• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not if its reverse order, poor chef would never have a fair shake

Here's the thing, bud...like TKO, I'm also usually at the bottom of the wire. And like him, I also do pretty well. Only reason I've kept the claim this long is because I'm trying to be a bit less impulsive this year. Doesn't hurt that what Treff and Bandit said is true, there hasn't been anything worth using it for until maybe this week.

Anyway...that said, I'm not a fan of resetting waivers. It just seems wrong to me.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know jack about FAAB, but if @tlance thinks it's a good solution, I'm on board with it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i always get Treff's point but we use rolling and i hope we stick to it

i love the idea that if you dont make a claim you stay put

just because you are last shouldnt give you dibs every week

however ill never state that some one is last because they didnt draft well

usally its crap bad luck

Damn, Barilko...I need you to write my posts for me. Well said, sir! :thumb:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure they do..Chef could've grabbed Cam Merideth wednesday morning, just like I could've, just like Tlance did, jsut like I did on Moncreif and Coleman, just like Fuzzy did with Eifert, and on and on and on..completely fair chance, every single wednesday mornning

If waivers reset weekly, there would be no chance in hell Meredith would have gone unclaimed.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If waivers reset weekly, there would be no chance in hell Meredith would have gone unclaimed.
kinda my previous point..it wouldn't be so devastating taking a chance on a "might be", that may or may not pan out, a bad team might actually try and improve itself and claim him, instead of waiting on a sure thing and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. If eh pans out, they won't be on top for of the waiver claim list for long, and if he doesn't, they don't have to wait 8 weeks to get a decent shot at another might be

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? I'm sorry but brutally honest coming out here..that's utter horseshit. you think Ram doesn't know who to draft? myself? Fuzzy? is that the reason we're at the bottom? come on SP, that's an over generalization and somewhat offensive.

Maybe in a general sense you've got a minor point..VERY minor..
but as it pertains to this league..it' gives the peeps who have bad luck with injuries, players going into the tank unexpectedly, a fair shot at competing for the guys who are doing well.

SAying we don't know how to draft is BS

Obviously you guys know how to draft and have had bad luck. We all know that.

That being said, I think it is way more fair that he team who had bad injury luck/made a bad trade decision or two get relegated than the middle of the pack team that consistently got shafted on the wire. That team gets punished and the bad team gets bailed out. There is nothing less fair than that.

How professional sports teams decide these things is 100% irrelevant, because there are many other factors that don't apply.

For example, when an NBA team waived the bet they traded for in a salary dump, the 6ers don't claim that player because they know he doesn't want to be there. The contenders end up getting those guys anyway.

Also, there are never franchise changing players available on waivers as there are in fantasy football leagues. It simply doesn't happen.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda my previous point..it wouldn't be so devastating taking a chance on a "might be", that may or may not pan out, a bad team might actually try and improve itself and claim him, instead of waiting on a sure thing and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. If eh pans out, they won't be on top for of the waiver claim list for long, and if he doesn't, they don't have to wait 8 weeks to get a decent shot at another might be

But Treff, that is your choice to wait. You could have decided to make that claim any time. I agree people are waiting this year, but that is not how it has played out in the past.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a group full of such people that I respect so much, I"m truly amazed at how the idea of sportsmanship is lost, and the waiver process continually boils down to "fair to me" or "not fair to me"..I never give a damn if I'm a good team or a bad team, fair is giving the bad teams first crack..being a good sportsman is not giving a damn whether it's "fair to you or not"

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Johnson has been a beast for me this season. I don't even need a big night from him tonight to win my FF matchup. But, it would be nice.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also have Fitz tonight and have had him every season for the 3 I have been playing FF. Gonna miss him and need another WR next season. I also have Jeffery and Benjamin this season. It's an embarrassment of riches really...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride
I agree with Treff regarding your comments on drafting.
I posted this to tlance earlier in the day:
I consider all of us experts. We all know what we're doing. I can't see any of us being bad on purpose. Injuries happen. Players don't play up to their potential. Additionally, we all draft pretty close to the ECR and ADP. Even with Foot in our group (who can be outlandish in his picks at times), it's not like we take unnecessary risks in our draft picks.

Teams may be bad. But you can't say an owner's draft was bad.
You in particular are using a QB that wasn't drafted.
I don't really want to drag this out. I said my peace. Nothing is changing this season anyway.

You guys are still the best.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride
I agree with Treff regarding your comments on drafting.
I posted this to tlance earlier in the day:
I consider all of us experts. We all know what we're doing. I can't see any of us being bad on purpose. Injuries happen. Players don't play up to their potential. Additionally, we all draft pretty close to the ECR and ADP. Even with Foot in our group (who can be outlandish in his picks at times), it's not like we take unnecessary risks in our draft picks.

Teams may be bad. But you can't say an owner's draft was bad.
You in particular are using a QB that wasn't drafted.
I don't really want to drag this out. I said my peace. Nothing is changing this season anyway.

You guys are still the best.
i drafted matt ryan

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in a group full of such people that I respect so much, I"m truly amazed at how the idea of sportsmanship is lost, and the waiver process continually boils down to "fair to me" or "not fair to me"..I never give a damn if I'm a good team or a bad team, fair is giving the bad teams first crack..being a good sportsman is not giving a damn whether it's "fair to you or not"

We have already gone far enough with this, but what you are talking about is not sportsmanship.

Sportsmanship would be emailing your opponent reminding him that he has an injured player in his lineup. Resetting waivers just tips the scales for the bad teams. It isn't about what is fair to me. Heck, this year I would benefit greatly from reverse waivers because my team keeps losing. I still think it sucks.

I want to win because my team outplayed yours under the same rules. I don't want to win because I was given a waiver advantage week after week. That is very wrong.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, all I can say is I'll be at the bottom of the wire come Wednesday. It's where I do my best work anyway. ;)

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Jeremy Hill for me not drafting David Johnson... you know, second half stud thing? Then, go ahead and draft Hill in round 3 (trade him, and trade back for him). Irony? or stupidity?

I'm fretting next week's matchup with the Pride!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame Jeremy Hill for me not drafting David Johnson... you know, second half stud thing? Then, go ahead and draft Hill in round 3 (trade him, and trade back for him). Irony? or stupidity?

I'm fretting next week's matchup with the Pride!

The Pride Goeth before the Fall! :pound::pound::pound:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have already gone far enough with this, but what you are talking about is not sportsmanship.

Sportsmanship would be emailing your opponent reminding him that he has an injured player in his lineup. Resetting waivers just tips the scales for the bad teams. It isn't about what is fair to me. Heck, this year I would benefit greatly from reverse waivers because my team keeps losing. I still think it sucks.

I want to win because my team outplayed yours under the same rules. I don't want to win because I was given a waiver advantage week after week. That is very wrong.
same reasons I want to win as well, not becuase I sat on a waiver wire pick until the next Thomas Rawls showed up, but rather, you got Thomas Rawls, and I still won.

we have very basic fundamental differences in what fair means, and what sportsmanship means, and as we've always done, we need to agree to disagree..I wasnt even really going to say anything further on the subject than the simple voicing of my opinion on what "fair" meant in regards to this debate. .until the excuse of "rewarding owners who don't know how to draft came up"

@SteelersPride , I'm sorry I flew off the handle on you, but that ridiculous reasoning had always burned my biscuits, and apparently tonight, it just hit me wrong. hopefully no hard feelings, I know you weren't insinuating that.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is really a hot button topic with you guys. I never would have thought waivers would cause so much controversy, but I'm not sure there's an actual solution. Treff is looking at it from a parity standpoint in that the worst teams would have the best chance to improve and level the playing field if they had 1st priority in waivers. The others are saying that it's not their fault that team is in last place and that team owner shouldn't be "rewarded" for having the worst record. I think everybody is putting way too much stock in this. How many times during the season is there a clear cut #1 guy out there that everybody wants. Maybe two or three times tops? It's almost always a running back that the #1 guy got injured, but here's the thing. In this league all of the backups are already on rosters anyway and when the backup isn't owned it's because nobody has any idea who would even be the guy to get. I've been #3 in waivers all year because even when injuries have happened I've had no idea who to put in for. So, I'm still at #3, not because I don't want to use the claim and fall to the back of the pack, but because I've had no freaking clue who to use it on. Golden Tate is a perfect example this week. He has been terrible all year and all of the sudden, he was the only guy Stafford wanted to throw the ball to on Sunday. Is it a fluke or a change in philosophy? I don't know, I have no idea what Jim Bob Cooter is thinking and I'm not using a waiver priority on a guess. Does it bite me in the ass sometimes? Yes it does. Honestly I kind of look at it the opposite of Treff. In a way it's better to be at the bottom of the pack in waivers because then you don't care who you put in for each week and feel like you can take a lot more chances. So everybody else that won't use their waiver priority because they don't want to lose it misses out on a guy that you can take a flyer on because it makes no difference to you if you move from 11 to 12 in waivers. To me, the reason that rolling is better is because it brings strategy into the waiver process. When you're at the top you have to decide if a guy is worth using your waiver priority on. To me, this is the bottom line though:

The people that win leagues, don't win it because of their waiver priority. It could be rolling, it could be reset each week, it just doesn't make that much difference because you still have to guess right at who you are picking up. Last year when Jamaal Charles got hurt, there was just as much chance that Charcandrick West would get the majority of the carries as there was that Spencer Ware would. So if you used your #1 waiver priority on Charcandrick West and the guy that was 10th in waivers put in for Spencer Ware, guess who made out there. The majority of people thought that Kadeem Carey was the backup to own in Chicago, how'd that work out for people that took him instead of Jordan Howard. Then there are just as many instances that it doesn't matter. When Ameer Abdullah got hurt, everybody tried to figure out who the goal line and change of pace to Theo Riddick back would be. Would it be Dwayne Washington, Zach Zenner, hell now throw Justin Forsett into the mix. Doesn't matter, they all suck. If LeGarrette Blount gets hurt in New England, you gonna try and guess who gets those goal line carries? Yeah me neither. For everybody that says you are lucky to be #1 in waivers, I say, you have to be lucky to guess right on a guy no matter where you are in waivers.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 6 Recap

"This one goes out to all those kicking nets out there!"

615046644.jpg

***side note, kickers didn't top 12 points this week... the Gostkowski rule is no longer in effect.

Milk drowns Lefty - 91.8 to 56.3
Milk gets enough Luck (man, I'm sick of that joke) from Lefty's downer. Beckham awakens! I heard Milk will be the best man. Dwayne Allen left with an early injury, but milk only needed Luck and ODB. Evens up to 3-3.
Lefty ran out of cereal this week, with nobody showing up. Not much to say other than that. Back to the drawing board, I'm sure he'll rebound. Evens down to 3-3.

Tlance cooks Face - 100.1 to 76.7
A timely trade nets the TD Makers a QB, but the elephant in the room is Ezekiel Elliott. A rookie playing like a monster, behind a rookie QB? Wow! Can he score on his bye next week? Moves to 2-4.
As Face mentioned, he lives and dies with Ben and Brown. Now, he'll need a new chucker for a while. Tough luck with Martin, Riddick last week and now Ben goes down. Keep on heading West I guess. Back to 3-3.

Chef incinerates Bandit - 141.5 to 67.5
Nothing to see here, just the master chef and his new Mariota flame thrower. Le and De at it again, especially Le! ;) Gronk looks like Robo Gronk again. I'll say again, do not enter this kitchen! Untouched at 6-0.
Bandit played husband this weekend, and so did his football players. "Led" by Aaron Rodgers, there is really nothing here but almost touchdowns. His very stout bench didn't deliver either. Slapped to 3-3.

Fuzzy slams Ram - 119.9 to 77.8
The new Brady bunch is rolling. Stewart returns and Cam doesn't steal his touchdowns. Makes sense, Panthers, if you want your MVP playing. Michael continues to be a good buy and Julio lights up the LOB. Up to 2-4.
Ram limps into this matchup and pays for it. Really hurting at RB2, but it didn't matter this week anyway. Miller finally shows up, but he didn't invite any team mates. Sitting at 1-5.

SP ices Joe - 110.1 to 72.7
Matt Ryan has a day in Seattle. David Johnson keeps on truckin'. This is a mighty squad, and looks like the KOTF 1-2 punch lies in the same division. One yard, SP, one yard! Rolling at 5-1.
Joe's Jags have not been much good to him this season. Starting out slowly with Rivers on Thursday, led to much of the same on Sunday...other than Bell's "bad" games being double digits. Drops to 2-4.

...and the game of the week goes to

TKO corners Treff - 121 to 100.3

Easy Breesy beautiful Cover 3. Drew rakes in 40, which is good because Stafford had 35 on the bench! Also lucky that the Ware benching wasn't costly, as Fleener did the rest! Crawls to 4-2.
Unlucky for Treff, as this was the GOTW because it was the only dual-triple digit game. Yup, Treff would have beaten seven teams this week. Schedule gods have spoken. Back to 3-3.

***double side note... Chef alone would have beaten Lefty and the Bandit, Lefty and Joe, Lefty and Ram, Lefty and Face or Bandit and Joe! Ouch!

Go Bills!

Last edited: