• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to see 2 young RBs drafted before the 5th round with Duke retained for 1 more year, as long as we sign some decent starting OL.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d like to see 2 young RBs drafted before the 5th round with Duke retained for 1 more year, as long as we sign some decent starting OL.
I like Duke a lot. I think they should sign him for 2 to 3 years. They need another RB that runs with power like him. The other RBs are better at pass catching and playing in space. Doaks was protected from poaching all year but we never saw him much. He could be productive but he's more of an unknown at this point.

I am thinking one more RB picked earlier than usual in the draft may be all that they need. With better run blocking from the oline any RB will be better. McDaniels led an offense that was one of the best in the NFL at running the ball. They are disciplined, tough, and creative in their run schemes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Duke a lot. I think they should sign him for 2 to 3 years. They need another RB that runs with power like him. The other RBs are better at pass catching and playing in space. Doaks was protected from poaching all year but we never saw him much. He could be productive but he's more of an unknown at this point.

I am thinking one more RB picked earlier than usual in the draft may be all that they need. With better run blocking from the oline any RB will be better. McDaniels led an offense that was one of the best in the NFL at running the ball. They are disciplined, tough, and creative in their run schemes.
I think that McDaniels is likely gone.

Ross will make it hard to sign an experienced head coach.
The "decision by committee" (meddling) will handcuff a new head coach.
I think Ross has already decided on Harbaugh?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that McDaniels is likely gone.

Ross will make it hard to sign an experienced head coach.
The "decision by committee" (meddling) will handcuff a new head coach.
I think Ross has already decided on Harbaugh?
I feel like if it was Harbaugh, it already would’ve happened. I haven’t even seen any reports about him being interviewed. I guess they can always try Bieniemy if McDaniels doesn’t want it? :noidea:

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels typically has good RB depth.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels typically has good RB depth.
That's true. I am thinking if they add a top tier RB, then after he gets acclimated the depth chart could be 1) 2022 draft pick 2) Duke 3) Gaskin 4) Ahmed 5) could be either Lindsay or Doaks. That said, if they see another great talent later in the draft that is an upgrade it could be worth it to add him.

Duke had some games with over 100 yards. We don't see that a lot with the Fins. As long as he's healthy he should share the load. Gaskin and Ahmed bring speed and pass catching ability. Keeping two of them gives depth. They are interchangeable with their strengths.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true. I am thinking if they add a top tier RB, then after he gets acclimated the depth chart could be 1) 2022 draft pick 2) Duke 3) Gaskin 4) Ahmed 5) could be either Lindsay or Doaks. That said, if they see another great talent later in the draft that is an upgrade it could be worth it to add him.

Duke had some games with over 100 yards. We don't see that a lot with the Fins. As long as he's healthy he should share the load. Gaskin and Ahmed bring speed and pass catching ability. Keeping two of them gives depth. They are interchangeable with their strengths.
I don’t see a need for Ahmed to be kept around. Gaskin might be more of a pass-catching back with some specific set of plays at this point. Maybe play in the slot sometimes? Better RBs can take the handoffs.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if it was Harbaugh, it already would’ve happened. I haven’t even seen any reports about him being interviewed. I guess they can always try Bieniemy if McDaniels doesn’t want it? :noidea:
If they are firing a black coach and already had a white replacement set up, it would not be a good look.
If they plan on hiring Harbaugh, the announcement will have to wait awhile.

The reporters "hit pieces" are already written. They are just waiting for the announcement to drop.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh McDaniels off the board as he goes to the Raiders .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think that the new HC will not be able to pick a different QB from a draft in the future or through free agency if he decides to?
That's a national media narrative that is ridiculous. Ross and Grier want to win too. It's obvious that these guys are trying. It's not easy to win. Look at what happened to the Pats. They have one of the best defensive HCs in NFL history and the Bills scored 7 straight TDs against them. One more win and the Fins would have got that but kicking instead of the Pats.

Alot of Fins fans seem to think that the sky is falling right now. I think if the team improves the offense (which should happen) they will be more competitive. The Fins have the most salary cap space and drafted well last year. There is a lot of young talent on the team. I am willing to be objective about the future and give the new coach and his staff a chance.
It has already been said that basically the next HC must believe Terrible Tua is the QB of the future in order to get the job . People talk about the Dolphins cap space abs draft capital— you would think that would make the job desirable , right ? The problem is no HC wants to have to commit to supporting Terrible Tua for the job . This is the reason why we have seen a couple of jobs fill up already while the Dolphins are still waiting . The likelihood of the Dolphins being able to get one of their top choices at HC is becoming slim by the day given the demands they have . They will have to settle for sloppy seconds or thirds at this point.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats could have been…

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As if we needed more proof the Dolphins made the wrong decisions at quarterback— Joey B to the SB and Terrible Tua is home in his fruity flip flops getting a pedicure.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins offered 3 first round picks for Burrow. That was a great offer. The Bengals chose to keep their hometown talent. The Fins gave it their best try to land him.

The Fins erred by not choosing Herbert. Unlike you though I am an objective fan. Tua has a winning record against the Pats and overall. He is good but hasn't been great. You act like his play has been garbage. I think your hate says more about you as a person than him.

RE the pedicure: Tua showed a lot of toughness to come back from hip surgery. He is a classy, hard working, winning QB. I am glad that I am not as negative as you about the starting QB. Do you even enjoy following the team?

You make this forum less enjoyable. Give the Tua criticism a break. He will either take another step in his career as a winning QB or they will replace him at some point.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joey B to the super bowl — terrible Tua still on his couch in his flip flops . More proof the Dolphins got it completely wrong.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins offered 3 first round picks for Burrow. That was a great offer. The Bengals chose to keep their hometown talent. The Fins gave it their best try to land him.

The Fins erred by not choosing Herbert. Unlike you though I am an objective fan. Tua has a winning record against the Pats and overall. He is good but hasn't been great. You act like his play has been garbage. I think your hate says more about you as a person than him.

RE the pedicure: Tua showed a lot of toughness to come back from hip surgery. He is a classy, hard working, winning QB. I am glad that I am not as negative as you about the starting QB. Do you even enjoy following the team?

You make this forum less enjoyable. Give the Tua criticism a break. He will either take another step in his career as a winning QB or they will replace him at some point.
That “ tough” “classy” “hard-working ,winning QB” has failed to lead this team to accomplish anything of significance in his first two seasons . An absolute bust .

No rookie of the year , no mvp, no offensive player of the year — more importantly , no SB — bust .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to post but I think it's best to ignore the hate. I can only tolerate so much negativity.

Have a great day all.

Last edited:

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will inject something here. Stafford was on market last season, if Fins got him last year, would they be in Super Bowl this year?? Answer is no, Stafford went from a team maybe a bit worse than Miami to a team that has talent on both sides of the ball. Miami has many needs other than a QB. There has been numerous bad decisions by the people putting this team together.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that McDaniel has a black father. He is a minority. I also read a different article about Pierre Garcon's positive experience with him. He said that he communicates well with players and is respected. I am thinking McDaniel could be the right guy at the right time. He puts players in positions to succeed. He is bright and creative and could bring healing to a hurting organization.

Whatever a person thinks about Flores and Ross' issues it isn't the fans or players fault. It also won't be the new coaches fault. I respect that Flores didn't want to lose a game and neither did the players.

Tanking has been a part of the game for a long time. Owners long for a franchise QB. Look at the impact Burrow has brought to the Bengals. He is the only player that I have ever compared to Brady.

If it's proven that Ross offered Flores money to lose I think it shows that Ross trusted him and was idiotic for offering because Flores has too much integrity to lose even fora ridiculously generous offer. I respect that.

I don't think Ross was involved in gambling. He's already a billionaire. He just wanted a franchise altering QB.

As a fan of the NFL and my local team I hope that the issue gets resolved soon and fairly. The NFL could institute a form of the lottery like the NBA. That may discourage what we see yearly with the worst teams.

The black coach that I have the most empathy for is David Culley of the Texans. He was hired into a terrible no win position and then fired after 1 year. That's about as bad as it gets but that story is getting a lot less publicity now.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read today that McDaniel has a black father. He is a minority. I also read a different article about Pierre Garcon's positive experience with him. He said that he communicates well with players and is respected. I am thinking McDaniel could be the right guy at the right time. He puts players in positions to succeed. He is bright and creative and could bring healing to a hurting organization.

Whatever a person thinks about Flores and Ross' issues it isn't the fans or players fault. It also won't be the new coaches fault. I respect that Flores didn't want to lose a game and neither did the players.

Tanking has been a part of the game for a long time. Owners long for a franchise QB. Look at the impact Burrow has brought to the Bengals. He is the only player that I have ever compared to Brady.

If it's proven that Ross offered Flores money to lose I think it shows that Ross trusted him and was idiotic for offering because Flores has too much integrity to lose even fora ridiculously generous offer. I respect that.

I don't think Ross was involved in gambling. He's already a billionaire. He just wanted a franchise altering QB.

As a fan of the NFL and my local team I hope that the issue gets resolved soon and fairly. The NFL could institute a form of the lottery like the NBA. That may discourage what we see yearly with the worst teams.

The black coach that I have the most empathy for is David Culley of the Texans. He was hired into a terrible no win position and then fired after 1 year. That's about as bad as it gets but that story is getting a lot less publicity now.
I'm afraid nothing short of Ross selling the team will fix this situation.
Your loyalty to your team speaks volumes. I wish you well.