• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Rebuilding - Again

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To circle back to this. WTF is NE doing. A DC running the offense, with a second year qb at the helm. Coupled with the pathetic supporting cast offensively. I say that truthfully. You guys know it. NE has done very little to put supporting pieces in place up there. Blow your money on TE's that you don't use. Your drafted wr's arent good. Your top WR is a converted qb. Don't get me wrong, I really like meyers, but hes a good wr3, a poor wr2, and an awful wr1. Theres not much else there in the receiving corps. Give your guy a chance to succeed.
Mostly agree.
Belichick has a policy of developing coaches. He does not hold them back.
When they all leave at a time when suitable replacements are scarce, you end up with this.
It was a calculated gamble - one that I would not have bet on.
In hindsight - the obvious scenario has occured.
We're on to 2023.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of ifs. Every player in the NFL is an if. You have to roll the dice and have a better backup than Bridgewater. Draft another QB project if you must. Pickets had two concussions and no one says shit. Not to mention everyone else who's had concussions oh sorry it's only Tua. They find out next year just be better prepared.

Armstead I have to disagree. He's helped the team immensely even when he sits. For all we know he's healthier moving forward. We don't know. ..
You just did.

Armstead? If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.
Rebuilding every year of Ross's ownership, and decision by committee

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has now made a consious effort to avoid that after all the grief he received. I haven't seen him doing his meth addict impersination lately.

As much as I dislike his dad hirring him with no expirence and promoted so quickly, he hasn't done a bad job.
Hes done really well imho.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree.
Belichick has a policy of developing coaches. He does not hold them back.
When they all leave at a time when suitable replacements are scarce, you end up with this.
It was a calculated gamble - one that I would not have bet on.
In hindsight - the obvious scenario has occured.
We're on to 2023.....
I thought his philosophy on developing coaches is that as soon as they leave, they fail.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To circle back to this. WTF is NE doing. A DC running the offense, with a second year qb at the helm. Coupled with the pathetic supporting cast offensively. I say that truthfully. You guys know it. NE has done very little to put supporting pieces in place up there. Blow your money on TE's that you don't use. Your drafted wr's arent good. Your top WR is a converted qb. Don't get me wrong, I really like meyers, but hes a good wr3, a poor wr2, and an awful wr1. Theres not much else there in the receiving corps. Give your guy a chance to succeed.
"
Per PFF, he's [ Mac Jones] in the top 15 of quarterbacks in terms of his turnover-worthy play percentage (2.7, 13th). His big-time throw percentage is even better (5.0, 5th). (Big-time throws are defined by PFF as passes with "excellent ball location and timing, generally thrown further down the field and/or into a tighter window.")

For those wondering whether or not Jones is the future at the position in New England, those particular measurements represent real hope. The only other quarterbacks this season in the top 15 in both those categories? It's an impressive lineup: Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Tom Brady and ... Andy Dalton.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that they'll cut all those guys especially Tua. Gesicki will most likely be gone, Obbah after Chubb was resigned, X could be sent packing and possibly Jones as he may not even recover. Out of those guys Gesicki, Ogbah and Jones haven't really contributed much or at all. They'll be adding a lot of good young talent off IR especially in the secondary. Cap can be manipulated as well in case guys like NW have forgotten.
Maybe this guytoo?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outkick's Armando Salguero believes Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel could be fired if Miami doesn't win its Week 18 game vs the Jets.​

With Miami on a five-game losing streak and at risking of missing the playoffs, McDaniel's job has come under question. While it's hard to see McDaniel's getting fired, it wouldn't be surprising to see GM Chris Grier or DC Josh Boyer scapegoated for Miami's late season collapse. The Dolphins have been the center of controversy this season between their handling of QB Tua Tagovailoa's injuries and a still pending lawsuit from ex-coach Brian Flores. Winning in Week 18 and sneaking into the playoffs would ensure McDaniel is back in 2023.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Outkick's Armando Salguero believes Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel could be fired if Miami doesn't win its Week 18 game vs the Jets.​

With Miami on a five-game losing streak and at risking of missing the playoffs, McDaniel's job has come under question. While it's hard to see McDaniel's getting fired, it wouldn't be surprising to see GM Chris Grier or DC Josh Boyer scapegoated for Miami's late season collapse. The Dolphins have been the center of controversy this season between their handling of QB Tua Tagovailoa's injuries and a still pending lawsuit from ex-coach Brian Flores. Winning in Week 18 and sneaking into the playoffs would ensure McDaniel is back in 2023.
Highly doubt it click bait. Can't blame HC for everything here he's been playing with 3 QB's all year and none of them make it through a game. Bridgewater has been a big disappointment. Hoping Thompson can settle in as the backup if not they'll be drafting or snagging someone better.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought his philosophy on developing coaches is that as soon as they leave, they fail.
Well to their defense these coaches don't have TB as QB and same with BB. If Pats lose today, this will be his 7th losing season in 10 seasons w/o Brady

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highly doubt it click bait. Can't blame HC for everything here he's been playing with 3 QB's all year and none of them make it through a game. Bridgewater has been a big disappointment. Hoping Thompson can settle in as the backup if not they'll be drafting or snagging someone better.
The Dolphins: A five-game losing streak surely has created some frayed nerves. The handling of quarterback Tua Tagovailoa‘s concussions could prompt extra scrutiny from owner Stephen Ross. Ross also may be looking to blame someone for the tampering sanctions imposed on the organization for repeatedly trying to land quarterback Tom Brady and, more recently, coach Sean Payton. Could G.M. Chris Grier be on the hot seat? Could first-year coach Mike McDaniel fall under scrutiny for the Tua situation? Could Ross want to complete unfinished business with Brady and/or Payton? Not having a first-round pick due to the tampering situation and trading their other one to the Broncos (who are already flirting with Payton) would complicate any such effort. Regardless, Even with a Week 18, slip-under-the-wire playoff berth, Ross likely won’t be happy with how the season went. We’ve seen what he’s done in the past when he wasn’t happy.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to their defense these coaches don't have TB as QB and same with BB. If Pats lose today, this will be his 7th losing season in 10 seasons w/o Brady
Yes I heard that Sonny it's telling no? Hope you have a Happy New Year! I do appreciate the loss today to get the Fins in thanks for that. Give credit to the pats they fought hard if it weren't for the two return TD's they were in it. Crazy...you don't see that anymore.