• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Rebuilding - Again

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins: A five-game losing streak surely has created some frayed nerves. The handling of quarterback Tua Tagovailoa‘s concussions could prompt extra scrutiny from owner Stephen Ross. Ross also may be looking to blame someone for the tampering sanctions imposed on the organization for repeatedly trying to land quarterback Tom Brady and, more recently, coach Sean Payton. Could G.M. Chris Grier be on the hot seat? Could first-year coach Mike McDaniel fall under scrutiny for the Tua situation? Could Ross want to complete unfinished business with Brady and/or Payton? Not having a first-round pick due to the tampering situation and trading their other one to the Broncos (who are already flirting with Payton) would complicate any such effort. Regardless, Even with a Week 18, slip-under-the-wire playoff berth, Ross likely won’t be happy with how the season went. We’ve seen what he’s done in the past when he wasn’t happy.
Most teams tamper at some point but it never gets out only a rat like Flo let the cat out of the bag. For all we know brady instigated it to save his marriage as his ex wanted Miami I have heard. Better place for her career. As per Payton why? Makes no sense at this point he only won one bowl with Brees better than nothing but not overly impressive. If anything the Fins need to improve DC Boyer needs to go.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I heard that Sonny it's telling no? Hope you have a Happy New Year! I do appreciate the loss today to get the Fins in thanks for that. Give credit to the pats they fought hard if it weren't for the two return TD's they were in it. Crazy...you don't see that anymore.
Thanks FFF and same with you having a Happy New Year. Pats were lucky to be in that position because if Tua was healthy, don't think they would beat the Phins and they wouldn't be on that losing streak. He looked great in the first half vs GB and then with the concussion he threw what 3 picks in 4th Q, Pats are yet to beat him as a QB. Yes I thought NE was gonna get blown out like last year's 30 pt beating but they finally let Mac open up, shame on Patricia and Belichick for that. Best luck in the playoffs!!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks FFF and same with you having a Happy New Year. Pats were lucky to be in that position because if Tua was healthy, don't think they would beat the Phins and they wouldn't be on that losing streak. He looked great in the first half vs GB and then with the concussion he threw what 3 picks in 4th Q, Pats are yet to beat him as a QB. Yes I thought NE was gonna get blown out like last year's 30 pt beating but they finally let Mac open up, shame on Patricia and Belichick for that. Best luck in the playoffs!!
Yes Mac is baffling is it him or the coaching? They sure didn't help the kid with weapons either. The D is still stout though.

I have no doubt that the Fins would have won at least one of those 5 losses with Tua. He was concussed in that 4th qtr we couldn't figure out what happened until the next day. Either way availability rules over ability but they need him as he makes them a lot better. I would still draft another QB early next year or find a better backup to compete even. Not sure if Thompson is that guy but I'm thinking they told him to play it safe and don't throw a pick six like Bridge did against your team.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Mac is baffling is it him or the coaching? They sure didn't help the kid with weapons either. The D is still stout though.

I have no doubt that the Fins would have won at least one of those 5 losses with Tua. He was concussed in that 4th qtr we couldn't figure out what happened until the next day. Either way availability rules over ability but they need him as he makes them a lot better. I would still draft another QB early next year or find a better backup to compete even. Not sure if Thompson is that guy but I'm thinking they told him to play it safe and don't throw a pick six like Bridge did against your team.
It\s 100% the coaching. 3 years ago BB was in-love with Cam Newton and couldn't stop praising him. They draft Mac in the 1st round last season and the kid had a very good first year with McD. McD goes to Vegas as HC and BB brings back his 2 loser friend coaches who sucked at the Giants and Detroit and look how both those teams faired this season with new HC's.. Their play calling was super suspect and pedestrian putting it kindly Throw in all the UnPatriot-like penalties on offense along with pulling Mac, replacing him with Zappe, then when Zappe sucks, he put Mac back in ruining the kid's confidence, and that is the most important thing for a QB. When media asked BB if Mac would be the starter once he was healed, he wouldn't answer the question, yet he used to blow Cam on a nightly basis, prob thinking he was getting under TB's skin, but he paid no heed and won a SB with Tampa. BB is a thick headed narcissist, plain and simple. There is an old saying" if you have 2Qb's, you have none" You only replace your no#1 if they are injured

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Miami fans.

Tough loss for NE after a rough year with lots of questions and playing an emotional Buffalo team. Minus the ST hiccups it was one of NEs better games. The D wasn't stellar but was good enough against a very good Buffalo offense.

Looking forward to the 23/24 season already. I think we see a totally different team.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It\s 100% the coaching. 3 years ago BB was in-love with Cam Newton and couldn't stop praising him. They draft Mac in the 1st round last season and the kid had a very good first year with McD. McD goes to Vegas as HC and BB brings back his 2 loser friend coaches who sucked at the Giants and Detroit and look how both those teams faired this season with new HC's.. Their play calling was super suspect and pedestrian putting it kindly Throw in all the UnPatriot-like penalties on offense along with pulling Mac, replacing him with Zappe, then when Zappe sucks, he put Mac back in ruining the kid's confidence, and that is the most important thing for a QB. When media asked BB if Mac would be the starter once he was healed, he wouldn't answer the question, yet he used to blow Cam on a nightly basis, prob thinking he was getting under TB's skin, but he paid no heed and won a SB with Tampa. BB is a thick headed narcissist, plain and simple. There is an old saying" if you have 2Qb's, you have none" You only replace your no#1 if they are injured
Yes agreed it messes with young QB's. I think it's ok to have a good backup but he should be the backup! I'm actually hoping that the Fins improve in that area as Bridgewater was not great biggest problem is that he couldn't finish a game. Not a good combo with your starter out with concussions. I honestly believe that the Fins and pats will both improve next year. Until the Jets at least find their QB they'll have tough sledding.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Miami fans.

Tough loss for NE after a rough year with lots of questions and playing an emotional Buffalo team. Minus the ST hiccups it was one of NEs better games. The D wasn't stellar but was good enough against a very good Buffalo offense.

Looking forward to the 23/24 season already. I think we see a totally different team.
Those kick returns were strange I don't get why they kept kicking to them? Fins do that as well makes no sense at all. Otherwise that game was closer than the score.

Buf looked beatable but won't happen unless Tua comes back and plays well. Just so many injuries at the worst of positions...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those kick returns were strange I don't get why they kept kicking to them? Fins do that as well makes no sense at all. Otherwise that game was closer than the score.

Buf looked beatable but won't happen unless Tua comes back and plays well. Just so many injuries at the worst of positions...
Not making any excuses but one of their leading ST guys was out. Plus the kicking has been bad all year.

They did try to kick away after the 2nd return. It went OB like most of my golf shots. Buf got it on the 40 and scored.

Bad bad day for STs not to show up.

Mac had a couple bad decisions and missed on some easy throws that also added to the defeat.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes agreed it messes with young QB's. I think it's ok to have a good backup but he should be the backup! I'm actually hoping that the Fins improve in that area as Bridgewater was not great biggest problem is that he couldn't finish a game. Not a good combo with your starter out with concussions. I honestly believe that the Fins and pats will both improve next year. Until the Jets at least find their QB they'll have tough sledding.
He basically blamed the season on Mac and Kraft not spending enough. " He could be a starter in this league" what is he a prospect?? He drafted him in the first round and has been your starter for the last 2 seasons. POS knows it was his 2 jerkoff friends of Patricia and Judge that ruined the kid. Mac came from a great coached team in Bama where he wins a Nat'll championship team and throws for like 50 tds and comes here, ok last season with Josh but then the clown show comes to town. As far as Kraft not spending any money, last season he spent 170 mill in FA because the shitty GM can't draft. He grabs 2 TEs Smith and Hunter and WR Agholar and for the 100+ mill, they do jackshit, He pissed away Bob's money along with his 20 mill salary, I hope he gets blown out, weak ass excuse maker

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavien Howard got beat badly non that 54 yard bomb.
He can't keep up! Only $33 million dead money if they cut him today.....
Miami got some decisions to make!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way they get rid of him.
33 mil dead money in one hand.
11 mil cap hit next year in the other.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they just run his corpse out there?
Dr Steve Brule Yes GIF

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u were saying

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Allen fumble, lucky to recover Bills. Punt.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those delay of game's were strange and a little unprofessional :2cents:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami fans, regardless of how this goes you can be proud of this effort by your guys.
Tough when it was close in the end but I really can't complain they were severely banged up and made a game of it. Rookie QB came out nervous and under pressure but settled down a bit. Apparently MM said he was told first down on that 4th and 1. He was sure if refs or in headset but had wrong personnel out. He should have just left them and did QB sneak I guess something to learn he a rookie too.

Not worried about X southie he has been banged up too and was left on an island on that diggs play. Picked another off later on but you can see he's not full speed. Need to retool in the offseason and I expect better next season. Playoff experience will help this young team and hopefully they heal up and don't get hit as bad in the key positions.