• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find ironic and sad is that Ross is involved in a minority lawsuit when he has been the only owner with both a minority GM and minorty HC in recent years. There has been nothing racist about him from what I have seen. I see a generous man who has given back to the S. Florida community through his benevolent work for under privileged people among other causes.

If his offer to Flores to tank is proven to be true it's a separate issue in my mind than the minority hiring practices in the NFL. I am thinking he would have kept Flores for many years like he has kept Grier on his staff if these guys could have worked well together. That said, I understand Flores not wanting to lose even in the short term but Ross wanted him for his coach and would have been loyal to him.

As I previously mentioned a draft lottery could solve this issue. Mike Florio may have the best idea. Institute a draft for the18 teams that don't make the playoffs. The NFL risks this happening again in the future with other teams if they don't make a change. I understand that a draft change could affect the parity of the NFL but at least the issue would be resolved.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McDaniel on the verge of becoming the Dolphins future former HC.

For one , I think it’s a lot of whining from Flores with this lawsuit — no surprising he brings this stuff up AFTER he gets fired and is yet to be hired — which may not even happen at this point .

That said , can’t be mad with Flores about practically being bribed to lose — all it led to is the Dolphins to have a high draft pick only to have it be wasted on the biggest bust in franchise history. The only thing that the losing led to was an inept , fragile , overrated QB that cost him his job . Flores should direct his anger and lawsuit to the rightful person — terrible Tua — that’s who cost him his job .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s now official . His career is officially ruined .

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find ironic and sad is that Ross is involved in a minority lawsuit when he has been the only owner with both a minority GM and minorty HC in recent years. There has been nothing racist about him from what I have seen. I see a generous man who has given back to the S. Florida community through his benevolent work for under privileged people among other causes.

If his offer to Flores to tank is proven to be true it's a separate issue in my mind than the minority hiring practices in the NFL. I am thinking he would have kept Flores for many years like he has kept Grier on his staff if these guys could have worked well together. That said, I understand Flores not wanting to lose even in the short term but Ross wanted him for his coach and would have been loyal to him.

As I previously mentioned a draft lottery could solve this issue. Mike Florio may have the best idea. Institute a draft for the18 teams that don't make the playoffs. The NFL risks this happening again in the future with other teams if they don't make a change. I understand that a draft change could affect the parity of the NFL but at least the issue would be resolved.
I believe you are correct about Ross. I don't believe he is racist on purpose.
Flores complaint is actually about systemic racism.
Attorneys cast a broad net.

The throwing games is another matter. Billionaires sometimes break rules to get what they want.
Their will be talk about "he could get a prison sentence" No way. You don't throw Billionaires in prison for "bending rules.
Did Kraft go to jail after all that talk?
Flores rightfully wants change.

Americans wanted change when they voted for Obama, did they get what they hoped for?
I'm fully in Flores court on this because he is a man of integrity and doing what he thinks is right - possibly at great cost to himself.
I truly hope the change that he gets is real change and not more NFL grandstanding.

Congratulations on your new Coach. I know little about him and that is probably a good thing!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to seeing what McDaniel can do. I think that he will improve the offense within a couple of years. He brings out the best in his players. There will be some guys having very good seasons with his game planning based upon his history as a coach. The quicker they learn his system the sooner they progress. I am thinking by mid-season the offense will be formidable.

The defense has the talent to be good again this year. They could give the team a chance to win early. They will probably have less of an adjustment. I would sign Ogbah to another contract.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am looking forward to seeing what McDaniel can do. I think that he will improve the offense within a couple of years. He brings out the best in his players. There will be some guys having very good seasons with his game planning based upon his history as a coach. The quicker they learn his system the sooner they progress. I am thinking by mid-season the offense will be formidable.

The defense has the talent to be good again this year. They could give the team a chance to win early. They will probably have less of an adjustment. I would sign Ogbah to another contract.
Doesn’t he also want to keep some of the defensive staff as well? That’d be a smart move in my opinion since they finished 8-1 over the last nine games and only had that Titans game as the lone really bad performance during that stretch. Also interested in seeing how he deals with Tua as that’ll probably be what’s going to be focused on by the majority of everyone.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t he also want to keep some of the defensive staff as well? That’d be a smart move in my opinion since they finished 8-1 over the last nine games and only had that Titans game as the lone really bad performance during that stretch. Also interested in seeing how he deals with Tua as that’ll probably be what’s going to be focused on by the majority of everyone.

I agree on keeping some if not all the defensive coaches as a good option for the team.

RE Tua: Good coaches have confidence that they can bring out the best in their players. Tua will get better as the whole offense improves particularly the running game.

I am wondering if Guard Laken Tomlinson is on their radar. He played with McDaniel at the 49ers. He knows the blocking system. The Fins have the money to make it happen.

The 49ers also has UFA RBs. The Fins could add one of them although they may draft one earlier than usual this year instead.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the McDaniel press conference. He seems genuine. Players will see that he has their best interest in mind. I think that he will develop the talent of the players. McDaniel seems like a smart guy. I am glad that he will be calling plays for the offense. He should be prepared from his time working closely with Kyle Shanahan. It's obvious that McDaniel has a passion for the game. He knows that it will take a team effort. I can see him getting buy in from the players.

RE the structure: Grier will be McDaniel's boss and will support his vision for the team with personnel decisions. Hiring McDaniel could work.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The McDaniel honeymoon will be over in week one of … camp when he realizes the bum he has at QB that even he can’t fix

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Boyer will stay as DC

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniel also bringing back the DL coach , LB coach ,CB coach , ST coach .

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Boyer will stay as DC
I like the decision to keep him on staff. There has been way too many unessary changes in the past.

I am seeing good coaches joining the staff to coach with McDaniel. That's a good sign. I am thinking coaches will be more likely to stay. Flores had way too much turnover and guys weren't leaving for promotions.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes sense for him to retain the defensive coaches — it is the unit that carried this team the entire season anyway — and will have to again unless they find a quarterback.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins added another good coach. Matt Applebaum will coach the offensive line. He led one of the top olines last year at BC. Go Fins!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who will be the new owner?

You guys should have a party!

Not sure about the Dolphins but if Snyder is removed, it wouldn’t shock me to see Bezos interested in the Commanders since he already owns the Washington Post.