• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan is a hypocrite

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Warriors stay together and win the next 5 titles?

That has no bearing on LeBron's greatness. They are a better team. If Jordan or Kobe had to play them, they would have lost too.
Actually I think it's quite possible for the Warriors to do that, but common sense tells me that the circle will be broken eventually and once one of the players like Curry or Durant leaves the ranks, the chemistry will change. But LeBron is the one that said that WITH THE MIAMI HEAT HE WOULD WIN, NOT 3, NOT 5 BUT 7 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW. That means he must have thought he was that good.

He wasn't

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I think it's quite possible for the Warriors to do that, but common sense tells me that the circle will be broken eventually and once one of the players like Curry or Durant leaves the ranks, the chemistry will change. But LeBron is the one that said that WITH THE MIAMI HEAT HE WOULD WIN, NOT 3, NOT 5 BUT 7 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW. That means he must have thought he was that good.

He wasn't

You are right about LeBron in Miami. They were talented enough to win every year. Fit didn't work as well.

As for Curry and KD? Those two aren't going anywhere any time soon.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn't

Especially when he had a complete no show in the finals the 1st year in Miami.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right about LeBron in Miami. They were talented enough to win every year. Fit didn't work as well.

If Miami didn't lose to a clearly less talented Dallas team (in 6 games no less and in Miami), the conversation would be a lot different. But of course we can't go back and change time. If LeBron can somehow manage to pull out another win against this Warriors team in the next 2-3 seasons, people's opinion of him will be different. 2015-2016 was a small miracle. Doing it a second time would be truly amazing.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015-2016 was a small miracle. Doing it a second time would be truly amazing.

giphy.gif

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And many of the other journalists on the ESPN talk shows don't know jack about basketball. They are just loud.

Holy shit. I was out in Vegas a few months ago, and my room had a TV in the bathroom, so I figured I'd turn on SportsCenter while I got ready for the day, but being on the west coast, SC was over and it was just a sports talk show with folks like Steven A Smith (I think he was one of them) just yelling at each other. One topic after another, the same thing, they just got louder and louder.

It was stressful to listen to - who the fuck watches that shit?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. I was out in Vegas a few months ago, and my room had a TV in the bathroom, so I figured I'd turn on SportsCenter while I got ready for the day, but being on the west coast, SC was over and it was just a sports talk show with folks like Steven A Smith (I think he was one of them) just yelling at each other. One topic after another, the same thing, they just got louder and louder.

It was stressful to listen to - who the fuck watches that shit?

NBA The Jump can be pretty good. They usually have Amin El Hassan who really knows his stuff and a couple former players on the panel. I also like the in season show with Billups and Tmac. Other than that, they are pretty worthless in terms of content. It boils down to whether you enjoy watching them yell at each other.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should have been stated earlier. Maybe it was and I missed it.

Jordan is a terrible talent evaluator. He drafted Kwame Brown number 1 and Adam Morrison at 3. While I respect the opinion of former players, I am not sure MJ is the guy we should be looking at as if he has the answers.

After all, he did double down in his Kobe comment saying that Bill Russell is the GOAT. That should completely disqualify his opinion.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I think the Warriors are a top three for at least three or four more years

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA The Jump can be pretty good. They usually have Amin El Hassan who really knows his stuff and a couple former players on the panel. I also like the in season show with Billups and Tmac. Other than that, they are pretty worthless in terms of content. It boils down to whether you enjoy watching them yell at each other.

Amin, if I'm correct, used to work in the Suns front office. He's got more insider knowledge than most journalists will ever have on how things work.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, Klay is likely first to go, then Draymond. Depending on what young guys step up (McCaw for Klay? Bell for Draymond?), the Warriors can still compete for titles with Curry and KD, they just won't be a lock like they are the next 2 years (barring major injury).

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the Warriors are a top three for at least three or four more years

2 more for sure. Then Klay's contract is up and they really won't be able to afford him, plus he will likely want to see what he can do away from the Superfriends. He's my favorite Warrior so I'll be sad to see him go, and I'll always root for his teams. Draymond will likely leave the next year for the same reasons.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more for sure. Then Klay's contract is up and they really won't be able to afford him, plus he will likely want to see what he can do away from the Superfriends. He's my favorite Warrior so I'll be sad to see him go, and I'll always root for his teams. Draymond will likely leave the next year for the same reasons.

Well, if Klay or Dray leave, they are still top 3 for sure. As long as they are together, they are far more than top 3.

I am not so sure they go though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Klay or Dray leave, they are still top 3 for sure. As long as they are together, they are far more than top 3.

I just don't see how they don't leave. Both will want a max or close to it deal, and the Warriors are already going to be paying huge luxury tax bills the next 2 years, they won't have the stomach for it. Even if Klay wanted to leave a little on the table (and why should he, he's very underpaid compared to current deals) it wouldn't be enough. Same for Dray.

And that's just the money, after winning 4 titles in 5 years I could see those guys wanting to make a change, maybe Klay goes to LA, or Portland or a new team in Seattle. Maybe Dray goes back to Michigan.

I'm not saying it's impossible one or both stays but it's really unlikely. Yes they can still contend without them, as I said they will then be one of a few teams in the mix not the obvious lock they are now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they can keep their top five players they are practically a lock for the finals for the next five years but how often does that happen.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He wasn't

He's been in 8 straight Finals with two different teams. Uh, yeah, he's that good.

Derp