• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I'm assuming this is the A league thread for in-season purposes?

images

we're coming for at least 2 of you, probably 4 this year!

bnyyqh4lcle21.gif
The massacre is ready to set in motion as the keeper of the flames are saying oh shit.....here they come.:D

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit
It's this message board. I feel like the camaraderie on this board makes me closer to you guys than most of the people I actually hang out with. My wife is always complaining that I don't want to meet new people and make new friends, which she's right because I don't give a shit about meeting new people, but I also have all of you guys that I consider friends and that's plenty for me. Who the hell needs human contact anyway?

Bandit I copied this^^^ to paste here as I didn’t want to jam up the profile thread

That is so awesome and is also actually how I feel

Believe me when I say that one day I hope I can say hi in person too as many as I can

As a few (that may have been inclined to notice) who might have noticed I do drive around to cities near and far mostly for concerts and an excuse to travel to new cities and places

I (when possible) try to get in contact with my MBBRL brothers from time to time when I do travel and so far I yet to be lucky enough but I tried. I just missed Smoke in St Louis and tried twice with Foot in NJ without luck ....

However I’m certain one day some one will say they met that hockey loving chicken legged crazy Canadian one day...

Beautiful words Mr Bandit

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, MBBRL members I have given a lot of thought to this over the last several days and think it best that I step down as Commissioner as of Wednesday July 10. Suffice to say the decision is a personal one that I will not openly address in detail here. Merely that I can no longer be objective with a few members and just leave it at that.

I will, however, continue to manage my teams in the various leagues this year, then leave the MBBRL as of December this year. All things MBBRL will be in the capable hands of @tlance. I'll assist in the transition but he will be seeking a co-commissioner to help ease the load throughout the year. So someone will need to pitch in - he will need the help.

The upside of this for me is I can make good use of a specific SportsHoopla feature and get my blood pressure back where it needs to be. Hey, I think it dropped just typing this. ..... Lefty

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No- Say it aint so partner.:hellno:
I will miss you on the boards but I will still call you occassionally.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.................I knew I went too far with the Golden Corral thing. I'm such an asshole. The only good thing about it is we have like 5 months to try to win you back off of Golden Mountain and back into MBBRL.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit.................I knew I went too far with the Golden Corral thing. I'm such an asshole. The only good thing about it is we have like 5 months to try to win you back off of Golden Mountain and back into MBBRL.
Oh Sammy, I just love ya man. Yet my return is in the 99.9% unlikely range. ...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a similar request in the other thread, but should be said here too.

Some things were said and things escalated to an unfortunate point.

Apologies are always welcome, but aside from that I ask that everyone refrains from referencing past drama in any other way.

Once we have all had some time to cool off, I do have a plan to hopefully help limit these situations in the future.

Be on the lookout for a couple amendment proposals in a week or two. Until then, let’s chill out and try to keep conversations focused on football.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a similar request in the other thread, but should be said here too.

Some things were said and things escalated to an unfortunate point.

Apologies are always welcome, but aside from that I ask that everyone refrains from referencing past drama in any other way.

Once we have all had some time to cool off, I do have a plan to hopefully help limit these situations in the future.

Be on the lookout for a couple amendment proposals in a week or two. Until then, let’s chill out and try to keep conversations focused on football.
Honestly, not sure exactly what happened as I left (what I believe to be the other thread) before things got out of hand. I will say it seems that we do have some debates that get heated and escalate into folks leaving..........sucks cuz we've all known each other fer so long........

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit this just showed up as an article on my work's news feed - we have this fake version of facebook and it sends suggested articles to our homepage.

I think their AI has seen me type the word 'Bandit' a few too many times, lol

upload_2019-7-11_9-6-13.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I have to say that @averagejoe, I sincerely hope that you all is well in your world and that we get you back in MBBRL in time. Also, I hope that you do still make occasional appearances on the boards. You will be dearly missed!

With regards to filling Joe’s spot, our Constitution is crystal clear on how this is supposed to go down.

According to section XII, any KOTF spots left open by a member who resigns his spot is to be filled by the relegated KOTF member with the highest power ranking. The amendment that we recently passed will go into effect for the 2019 season. It does not have anything to do with attrition, however. Attrition rules call for us to prioritize all relegated KOTF members over Barbarians who did not earn the promotion by virtue of the relegation clause.

Since only @ehb5 was slated to move up, @TKOSpikes was already saved. Now, in the wake of Joe’s departure, @HaroldSeattle also gets to remain in KOTF for the 2019 season.

Hopefully you will both have better fortune with injury (or Derrick Henry as the case may be).

@Trudem, kick those barbarian asses again and we will get you up to the show next year!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I have to say that @averagejoe, I sincerely hope that you all is well in your world and that we get you back in MBBRL in time. Also, I hope that you do still make occasional appearances on the boards. You will be dearly missed!

With regards to filling Joe’s spot, our Constitution is crystal clear on how this is supposed to go down.

According to section XII, any KOTF spots left open by a member who resigns his spot is to be filled by the relegated KOTF member with the highest power ranking. The amendment that we recently passed will go into effect for the 2019 season. It does not have anything to do with attrition, however. Attrition rules call for us to prioritize all relegated KOTF members over Barbarians who did not earn the promotion by virtue of the relegation clause.

Since only @ehb5 was slated to move up, @TKOSpikes was already saved. Now, in the wake of Joe’s departure, @HaroldSeattle also gets to remain in KOTF for the 2019 season.

Hopefully you will both have better fortune with injury (or Derrick Henry as the case may be).

@Trudem, kick those barbarian asses again and we will get you up to the show next year!

Back the Joe's Retiring truck up a bit here, when did Joe announce his retirement??

how TF did I miss that post!!!!

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I clarify something? I think I missed most of the drama and where it came from, but Joe leaving has nothing to do with any of that, does it? I'm pretty sure Joe had stated that he had personal issues going on which I interpreted as real life shit. I just wanted to make sure that I was correct in that?