• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Dolphins 2022 Off-Season Thread

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a number if good candidates. It doesn't have to be Joseph. Pederson could be a good choice. He has experience as a HC and would probably bring in good coaches.

The Fins have a history of bringing in first time HCs. I think that takes more time to improve and develop. That's why I don't mind "retreads" when they bring in experienced/ proven coaches.

Joseph is similar to Flores in that he has led great defenses. The Fins could still choose a coach with a defensive background if he has a good OC and Oline coach & picks/retains other coaches well. With a HC hire the supporting coaches are very important.

The new HC may choose to keep Boyer and other coaches That would mean continuity and less change for the players.

If the Fins decide to pick a first time HC, Brian Daboll or Eric Bieniemy could be solid choices.

The Fins will be in a great position with their salary cap in 2022. They already have some good young talent that are developing. They need to keep and add the right veterans.
OC's and O-line coaches are at a premium right now. They are hard to find!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this was added already , but Mike McDaniel of Denver is a name on the list as well . Pep Hamilton and Anthony Lynn are long shots on the list .

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen Moore is my first choice. I hope we retain RPO stuff going forward.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellen Moore is my first choice. I hope we retain RPO stuff going forward.

I read recently that Moore could get a promotion if Dallas is 1 and done in the playoffs.

Another option to improve the offense is Mike McDaniels of the 49ers. He would put the run in the run pass option.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another playoff-less season for Terrible Tua-led Dolphins . The off-season begins .
“Tua will be on [his] third system in three years, third coordinator in three years, third voice in three years. He’s gonna have to be an outlier and overcome some serious odds if he is gonna become good in the NFL.”

NBC analyst and former NFL coach Tony Dungy, responding to Orlovsky’s tweet, added: “That is the perfect formula for failure for highly drafted QBs."

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Tua will be on [his] third system in three years, third coordinator in three years, third voice in three years. He’s gonna have to be an outlier and overcome some serious odds if he is gonna become good in the NFL.”

NBC analyst and former NFL coach Tony Dungy, responding to Orlovsky’s tweet, added: “That is the perfect formula for failure for highly drafted QBs."
More excuses for Terrible Tua

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Quinn expected to interview for Dolphins HC job .

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like at least someone on the team sees the truth about Terrible Tua — in fact , I’m confident many do — just one was willing to say it . I have an idea of who the player is — the only hint I can give is that it is a recently drafted rookie on defense .

The Dolphins have made a costly mistake by announcing that they want their next HC to believe Terrible Tua is the QB of the future . This is going to quickly cause several candidates to be turned off from taking the job . They don’t want their job security to be dependent on supporting a player that is pure trash .

When the Dolphins finally make a hire for their HC job — you can bet it will not be none of the top 3-5 current available names . No one wants to be associated with that bum. For the sake of the organization and it’s future , hopefully more players speak out — and the organization will realize they need to go in another direction at QB if they want to find the right head coach to lead them out of the mediocrity they fell into that caused them to settle for the worst pick in franchise history.

Attachments

• 1656C3D0-DD9C-46ED-9EBD-58F6E6DE08EA.jpeg
    1656C3D0-DD9C-46ED-9EBD-58F6E6DE08EA.jpeg
    224.3 KB · Views: 2

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is a formula for failure of a franchise. Ownership is terrible.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like at least someone on the team sees the truth about Terrible Tua — in fact , I’m confident many do — just one was willing to say it . I have an idea of who the player is — the only hint I can give is that it is a recently drafted rookie on defense .

The Dolphins have made a costly mistake by announcing that they want their next HC to believe Terrible Tua is the QB of the future . This is going to quickly cause several candidates to be turned off from taking the job . They don’t want their job security to be dependent on supporting a player that is pure trash .

When the Dolphins finally make a hire for their HC job — you can bet it will not be none of the top 3-5 current available names . No one wants to be associated with that bum. For the sake of the organization and it’s future , hopefully more players speak out — and the organization will realize they need to go in another direction at QB if they want to find the right head coach to lead them out of the mediocrity they fell into that caused them to settle for the worst pick in franchise history.
My feeling is that it’ll be an offensive minded coach because they’re going to try to give Tua all the chances they possibly can to succeed. That’s why I’m thinking Brian Daboll will be one of their top candidates since he was one of his OC’s at Alabama. Bienemy is always a possibility as well but don’t think they’ve requested an interview with him that I’m aware of.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feeling is that it’ll be an offensive minded coach because they’re going to try to give Tua all the chances they possibly can to succeed. That’s why I’m thinking Brian Daboll will be one of their top candidates since he was one of his OC’s at Alabama. Bienemy is always a possibility as well but don’t think they’ve requested an interview with him that I’m aware of.
Whoever it is obviously better be willing and able to convince the organization to make the necessary changes at QB — because clearly no one wants to waste years out of their career for terrible Tua.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins to conduct second interview with Kellen Moore — and interviews with McDaniels and Daboll in the race to become the next former Miami Dolphins head coach and have their careers ruined by supporting Terrible Tua.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins to conduct second interview with Kellen Moore — and interviews with McDaniels and Daboll in the race to become the next former Miami Dolphins head coach and have their careers ruined by supporting Terrible Tua.
Terrible ownership leads to terrible team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys sound like a broken record with all of the negativity.

The second interviews are scheduled for next week. They are offensive minded coaches. That is what the team needs. The media is slamming the Fins for wanting to keep defensive coaches. If I were a first time HC that wouldn't deter me. It could actually speed up the improvement process by allowing a HC to focus more on one side of the ball.

Here's my order for the choices.

Daboll is the most ready to lead and he is the most proven

McDaniels makes sense if he has an experienced OC calling plays. He isn't calling plays now and would have a lot more responsibility.

Moore: Their offense looked great at times but he had a lot to work with in terms of player talent.

Last edited:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daboll to the Giants — so there is that . He gets saved from having his career and reputation ruined by coaching terrible Tua

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Daboll to the Giants — so there is that . He gets saved from having his career and reputation ruined by coaching terrible Tua

Do you really think that the new HC will not be able to pick a different QB from a draft in the future or through free agency if he decides to?
That's a national media narrative that is ridiculous. Ross and Grier want to win too. It's obvious that these guys are trying. It's not easy to win. Look at what happened to the Pats. They have one of the best defensive HCs in NFL history and the Bills scored 7 straight TDs against them. One more win and the Fins would have got that but kicking instead of the Pats.

Alot of Fins fans seem to think that the sky is falling right now. I think if the team improves the offense (which should happen) they will be more competitive. The Fins have the most salary cap space and drafted well last year. There is a lot of young talent on the team. I am willing to be objective about the future and give the new coach and his staff a chance.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think that the new HC will not be able to pick a different QB from a draft in the future or through free agency if he decides to?
That's a national media narrative that is ridiculous. Ross and Grier want to win too. It's obvious that these guys are trying. It's not easy to win. Look at what happened to the Pats. They have one of the best defensive HCs in NFL history and the Bills scored 7 straight TDs against them. One more win and the Fins would have got that but kicking instead of the Pats.

Alot of Fins fans seem to think that the sky is falling right now. I think if the team improves the offense (which should happen) they will be more competitive. The Fins have the most salary cap space and drafted well last year. There is a lot of young talent on the team. I am willing to be objective about the future and give the new coach and his staff a chance.
Do you think that with all the cap space the Dolphins have that they toss a blank check at Aaron Rodgers to help the new coach out or do you think that the new coach will stick with Tua at least one more year and if he doesn’t drastically improve, use one of the two first round picks in the 2023 draft on a quarterback?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that with all the cap space the Dolphins have that they toss a blank check at Aaron Rodgers to help the new coach out or do you think that the new coach will stick with Tua at least one more year and if he doesn’t drastically improve, use one of the two first round picks in the 2023 draft on a quarterback?

It's most likely that we see a QB drafted early in 2023 in my opinion. That said, the Fins had the 30th ranked run game last year. I have to think a guy like McDaniels would improve that which would make whoever the QB is better. The Fins first draft pick is late first round. I would consider using that on a RB and FA to add an olineman or two.