• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I clarify something? I think I missed most of the drama and where it came from, but Joe leaving has nothing to do with any of that, does it? I'm pretty sure Joe had stated that he had personal issues going on which I interpreted as real life shit. I just wanted to make sure that I was correct in that?

Joe made the point that it had nothing to do with the drama that happened in the last week.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not heard from @Ritzarmy, so he seems to be out.

Going to start accepting votes for our 2 candidates @jwolt92 and @Nosferatu.

You can either PM me or reply in the MBBRL nomination thread.

I will ping those who haven’t voted by Sunday evening.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be honest, I really would enjoy being in y'all's league but Jwolt is a great guy and he has been very active in my baseball rotisserie league and he may have been chosen anyhow but if it's okay I would like to just step aside and let him join, if anything comes up in the future I would like to be considered.

Thanks again...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be honest, I really would enjoy being in y'all's league but Jwolt is a great guy and he has been very active in my baseball rotisserie league and he may have been chosen anyhow but if it's okay I would like to just step aside and let him join, if anything comes up in the future I would like to be considered.

Thanks again...

The hardest votes we do in these leagues are votes on who gets in or out. I wanted to vote for JWolt, mainly for what he did for the MBBRL baseball league a few years back. But I did not want to not vote for you, because we have done a number of leagues together through the years and you have always been a good competitor.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hardest votes we do in these leagues are votes on who gets in or out. I wanted to vote for JWolt, mainly for what he did for the MBBRL baseball league a few years back. But I did not want to not vote for you, because we have done a number of leagues together through the years and you have always been a good competitor.

I'm not having sex with you no matter how nice you pretend to be!

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks again...

Well shoot nos, I don't think I would have stood a chance against you. I'm loving the triple crown rotisserie league, it's made watching irrelevant games a lot more fun

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks again...

The bad news is that we only have 1 spot this year, but we will probably have another next year.

You just made what would have been a really difficult vote with 2 great candidates a lot easier. And We will get you in with next opening we get.

You are the man!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone has voted,

But, enough have voted that we have a final verdict.

I would like to officially welcome @jwolt92 to the MBBRL!

I am going to be away for a few days, but look for another official amendment proposal towards the end of next week. Once all that is sorted, we need to start talking draft dates.

Don’t stray too far!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have not heard from @Ritzarmy, so he seems to be out.

Going to start accepting votes for our 2 candidates @jwolt92 and @Nosferatu.

You can either PM me or reply in the MBBRL nomination thread.

I will ping those who haven’t voted by Sunday evening.

Sorry was going through some stuff. I vote @jwolt92 over @Nosferatu because Nos has to sit down to pee.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @jwolt92 @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @MilkSpiller22 @TREFF @tlance @Bandit @TKOSpikes @SoShady @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @leftypower @Barilko @Trudem @SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle @femurov @ehb5 @Chef99 @bksballer89 @Stomp @obxyankeefan

I did not feel the need to start a new thread, but I did want to tag everyone to make sure we all see this post.

This league has been together now for quite a few years. We are all very competitive and there are a lot of ideas out there on how to make things better. In any league like this where it’s members are highly invested in the outcomes, there will be differences of opinion and at times, even arguments that cross the line. Since we are all interacting on a message board, it is really easy to misinterpret the intended tone of a typed message.

I think most of these heated discussions start with a relatively harmless comment that may have been misconstrued. But over time, these situations create animosity that causes blow ups and jeopardizes the health of the league.

We will never be able to completely eliminate these situations, nor can we erase things that have been said in the past. My hope though, is that creating a set of posting norms can help to limit the drama in the future.

I ask that all members keep these norms in mind when posting in this forum:

1) Assume the best- if you read a comment that sounds like it might be a slight directed at you, take a beat and wait to respond. There is a good chance the message was poorly worded or the tone misinterpreted. Let’s try not to further escalate with a heated response. Instead, try to assume that the writer’s intention was not to disparage you, at least until proven otherwise.

2) Accountability- it is the natural inclination when you see an ugly exchange on a message board to just look the other way and stay out of it. If we want the MBBRL to remain a special league, we need to be better than this. Let’s hold each other accountable in a respectful way. Sometimes we do need 3rd parties to get involved, but let’s make sure it is to de-escalate the conflict and not adding fuel to the fire.

Remember, most of these start with an unintentionally harsh comment. So if any member makes a statement that you feel could be offensive to another MBBRLer, hit them up with a PM about it. That way, the poster has a chance to make things right and avoid a situation.

3) Move forward, don’t look back- we won’t always agree, but we do all want the same thing. We all want a great league where every member feels valued. That has not always been the case in the past. Regardless of past interactions, let’s try to make sure we are treating one another with respect and trying to make this league the best it can be. Make an effort to resolve all disagreements peacefully, or to simply agree to disagree.

Every member matters and every voice matters. It is essential that we all work together to preserve this ideal.

Amendment proposal coming later today and my goal is to have draft dates and positions set by the end of next weekend.

tlance out

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with this.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s sad that these “norms” even need to be stated... but I get it.

All I gotta say is, remember to play in this league for the purpose of having fun. I think too many people let their competitiveness make them lose sight of that.

Have fun & respect one another. It should be that simple.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s sad that these “norms” even need to be stated... but I get it.

All I gotta say is, remember to play in this league for the purpose of having fun. I think too many people let their competitiveness make them lose sight of that.

Have fun & respect one another. It should be that simple.

It is very easy to overlook this aspect of it, especially when there are so many keyboard warriors in the world today. (Just look at the Politics Forum). Most of us will never see each other in real life and it is easy to just throw out a snide comment with no real consequences. Then you have members of this league like @Chef99, myself, and others that like to make jokes about things up here. Sometimes we do go over the line with that and need to be told every now and again "Hey that was a little much". The jokes can and do help more then they hurt, so keep it up @Chef99 and any others that do this. Weather we like or dislike someone in this league, we all need to remember that everyone of us does this for the enjoyment of it. And that we all have more in common then we think.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. I do call out @Chef99 for doing things that I also do in the above post. I do not mean this as a bad thing Chef, I just was drawing a blank on the others that do it as much as the two of us do. Also as I said making jokes normally helps more then it hurts.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing. I do call out @Chef99 for doing things that I also do in the above post. I do not mean this as a bad thing Chef, I just was drawing a blank on the others that do it as much as the two of us do. Also as I said making jokes normally helps more then it hurts.

No prob at all. I realize that sometimes I go over the line, and I wanna whack myself in the head for doin' it. On the other hand, I've got some issues with people that think they are "elite" and are given free hand to do what they will. It's all good; for the most part, the MBBRL is one of the best groups I've been associated with, and I'm proud to be a part. I hope this will continue. :)

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have some issues as well, just staying silent for now. its a fun league, great competition.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have some issues as well, just staying silent for now. its a fun league, great competition.

Aw, we've all got issues; my issue right now is you lowballing for Cooks. :pound::pound::pound:

Sidenote: this was a joke. A joke, I say! ;)