fans saying his players had life threatening injuries. :pound: Thank you so much, I needed a laugh this morning.

While you list the "life threatening illnesses" Bama deals with. I'm sure there had to be dozens and dozens of other life threatening illnesses with the other 9000 scholarship football players in the country. Or do players at Bama suffer life threatening illnesses at a rate never seen before in NCAA, just like they do career ending injuries?

PRICELESS. You guys are literally Saban's puppet . He could come out and say Santa Claus and Easter Bunny are real, and you guys would line up and argue how they are real on here. I'm thoroughly impressed.

FYI. You don't suffer career ending injuries at a rate faster than anyone in history (until Meyer took the record away)

You don't suffer life threatening illnesses at a rate never seen before.

Saban simply sped up the roster reformation by cutting dead weight and giving them a scholarship to finish their degree for the troubles

That is why medical hardships are way down now. Not because Bama players recruited by Saban get hurt less -- it is because Saban recruits more talented players who fit his schemes and players are jumping to the NFL early so he doesn't have to open as many spots.

It isnt rocket science and Bama wasn't cursed for 4 years. Open ur eyes. It was nothing more than exploiting a loop hole as Kirschman, one of Bama's own players is quoted as saying.

IMO, it is a genius maneuver by Saban. Medical evaluations are subjective, so you can't argue if the player accepts it. Player get to finish his degree, team gets a roster spot. Win, win. Arguing how they are legitimate though is f'ing hysterical.

Quit reading your blah, blah, blah after the 1st sentence. I never said all 12 had life threatening conditions, 3 of them did.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't make this shit up.

DiNardo last two years were flops. But the 1998 they were ranked as high as #6 in the country. 1997 they finished 12th in country. 1996 they finished 13th in the country.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there crickets on Saban's record outside the SEC and the NFL? A coach of his stature (no pun intended) must have dominated at every stop along the way. :)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit reading your blah, blah, blah after the 1st sentence. I never said all 12 had life threatening conditions, 3 of them did.
I see reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points either.
Show me where I said Bama had 12 life threatening conditions.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to the rainbows Bino. You don't embarrass yourself that way. :suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DiNardo last two years were flops. But the 1998 they were ranked as high as #6 in the country. 1997 they finished 12th in country. 1996 they finished 13th in the country.

lol you're fucking clueless. LSU finished ranked TWICE in the 90's. Guess where that puts them in the SEC during the decade? Tied for 8th with Arkansas who didn't even join til 1992. LSU was NINTH in win % during the 90's. But please continue to act like LSU was a "top school" when he took it over.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why bring up the 90's? Using that logic and MI sharing the NC in 97 Harbs took over a NC team not a fixer upper.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol you're fucking clueless. LSU finished ranked TWICE in the 90's. Guess where that puts them in the SEC during the decade? Tied for 8th with Arkansas who didn't even join til 1992. LSU was NINTH in win % during the 90's. But please continue to act like LSU was a "top school" when he took it over.
In the 4 years before Saban took over. They finished one year 12th in the country. One year 13th in the country and a 3rd year, they were ranked as high as #6 in the country before they went downhill and DiNardo was fired the next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50/50 it's past ThrustMe's bedtime and he won't be back til morning.

50/50 chance you will be able to comprehend what anyone is writing. Stick to rainbows. Let the adults do the talking.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is there crickets on Saban's record outside the SEC and the NFL? A coach of his stature (no pun intended) must have dominated at every stop along the way. :)

Meh...the Dolphins were a 4-12 team before Saban, then went 1-15 the year after he left. His 15-17 record is acceptable for a program that has finished above .500 exactly 1 time since he left. He's a good coach not a miracle worker.

Same with Sparty...he inherited a team that went 0-11 and left with a team that went 10-2

Prior to that he took a Toledo team that went 5-6 the year before and made them MAC Champions.

Everything else he is a position coach, so hard to judge.

Face it, Saban has accomplished more prior to Alabama than Harbaugh has to date. Get back to me when Harbaugh wins a national championship at any level, let alone multiple places.