• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Micah Parsons

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes him look like a total ass IMO
or completely outta touch.

Look...that playoff int was pure rattled. Buckled to Cee Dee Lamb's antics for the football over where the team was in the football game. Real bad thing for a football team.

Fuck it. Dump the QB and keep the real football players. Biggest issue might be keeping the super stars happy year to year.

Coaching and QB play have remained this organizations problem. Maybe Parsons will address this nationally at some point this year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or completely outta touch.

Look...that playoff int was pure rattled. Buckled to Cee Dee Lamb's antics for the football over where the team was in the football game. Real bad thing for a football team.

Fuck it. Dump the QB and keep the real football players. Biggest issue might be keeping the super stars happy year to year.

Coaching and QB play have remained this organizations problem. Maybe Parsons will address this nationally at some point this year.
I now you are being sarcastic, but its not as simple as dump the QB. It's can you win a super bowl paying a guy $55-60M per year when he couldn't win on his rookie contract. When Dak came into the league, he had a prime young/prime Tyron, Fredrick and Martin up front and Zeke in the backfield. Thats 3 HOF caliber players on the OL and the best RB in the game. I think its a fair question.
As to Micah...he is a Diva. But he is a better player than Dak, clearly

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now you are being sarcastic, but its not as simple as dump the QB. It's can you win a super bowl paying a guy $55-60M per year.
No
You can not win paying Dak Prescott 10 to 15 M more per year over the next 5. No Way.

sarcastic would be build a champion with an edge, wide, and a corner.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
You can not win paying Dak Prescott 10 to 15 M more per year over the next 5. No Way.

sarcastic would be build a champion with an edge, wide, and a corner.
Niners have been to a couple of Super Bowls doing something like that

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paying everyone?

gotta pick and choose your guys. NOW THATS the hard part.
True that.
They have chosen not to pay the QB. I think it will be interesting to see if they pay Purdy or cycle/repeat

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that.
They have chosen not to pay the QB. I think it will be interesting to see if they pay Purdy or cycle/repeat
I'd rather be lucky than good.

Purdy has cleaned up the Lance screw up, which was a massive misjudge of talent readyness. Border line cocky.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I now you are being sarcastic, but its not as simple as dump the QB. It's can you win a super bowl paying a guy $55-60M per year when he couldn't win on his rookie contract. When Dak came into the league, he had a prime young/prime Tyron, Fredrick and Martin up front and Zeke in the backfield. Thats 3 HOF caliber players on the OL and the best RB in the game. I think its a fair question.
As to Micah...he is a Diva. But he is a better player than Dak, clearly
It not about the amount of money you pay Dak. It is about feeling if he can lead you to a Superbowl regardless of salary. Is he the right guy? QB is usually the biggest key to getting there, but you also need other pieces. I don't think any QB can quarterback this current team to a Superbowl. Too many holes. Dallas has not had an elite defense since the Superbowl years. Dak had the perfect offense in his rookie year, but what about that defense??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It not about the amount of money you pay Dak. It is about feeling if he can lead you to a Superbowl regardless of salary. Is he the right guy? QB is usually the biggest key to getting there, but you also need other pieces. I don't think any QB can quarterback this current team to a Superbowl. Too many holes. Dallas has not had an elite defense since the Superbowl years. Dak had the perfect offense in his rookie year, but what about that defense??
Can they ever fill those holes with Dak making $55M+?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they ever fill those holes with Dak making $55M+?
It is up to Jerry. Dak is not the cause of Jerry being cheap. Just an excuse. He could clear cap space by signing CD and Micah.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider, I have to wonder why the Jones' don't just bite the bullet and deal with this. He is getting Nick Bosa money plus, plain and simple so negotiating is basically a waste of time. He is their best cornerstone player. I know the Dak situation plays a part but signing Parsons just seems like a no-brainer to me. Fwiw, the Jones always eventually take care of their guys so it will likely get done but it just seems to me that they should have dealt with this sooner rather than later.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider, I have to wonder why the Jones' don't just bite the bullet and deal with this. He is getting Nick Bosa money plus, plain and simple so negotiating is basically a waste of time. He is their best cornerstone player. I know the Dak situation plays a part but signing Parsons just seems like a no-brainer to me. Fwiw, the Jones always eventually take care of their guys so it will likely get done but it just seems to me that they should have dealt with this sooner rather than later.
Jerry always waits too long and obliterates his own cap. Waited too long on Dak the first time. Should have resigned him 7-8 months earlier or traded him, and either would be fine. Instead he cost himself another $6-7M per year and gave him a no franchise, no trade contract, so basically he bent over. Doing it again with Dak, Micah and Lamb. Can't fix stupid

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discussion time...

Micah Parsons is seeking a significant raise and a long-term contract, conditions he feels are essential before he returns to the team activities. His absence from the opening of the Organized Team Activities (OTAs) underscores the seriousness of his demands.

According to Clarence Hill of the Star-Telegram, as reported by ProFootballTalk, “Parsons, the star linebacker who wants a new contract, did not attend the opening of OTAs.” This move signals a clear message to the Cowboys’ management: Parsons is not backing down without a new deal.

What you thinking?
I'm thinking he disappears too often.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Just like zeke?

I am not against breaking the bank for a guy when the contract is up. Why have contracts?
If you sign him now it normally doesn't effect his current contract, yes it will change is option year but 2024/25 won't change as it's his true contract. Of course we can wait until 2026 and then pay him 2 kings ramsons.

As I said IF we're going to resign him pay him now, if the intention is to let him walk or at least test FA Market then wait.

Remember how we waited with Dak? How'd that work out?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. Just like zeke?

I am not against breaking the bank for a guy when the contract is up. Why have contracts?
RB is a short shelf life. You can't compare that as apples to apples