• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan: Tell me why YOU think he is the best ever

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic is my favorite basketball player of all-time. He excelled at everything. Was amazing to watch. Unselfish. He made basketball fun. I was a Lakers fan during his playing days.

Kobe ruined that.

Kobe's a great player in his own right, he, like MJ is just a different player. Kobe has never been my favorite current Laker, let alone all time. In fact, he's not even in my top 5 and maybe not top 10 favorite Lakers. I do, however, appreciate his game, how hard he works at it and the fact that he was a huge part of 5 championships.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Russell would tell you Wilt was better than him. He was just on a much better team than Wilt.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is the best because he 3-peated twice, without a "Big 3". He stopped playing basketball for a year of his prime and came back and won again.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan is the best because he 3-peated twice, without a "Big 3". He stopped playing basketball for a year of his prime and came back and won again.

That's a lie...but it is true that he 3-peated twice without a superstar center to ride to the title.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earvin "Magic" Johnson.

Being a 6-6 SG that were MJ-like isn't unheard of, how many 6-9 PG's? Think about that for a second.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan + Pippen + Grant = Big 3
Jordan + Pippen + Rodman = Big 3
MJ had his big 3 just like others have had.

Although, I will give him 1991 to go along with 94,95 Akeem, 11 Dirk, and 03 Duncan.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty close in terms of talent and what each player 'could have accomplished', but I'll always give Michael the big edge because he won it with what he was given instead of being a little b@tch and 'joining forces' with who was the 3rd or 4th best player in the league at the time.

And then really, he did it again. Why do you have to trade for Kevin Love? Just bring along Wiggins and if you are 'the man' you can turn him into a piece of a champion team by his 4th year, just like MJ did with Pippen and Grant.

Also, MJ played in an era where guys used to elbow each other in the head and draw blood. LeBron plays in an era where guys skip games because they don't want to be sore while watching TV at age 45.

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go along with Michael Jordan being the GOAT ever to play the game because I think that takes away from the effort and dedication of the others that contributed be it small or significant. Many of those contributions helped Michael get to the place he is. In addition we have to face the facts which is without 6 championships, MJ would not be considered the greatest of all time and he was allowed to do things on the court that players are not allowed to do starting with travelling and knocking other players out of his way. Take those things away in today's game and perhaps he wins zero. I will consent that he is one of the best, but there are at least 15 other players that deserves to share that title with MJ. No disrespect to MJ, but he is not the greatest ever.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Jordan was superman but lets not overrate Grant. He was a career 11ppg guy. Ill give you Rodman because of his rebounding but that probably goes without saying.

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although, I will give him 1991 to go along with 94,95 Akeem, 11 Dirk, and 03 Duncan.

Lol at Grant being considered a big three. He ain't making the hall...

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't go along with Michael Jordan being the GOAT ever to play the game because I think that takes away from the effort and dedication of the others that contributed be it small or significant. Many of those contributions helped Michael get to the place he is. In addition we have to face the facts which is without 6 championships, MJ would not be considered the greatest of all time and he was allowed to do things on the court that players are not allowed to do starting with travelling and knocking other players out of his way. Take those things away in today's game and perhaps he wins zero. I will consent that he is one of the best, but there are at least 15 other players that deserves to share that title with MJ. No disrespect to MJ, but he is not the greatest ever.

:bullshit:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger's peak is pretty much unparalleled but Tiger's career is not up there with Gretzky or MJ.

The big thing with MJ is that he left basketball for 2 years. Bulls had a 3 peat before and after and no title when he was gone. Magic and Bird were part of truly great teams with long runs. The Bulls were Michael Jordan and some nice surrounding players except for maybe 1 year of that run.

MJ also beat back a Suns team he had no business beating except that he was Michael Jordan.

He had the flu in a game and dominated.

He did the most with the opportunity that he got. You put MJs determination in Shaqs body and he wins 9-10 titles.

MAN! If Shaw had the determination of Jordan or Kobe, man ol man!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude took on monsters...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mY57EYVk6qE]Space Jam Tune Squad Vs Monstars First Half - YouTube[/ame]

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much of the TV aspect of MJ's career do you attribute for his stauts as GOAT?? I mean it clearly played a part. Before the Magic/Bird era we really didnt see the greats so as to be able to appreciate them correctly. Do you think the timing of MJs career plays a big part os his reputation or just a small part?? Also I will pretty strongly disagree on the competitiveness in the NBA during the 90's. I thin k there were some good teams but no real great teams aside from Chicago. Now the 80's were ultra competitive and great but Chicago and MJ were just starting out in that era.