• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan: Tell me why YOU think he is the best ever

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then your the Celtics fans and some non Celts fans that think Bill is. I cant rationalize that but they can

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, looks as if Jordan Hill is getting to another level?

I think the Brow just auditioned in LA. Hey, all us teams will be in on that dude

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make Bill two and argument on Kareem/Magic would be next. Bird kind of is in that mix but you know I love Magic and so under rated

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton;5868600[B said:
]Tiger's peak is pretty much unparalleled but Tiger's career is not up there with Gretzky or MJ. [/B]

The big thing with MJ is that he left basketball for 2 years. Bulls had a 3 peat before and after and no title when he was gone. Magic and Bird were part of truly great teams with long runs. The Bulls were Michael Jordan and some nice surrounding players except for maybe 1 year of that run.

MJ also beat back a Suns team he had no business beating except that he was Michael Jordan.

He had the flu in a game and dominated.

He did the most with the opportunity that he got. You put MJs determination in Shaqs body and he wins 9-10 titles.

While it's hard to really equate an individual sport to a team sport, and obviously Tiger's career isn't over. The reason that I will disagree on the career level still is....

Golf is a much more difficult sport to dominate (the guy is only 3 shy of the ALL-TIME win mark and he's not yet 40) No one in sport imo has ever come into a sport with the hype that Tiger did and delivered anywhere close to what Tiger has done.

On MJ...we agree 100% imo he's clearly the best to ever play the game. The only thing about the titles in CHI that get lost in the MJ era...he never won one w/o Pippen...Scottie was nowhere near the player that MJ was, but he was a hell of a lot better as Robin than people want to give him credit for.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then your the Celtics fans and some non Celts fans that think Bill is. I cant rationalize that but they can

He was the 3rd-best player on his team. He wasn't even the best player of his generation and would struggle to make the roster of a team post-1970.

No one wishes Magic were the greatest ever but he's not. It's MJ. He left no questions unanswered. He passes every test and is the greatest to ever play.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer we agree. MJ is to the NBA like Brady is to the NFL!

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to do it

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thurl Bailey > Bill Russell

Don't make me do this. Because I will.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojan, looks as if Jordan Hill is getting to another level?

I think the Brow just auditioned in LA. Hey, all us teams will be in on that dude

I'm really happy with both him and Ed Davis. I love the energy that they both bring and Davis is starting to show why he was a lottery pick.

I agree, everybody who can clear the cap space will be going hard after Davis, that kid is going to be the best player in the league in a few years, imo. Would love to see him starting for the Lakers and being backed up by Hill.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, what if you don't think MJ's the GOAT?
I think there is an argument for Kareem. I think he could dominate any era as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make Bill two and argument on Kareem/Magic would be next. Bird kind of is in that mix but you know I love Magic and so under rated

I have Magic as my #1 all-time. If Bird had stayed healthy, I would have him as 1b to Magic's 1a. I loved their all-around games.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What era in particular are you talking about? I want some names of superstars and teams, please.

Those early dunk contests were cool, but they invited a new mentality of me-first basketball into the league that showcased its individual superstars and set great team play on the backburner. i.e. Just put the ball in Allen Iverson's hands and let him run our franchise into the ground.

Those Celtics, Lakers, Bulls and Pistons teams of the 80's & 90's played dominant TEAM offense and TEAM defense. The only team in today's NBA that actually plays as a TEAM is the Spurs and they have the rings to prove it. And today's Spurs team would get annihilated by those golden age teams I cited.

This is why I haven't really given a crap about the NBA since the days of Iverson. I greatly prefer Bo Ryan's team-first hard-working Wisconsin Badgers or the NCAA mid-major Cinderellas who bust their balls and upset top-recruit-laden teams like Kentucky and Kansas. I really enjoy great TEAM basketball, but can't stand selfish "superstars".

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Magic as my #1 all-time. If Bird had stayed healthy, I would have him as 1b to Magic's 1a. I loved their all-around games.

Magic is my favorite basketball player of all-time. He excelled at everything. Was amazing to watch. Unselfish. He made basketball fun. I was a Lakers fan during his playing days.

Kobe ruined that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thurl Bailey > Bill Russell

Don't make me do this. Because I will.

C'mon now...you don't want to do that...:scratch:

You can never measure Russell's game or his impact on the game with stats...you just can't.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team in today's NBA that actually plays as a TEAM is the Spurs
Stopped reading after this dumb comment

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magnificent counterpoint! Please allow me to express sincere gratitude for such a constructive debate!
Well, you point is ridiculous beyond reason.

The Spurs are the only team that play team basketball today.

Are you suggesting that the Raptors don't play team basketball?
Are you suggesting that the Grizzlies don't play team basketball?
Are you suggesting that the Bulls don't play team basketball?
Are you suggesting that the Mavericks don't play team basketball?
Are you suggesting that the Hawks don't play team basketball?
Are you suggesting that the Celtics coach isn't preaching team basketball?

The NBA is a vastly superior product to college basketball, atm, too. Far too many 1 and done players and not enough seniors. You have parity because there isnt much talent. It all leaves for the NBA as quickly as it can.