• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little embarrassed about sitting Ware in a rainy game. Why would they put Charles out there on that field in the second half? Added in the fact that Crabtree was an easy bench candidate for the same field reasons, and hind sight is surely 20/20

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat Ware in a league too...:mad2::mad2::mad2:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ware shined

i'm trying to move ertz, crowell, lacy, mathews, pryor maybe.... would like to package some guys for a rb upgrade or some wr

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ware shined

i'm trying to move ertz, crowell, lacy, mathews, pryor maybe.... would like to package some guys for a rb upgrade or some wr
50044e2903cafa0f075cf99fdf5cd91f3e2d4d90017a58a654bb171ef8b25858.jpg

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably try and sell Hopkins this week.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeding does matter.

Most years though, the 2 seed gets the easiest road. The 3 seed is almost always the weakest playoff team.

Here is a thought: for the future, can we change seeding system? Keep the rules for who gets in the same, but I don't like that the wild card is automatically the 4 seed. WC is almost always better than the 3rd division winner.
I agree I wish NFL would as well
I'm all for getting in if you win the division 8-8 7-9 whatever but then seeding should kick right in

As for us I guess we wait until next year but if we vote I vote yes right now
Just as you TLance stated same 4 get in but Wildcard can be seeded 2 or 3 and not locked at 4

I would suggest that if the wildcard,s record is identical to a division winner than division winner would be the higher seed no matter what

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find interesting (or maybe a coinsidence) is that tlance was locked in as the top waiver priority in 2015 and he was one of the top teams (if not "THE" top team). And this year it looks like Chef is on the same path.
If we revisit anything, I'd like to revisit the waiver priority rules.

Definitely 100% coincidence.

How do I know this?

Because Chef has not used his waiver priority yet, and last year I traded mine for Alfred Morris. It had no bearing on my success last year, nor on Chef's hot start.

If by looking at the priority, you mean perhaps awarding it to someone besides 12th pick, then I have an idea. Perhaps waiver order should be done in reverse order of the draft order lottery. That would seem fair to me.

I sincerely hope though, that you are not suggesting we go back to resetting waivers. That is ridiculously unfair. What is far worse than the top team also owning top waiver spot? That would be the same team owning the top spot for multiple weeks in a row. With relegation at stake, that would almost create an advantage for teams sucking early against the middle of the pack. I would HATE to see that.

FAAB, randomize top priority, whatever. Just don't let this league go back to the stone ages with resetting waivers.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do I know this?

Because Chef has not used his waiver priority yet, and last year I traded mine for Alfred Morris. It had no bearing on my success last year, nor on Chef's hot start.

If by looking at the priority, you mean perhaps awarding it to someone besides 12th pick, then I have an idea. Perhaps waiver order should be done in reverse order of the draft order lottery. That would seem fair to me.

I sincerely hope though, that you are not suggesting we go back to resetting waivers. That is ridiculously unfair. What is far worse than the top team also owning top waiver spot? That would be the same team owning the top spot for multiple weeks in a row. With relegation at stake, that would almost create an advantage for teams sucking early against the middle of the pack. I would HATE to see that.

FAAB, randomize top priority, whatever. Just don't let this league go back to the stone ages with resetting waivers.
All good points t, but there has to be a better way.

It may not be fair to reward poor teams* (*more on that...) but it can't be fair to keep rewarding the same team a high waiver priority throughout the entire season either. I don't see how that is fair since it gives strong teams a greater advantage and keeps struggling teams at a disadvantage.

As for the "poor teams," I consider all of us experts. We all know what we're doing. I can't see any of us being bad on purpose. Injuries happen. Players don't play up to their potential.

Additionally, we all draft pretty close to the ECR and ADP. Even with Foot in our group (who can be outlandish in his picks at times), it's not like we take unnecessary risks in our draft picks. And I might add that even prognostications on players can be erroneously shaped by the media based on what they see in camp. The whole fantasy football community buys into these prognostications which shape the rankings to begin with.

Maybe the solution is to have NO waiver priority? Every player is eligible on Tuesday morning. That would mean there'd be 24 sleep-deprived owners every Tuesday morning in the MBBRL.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It may not be fair to reward poor teams* (*more on that...) but it can't be fair to keep rewarding the same team a high waiver priority throughout the entire season either. I don't see how that is fair since it gives strong teams a greater advantage and keeps struggling teams at a disadvantage.

As for the "poor teams," I consider all of us experts. We all know what we're doing. I can't see any of us being bad on purpose. Injuries happen. Players don't play up to their potential.

Additionally, we all draft pretty close to the ECR and ADP. Even with Foot in our group (who can be outlandish in his picks at times), it's not like we take unnecessary risks in our draft picks. And I might add that even prognostications on players can be erroneously shaped by the media based on what they see in camp. The whole fantasy football community buys into these prognostications which shape the rankings to begin with.

Maybe the solution is to have NO waiver priority? Every player is eligible on Tuesday morning. That would mean there'd be 24 sleep-deprived owners every Tuesday morning in the MBBRL.

But Joe, he has never made a claim. If he does, he moves to the bottom of the list. If he goes all season as number 1, it means he never used it and might as well have never had it.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Joe, they don't stay at the top of the waiver priority if they actually use it. If Chef puts in for somebody, it's not like he stays at one, he would go to the bottom. The problem is that his team is too damn good for him to need to pick anybody up off of waivers. It doesn't move you to the bottom if you only pick people up after waivers once they are free agents, only if you put in for a waiver request.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How do I know this?

The word "fair", apparently has a very subjective definition. and I know we've discussed this nineties times before, so I won't get deep into again, but, just to say, to me, resetting in order of total points is the ONLY "fair" way

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But there are others near the top (other than evil Chef) who have used their waiver position to their advantage.
No?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think the waiver priority makes that much difference. I know for a fact that I have been 3rd for at least 4 weeks in a row which means that neither #1 or #2 have put in for anybody. So, if I really wanted anybody that badly, I could have put in for them and had them. But guess what I didn't, which also means that whoever is #4 could have had the #1 waiver priority any of those weeks since none of the top 3 found it necessary to use their priority. I think the problem is that people in this league don't put in for people on waivers because they want to move up the chain in priority, so they wait for waivers to clear and pick people up as free agents. The worst idea (no offense Joe because I love you) would be for everybody to just be free agents. I am not waking up at 4:00 in the morning so I can compete in a crap shoot with Treff and Lefty and who clicks the button fastest.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at the bottom of waivers on a regular basis.... and get the claim I want most of the time.

...just sayin'

I get both sides. Chef is sitting on a lottery ticket, but not every lottery ticket is a winner. If a team starts 0-4 for whatever reason, they're likely to have the top claim for the next month. If they hit on four straight, is that skill? Sometimes...but like the lottery ticket, not always.

That's why I'm erratic with add/drops/claims...and some may say even trades. To an extent, most players are the same within their tiers (outside of injury replacement). But after tier one, does it really matter? You know, when Golden Tate quadruples AB any given week?

And that's why I normally do not chime in on the subject.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is the thing regarding the playoffs. The reason I have 6 teams make the playoffs in my league that I run is so that being one of the top two seeds actually is a reward with a bye in week 1, then the argument doesn't hold water as after the first week you just do like the NFL and the #1 seed plays the highest remaining seed and the #2 seed plays the lowest remaining seed. If you don't like that way (since that would make the regular season not quite as cutthroat) then this is what I propose.

We just simply let the #1 seed decide who he wants to play. Let's make it actually mean something to be the #1 seed. He can look at the rosters and matchups the other teams have and decide who he would like to play. He would have to make the decision by Tuesday at midnight the week of the playoffs. It's not like we can't all get a hold of each other and I think this would make it very interesting because whoever he picks will feel like, "Well shit I'd really like to beat his ass since he thinks I am the weakest team." I think it would be great. We already have to reset the playoffs anyway because of ESPN's crazy tiebreakers, so it's not like it's any more work on Treff either. Thoughts?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're all saying. I do.
Maybe I'm just frustrated cause it seems that if there is a particular week I could really use waiver help, I'm south of the waiver priority.
:sigh:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here is the thing regarding the playoffs. The reason I have 6 teams make the playoffs in my league that I run is so that being one of the top two seeds actually is a reward with a bye in week 1, then the argument doesn't hold water as after the first week you just do like the NFL and the #1 seed plays the highest remaining seed and the #2 seed plays the lowest remaining seed. If you don't like that way (since that would make the regular season not quite as cutthroat) then this is what I propose.

We just simply let the #1 seed decide who he wants to play. Let's make it actually mean something to be the #1 seed. He can look at the rosters and matchups the other teams have and decide who he would like to play. He would have to make the decision by Tuesday at midnight the week of the playoffs. It's not like we can't all get a hold of each other and I think this would make it very interesting because whoever he picks will feel like, "Well shit I'd really like to beat his ass since he thinks I am the weakest team." I think it would be great. We already have to reset the playoffs anyway because of ESPN's crazy tiebreakers, so it's not like it's any more work on Treff either. Thoughts?
I'd be on board with this idea. I do think 6 teams is too many, but that it does give the "reward" for being #'s 1 & 2. So if anyone really wants to "reward" the top spot in a different way, fine by me, I'm on board!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be on board with this idea. I do think 6 teams is too many, but that it does give the "reward" for being #'s 1 & 2. So if anyone really wants to "reward" the top spot in a different way, fine by me, I'm on board!

I like it too.

It also adds an element of strategy to the mix. I am all for that.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you're all saying. I do.
Maybe I'm just frustrated cause it seems that if there is a particular week I could really use waiver help, I'm south of the waiver priority.
:sigh:
Well Joe, you know I'm in agreement with you that it's out of whack as is. As the guy sitting in #2 all year, save the first week, I've felt like this is the first year where there consistently hasn't been anyone truly worth claiming. Every guy that has emerged from the scrap heap as a viable weekly option, has been a speculation grab a week or two before they got hot, there hasn't been that big injury that led to a new big thing at RB, (except McKinnon week 1, Howard was already rostered when Langford went down) there hasn't been obscure WR that burst onto the scene with 150 and 2 scores. This week is the first time a couple guys on waivers actually did something tangible you can look at and say, ya know, they might be worth it.

Now if things resett..I'd be making a claim every week most likely, doing everything possible to improve my team that week..as they are, the rolling aspect, means you get one shot..better not eff it up..so you wait..you let the maybe's and might be's go by while you wait for the sure thing..and you just continue to stagnate, because you know damned good and well, the one time you finally settle for that "might be", the very next week, the sure thing will be there, and he'll go to someone else. Fair, not fair? up to each person's individual definition of fair..but even if I did agree that it was fair..still don't like it