• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A look into what to expect out of a McDaniel/Smith led offense . It would seem like an emphasizes on the run and time of possession will be brought to Miami — that automatically makes pass-happy terrible Tua the wrong guy for the job at QB — even more so than ever before . It’s time for the dolphins to find their franchise QB and the right one to run the scheme that the HC/OC prefers .

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will benefit Tua because he will have a more balance with a running game. He was working with the 30th ranked run game last year.

More good coaches are being added to the Fins. It's a very good group of coaches. McDaniel is already making an impact. Let's go Dolphins!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HC: Mike McDaniel
OC: Frank Smith
DC: Josh Boyer
ST: Danny Crossman

QB: Darrell Bevell
AHC/TE: Jon Embree
WR: Wes Welker
RB: Eric Studesville
OL: Matt Applebaum

CB: Charles Burks
LB: Anthony Campanile
OLB: Tyrone McKenzie
DL: Austin Clark

Staff so far

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense will benefit Tua because he will have a more balance with a running game. He was working with the 30th ranked run game last year.

More good coaches are being added to the Fins. It's a very good group of coaches. McDaniel is already making an impact. Let's go Dolphins!
Terrible Tua hates balance — he wants to throw it on every play.

Oh , by the way , props to Joey B and the Bengals even in defeat . Joey B already appeared in more Super Bowls than terrible Tua ever will .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That and they have a lot of cap space to work with to fix the glaring holes.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible Tua hates balance — he wants to throw it on every play.

Oh , by the way , props to Joey B and the Bengals even in defeat . Joey B already appeared in more Super Bowls than terrible Tua ever will .
Where do you get that info link please? If anything the guy wants the team to succeed and everyone knows that you need a run game to balance things out.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have added QB Chris Streveler. I am wondering if we will see a few Taysom Hill plays from him. He is very athletic and he has a creative coach.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have added QB Chris Streveler. I am wondering if we will see a few Taysom Hill plays from him. He is very athletic and he has a creative coach.
Clearly, the Dolphins new regime is beginning the search for the quarterback of the future for this franchise . They understand it is a crucial aspect of any future success they will have here .

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything more of a short yardage QB. Unless he's dramatically improved his passing skills he's more of a runner. Either way he can be an asset if used properly. Paolo he's not better than Tua so please relax haha!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins don't have to have Watson to win. Football is a team sport. I think with the resources that it would have cost to get him the Fins would have had about the same amount of success that the Texans had when he played for them.

The Fins are about to improve the offense big time. The guys that have been added are very good coaches. That makes a difference. I see an emphasis on the Oline and running game with the background of multiple coaches. Also, the individual strengths of the skill players will be better utilized. That's what we are going to see. McDaniel has been working towards this his whole career. I think even he is pleasantly surprised with the quality of his first year staff. I was thinking that by midseason the offense could be much better. I could be wrong. It could be sooner.

On defense there is continuity but also some key staff additions have been added.

I am looking forward to seeing how the team approaches free agency and the draft as they transform the team into a contender.

Last edited:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins don't have to have Watson to win. Football is a team sport. I think with the resources that it would have cost to get him the Fins would have had about the same amount of success that the Texans had when he played for them.

The Fins are about to improve the offense big time. The guys that have been added are very good coaches. That makes a difference. I see an emphasis on the Oline and running game with the background of multiple coaches. Also, the individual strengths of the skill players will be better utilized. That's what we are going to see. McDaniel has been working towards this his whole career. I think even he is pleasantly surprised with the quality of his first year staff. I was thinking that by midseason the offense could be much better. I could be wrong. It could be sooner.

On defense there is continuity but also some key staff additions have been added.

I am looking forward to seeing how the team approaches free agency and the draft as they transform the team into a contender.
I was never in favor of the Fins dealing for Watson, too much potential legal issues and baggage. Plus it would hamper them from get players they need in other positions.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never in favor of the Fins dealing for Watson, too much potential legal issues and baggage. Plus it would hamper them from get players they need in other positions.

Agreed, Watson is due 35 million this year. That money will be used on FA additions or contract extensions for current players. The Texans or another team can have him and his baggage.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL draft can be so unpredictable because of free agency. What I am thinking is add a couple of veterans to the Oline. Robert Hunt has earned a spot for sure. I think Eichenburg is better than he played. He was moved around too much as a rookie. He may have played better focusing on one position.

If the Fins can't solidify the Oline in free agency they may need to draft a talent like center early.

Unless they pick an olineman I would probably pick a RB with the first pick. A player like Walker will probably be there at 29.

In the second round I would pick the best available WR. There is good depth and talent at the position. There is more speed with the group than usual. The Fins have fast guys that are often injured. They need someone that they can count on to pair with Waddle.

Hopefully the Fins can sign Ogbah to an extension, otherwise, DE becomes a higher need this off-season.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gesicki got the franchise tag. It's a good move. He has a good rapport with Tua and he has a chance to prove he works well with the new offense.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that the Panthers are listening to offers for Christian McCaffrey. They’re wanting a first and another player thats low salaried. Think that the Dolphins should go for it since they have two firsts next year?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that the Panthers are listening to offers for Christian McCaffrey. They’re wanting a first and another player thats low salaried. Think that the Dolphins should go for it since they have two firsts next year?

I wouldn't make the trade. McCaffrey is a superstar, however, he's got an injury history already. I would rather save the assets and draft one of the top RBs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would absolutely do it - if what you say is accurate.

Edit: I just checked his contract numbers!

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Fisher will hit FA. He may be a suitable OT without spending big money.