• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins Rebuilding - Again

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know the Fins by now anything is possible. Personally I think they have the worst training staff in history or bad luck combined. Bridge is the backup and hasn't played a full game!

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of looking like the Steelers might jump over both these teams next week for the final spot. A month ago, people would have laughed hysterically at that thought.
I thought awhile back ago the Steelers could still make it to 9-8 & keep Tomlins streak alive. I just didnt think that would be good enough to make the playoffs for the AFC back then.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We used to have cow towns in California.
Cows are illegal there now......
My home town is San Luis Obispo. a cow town back then
It is still a great place to live if you can ignore the folks that came from LA and SF - but I remember how it used to be.....
No shit....I went to one of son's wedding in San Luis Obispo 5 years ago. Marriage lasted 17 months and he got his ass back to Texas.
I remember this crazy old ass bar in what I think was downtown San Luis Obispo. We were there the night before the wedding and all locals kept talking about the bar being on television shows for all the paranormal stuff. I don't know about all that, but I did almost get arrested for peeing outside the backdoor cause the restroom served only two. Who knew a San Luis Obispo cop car was parked out back for such activity? Lucky for me I guess, the bride's family had lived there a long time and her Dad kept me from seeing the drunk tank. LOL

Very pretty location,

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit....I went to one of son's wedding in San Luis Obispo 5 years ago. Marriage lasted 17 months and he got his ass back to Texas.
I remember this crazy old ass bar in what I think was downtown San Luis Obispo. We were there the night before the wedding and all locals kept talking about the bar being on television shows for all the paranormal stuff. I don't know about all that, but I did almost get arrested for peeing outside the backdoor cause the restroom served only two. Who knew a San Luis Obispo cop car was parked out back for such activity? Lucky for me I guess, the bride's family had lived there a long time and her Dad kept me from seeing the drunk tank. LOL

Very pretty location,
It used to be prettier.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think TB12 will be the Dolphins' QB in 2023??

Think Ross will reoffer 10% of the franchise?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Most Fin fans didn't think this was the big push". What?

Miami and their fans were all in for this year. Limited picks in the upcoming 23 draft. Hurt themself even more because of their cheating. Lost tbat important 1st rounder. About 25 players who will be FAs on a team with limited depth already. $235k against the cap leaving little to explore FA. Tua may never play again.
He certainly needs to think seriously about his future. Did Waddle or Hill even play today? Damn can't get that kind of coin and not show up for games with your playoff life on the line. Against the NE beat up secondary if we're going to use the injury card.
If you spoke to most Fin fans they were only hoping for playoffs and maybe winning a round that's about it. You never know if you get in but most are realistic.

They will have plenty of cap . For instance they paid Byron Jones all year and he hasn't even suited up. Massive injuries you think patsies have it bad go look at the Fins injuries this year. Secondary had top 3 CB's out possibly 4 and SS out. Even Holland missed time in the game. Both LT and RT out plus backups. Played with 3rd string QB again as Bridge can't even make it through a game. I can keep going...

Tua will play maybe even this year if they make it in. Pickett has had two concussions this year and know says shit about him. Of course he'll have to learn to fall properly. I wouldn't even be upset if he sits this year.

Tough to get the ball downfield when your QB can't make it through a game. Thompson is still learning but I'd go with him next year unless a better vets out there for a good price. This whole teams different with those CB's back will be huge next year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you spoke to most Fin fans they were only hoping for playoffs and maybe winning a round that's about it. You never know if you get in but most are realistic.

They will have plenty of cap . For instance they paid Byron Jones all year and he hasn't even suited up. Massive injuries you think patsies have it bad go look at the Fins injuries this year. Secondary had top 3 CB's out possibly 4 and SS out. Even Holland missed time in the game. Both LT and RT out plus backups. Played with 3rd string QB again as Bridge can't even make it through a game. I can keep going...

Tua will play maybe even this year if they make it in. Pickett has had two concussions this year and know says shit about him. Of course he'll have to learn to fall properly. I wouldn't even be upset if he sits this year.

Tough to get the ball downfield when your QB can't make it through a game. Thompson is still learning but I'd go with him next year unless a better vets out there for a good price. This whole teams different with those CB's back will be huge next year.
The Kool Aid is strong where you live.

Let's stick to one topic and see if you can keep up? More than that seems to be too much for you.

We'll start with an easy one. Please explain how they will have plenty of cap next year? You're already over the projected $220M cap for 2023.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't just take my word for it.

I can't wait to hear how you will explain that Mia will have plenty of cap space.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't just take my word for it.

I can't wait to hear how you will explain that Mia will have plenty of cap space.
Definitely not plenty but with a handful of moves, they will be below the cap pretty easily. According to Spotrac, they are now just shy of $7 mil over but looking at the roster, they can get on the plus side just cutting 2 or 3 guys that aren't doing much for them anyway. The problem is they need to figure out the QB situation. What to do with Tua and what does he decide. 3 serious concussions is not good. And before FinFan denies it, the medical report from the Buffalo game was the most blatant BS ever. He hurt his lower back when the concussion caused him to stumble and fall down. Anyone with eyesight and half a brain can see that. The league and the PA denying it just shows they are complicit in the cover up.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely not plenty but with a handful of moves, they will be below the cap pretty easily. According to Spotrac, they are now just shy of $7 mil over but looking at the roster, they can get on the plus side just cutting 2 or 3 guys that aren't doing much for them anyway. The problem is they need to figure out the QB situation. What to do with Tua and what does he decide. 3 serious concussions is not good. And before FinFan denies it, the medical report from the Buffalo game was the most blatant BS ever. He hurt his lower back when the concussion caused him to stumble and fall down. Anyone with eyesight and half a brain can see that. The league and the PA denying it just shows they are complicit in the cover up.
Other teams will have $60M including the Pats somewhere in the mid $50M range. They won't be competitive in FA. They went all in and lost. It only gets worse the year after as new contracts will be coming due.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy,
Cut Ogbah save $21 million
Cut Xavien Holland save $33 million
Cut Tua save $9.6 million
Cut Jerome Baker, save $$9 million
Cut Byron Jones save $15 million
Cut Conner Williams save $3.8 million
Cut Terron Armstead save 28.6 million!

That's a lot of available money for players not currently contributing
Hire a bunch of journeymen players ate league minimum - you've got the Dolphins every year that Ross has been owner!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy,

Hire a bunch of journeymen players ate league minimum - you've got the Dolphins every year that Ross has been owner!
I wouldn't say that they'll cut all those guys especially Tua. Gesicki will most likely be gone, Obbah after Chubb was resigned, X could be sent packing and possibly Jones as he may not even recover. Out of those guys Gesicki, Ogbah and Jones haven't really contributed much or at all. They'll be adding a lot of good young talent off IR especially in the secondary. Cap can be manipulated as well in case guys like NW have forgotten.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say that they'll cut all those guys especially Tua. Gesicki will most likely be gone, Obbah after Chubb was resigned, X could be sent packing and possibly Jones as he may not even recover. Out of those guys Gesicki, Ogbah and Jones haven't really contributed much or at all. They'll be adding a lot of good young talent off IR especially in the secondary. Cap can be manipulated as well in case guys like NW have forgotten.
Shit, I forgot Gesecki. Course he's been scheduled to pack all season. Can't block a lick!
I'm not suggesting that they send all of them packing but there is easy money there!
X is a big target because of his contract. He might hasten his departure if he asks to redo his contract again - after not earning his pay this year.
Armstead is not worth his contract.
I wish Tua well but his career is in jeopardy - and not by performance!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I forgot Gesecki. Course he's been scheduled to pack all season. Can't block a lick!
I'm not suggesting that they send all of them packing but there is easy money there!
X is a big target because of his contract. He might hasten his departure if he asks to redo his contract again - after not earning his pay this year.
Armstead is not worth his contract.
I wish Tua well but his career is in jeopardy - and not by performance!
Bottom line is that they don't use Gesicki enough for his salary so he'll be gone.

I disagree with Armstead as he gutted it out most of the season and made a huge difference. When he's in the whole lines better even if its part time.

Tua is a ? but he's young and can fight through this. We at least know he can play that was the goal this year. Either way I keep saying one QB is not enough these days always best to keep drafting. Bridge is def not the answer he can't make it through games even as a backup.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy,

You can't continue to turn over a large % of your team every year and expect good results. Miami will continue to Miami.