• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was kinda thinking about starting a superflex league on there probably just redraft as a test run, but if things go well maybe switching to keeper or dynasty next year if there is any interest.

I’d be interested to give it a try.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you guys have a league(s) on sleeper app? It seems to have good reviews free, decent customization options, simple to use UI, and responsive customer support.

Never used it, but have heard good things from others about it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a share. If you live in Florida or pretty much anywhere in the south you can appreciate this. Developed as an answer to our mosquito problem (NOT) - yet another reason UF is not one of my favorites. ... They are called 'love-bugs' (for obvious reasons) and are here generally in May and September. .... thousands and thousands of the nasty critters they love the roadways and cars seem to be their only known enemy. Having the worst out-break in yrs. Your windshield will become a death house and after 25 miles or so, you simply can't see out of it. .... be glad you are somewhere else.

0514191203-00.jpg
0514191201-01.jpg

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a share. If you live in Florida or pretty much anywhere in the south you can appreciate this. Developed as an answer to our mosquito problem (NOT) - yet another reason UF is not one of my favorites. ... They are called 'love-bugs' (for obvious reasons) and are here generally in May and September. .... thousands and thousands of the nasty critters they love the roadways and cars seem to be their only known enemy. Having the worst out-break in yrs. Your windshield will become a death house and after 25 miles or so, you simply can't see out of it. .... be glad you are somewhere else.

View attachment 205105
View attachment 205106
I was at disney a week and a half ago and they were awful.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at disney a week and a half ago and they were awful.
Well, they are the worst I've seen. ... and that goes back for 60yrs. ... are they as bad in Jacksonville ?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they are the worst I've seen. ... and that goes back for 60yrs. ... are they as bad in Jacksonville ?
not too bad up here. Central Florida has it the worst

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bugs, shmugs!!!

Let's get this party started!! :harbs3::harbs3::harbs3::pound::pound::pound:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit is there any plans to do that draft and steal league you were talking about. I don't remember what you called it exactly, but where the 12th team doesn't get to draft but can steal players from the other teams?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bandit is there any plans to do that draft and steal league you were talking about. I don't remember what you called it exactly, but where the 12th team doesn't get to draft but can steal players from the other teams?

Oh that was the vampire league that Matthew Berry did last year. I'd love to do it, the problem is, with this group, we're all going to want to be the vampire.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh that was the vampire league that Matthew Berry did last year. I'd love to do it, the problem is, with this group, we're all going to want to be the vampire.
doenst the vampire change?

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draw for draft order with the 12th and final pick being the Vampire. The Vampire changes every year.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let's wait until we get a little closer to the season, as you really have to be as close to the start as possible to do this. I went back and read everything that was posted last year and I think the ideas that were most agreed upon were that it would be a 12 team league with two vampires. You would have a standard 10 team draft which I'm almost certain would have to be manual unless I can figure out a way to configure the draft to let the first 10 teams draft and then have the last two teams draft after they are done. Because of all the settings that are going to have to be used, I might have to use Fantrax because they have a lot more options for drafting than ESPN does, but I'll figure that out.

Here is what I am thinking:

It would be full point PPR, with a starting lineup the same as the MBBRL (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 D/ST) but we would need to have a 9 player bench which would be 18 total players (otherwise the vampires will have an advantage with too many options). There will be no waiver wire moves for the 10 regular teams (vampires can make unlimited waiver moves) and no trades allowed unless it's from one of the vampires beating you and stealing one of your players. The vampires can only trade for/steal a player that was in the starting lineup against them, they have to play the same position, and the vampire has to send the team a player that was also in their starting lineup. (this is to avoid the vampires trading their kicker for a running back or a bench player for your star) However, we discussed that there would be two IR spots for each team and if the player is eligible to be put on IR then that team would be allowed to pick up a free agent to replace said player after the vampire teams make any waiver claims for the week. Hope you're with me so far. Teams would have to field a full lineup (a player in at each position, which means if you want to start somebody that is on bye or injured that is perfectly acceptable if you want to protect one of your studs) but there is no rule against "tanking" a week and not putting any of your studs in the your lineup if you think you don't have much of a shot against the vampire. If we have enough guys interested, I'll set it up and figure out the best site to use for the options we'll need. I'll start a new thread with this post so any responses will be on there and once we get our 12 we'll need to iron out a few things as far as the settings go. It will be first come, first serve if you want to participate. Other than @tlance and @ehb5 who get first dibs at the vampire, because I do believe that we started this discussion in October last year and it was decided that the fairest way to do the vampires were the two champions of the MBBRL A and B leagues. If one of them doesn't want to do it, then it would just be a blind draw to see who got to be the other vampire. Oh yeah, and you'd be fighting for one of the 9 other spots because I get one of them :)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so I'm assuming this is the A league thread for in-season purposes?

images

we're coming for at least 2 of you, probably 4 this year!

bnyyqh4lcle21.gif

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. This thread can still be used by both leagues because all "official" MBBRL business will be on this thread. I will monitor the B league thread and might post occasionally, but I will probably still do most of my posting on this thread even though I am a Barbarian.