• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same reasons I want to win as well, not becuase I sat on a waiver wire pick until the next Thomas Rawls showed up, but rather, you got Thomas Rawls, and I still won.

we have very basic fundamental differences in what fair means, and what sportsmanship means, and as we've always done, we need to agree to disagree..I wasnt even really going to say anything further on the subject than the simple voicing of my opinion on what "fair" meant in regards to this debate. .until the excuse of "rewarding owners who don't know how to draft came up"

@SteelersPride , I'm sorry I flew off the handle on you, but that ridiculous reasoning had always burned my biscuits, and apparently tonight, it just hit me wrong. hopefully no hard feelings, I know you weren't insinuating that.
all good sorry too

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll chime in on the waiver order and playoffs.

As for waivers, I totally disagree with a weekly reset based on standings or points. As it presently exists, there is an element of strategy involved with when to use a priority claim or not. For the most part the guy setting at #1, 2, 3 and 4 are actually in a disadvantage since it takes a sure fire starter before anyone will use a those claims. It makes those guys less likely to 'gamble' than those from the middle to the end for fear of risking that position on a bust. I think what we have in place is fine, but if 'change' is what everyone wants then I'd support just randomizing it each week. I rarely use a waiver claims in this setting anyway. ...

One change I would support is to randomize the initial waiver order at start of the season rather than reverse of draft order.

As for playoffs, I'd support going from 4 to 6, more is always better and competitive. ...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that 6 playoff spots it more competitive. I also like the idea of allowing the higher seed to pick their opponent.

For waivers, I enjoy the rolling list. There is great strategy in when you use your priority. Although in a dynasty league giving the better team the higher priority is the only snag that I can see. In any redraft this seems like a no brainer for me. Randomizing for dynasty leagues could be useful.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudpuckers are open for business. .basically everyone but Cam on the block. definitely need a RB, a QB, or an open spot resulting from a 2 fer 1 (or 2 open spots ala 3 fer 1)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention that the 'bid' system suggested by Tlance could be very interesting and perhaps resolve some issues. I have never been involved with one but would be willing to give that a go. Not sure if ESPN supports that approach though. .....

Also, one final thought - with short benches there are always guys available that can be used in a pinch (albeit, you have guess right though).

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fudpuckers are open for business. .basically everyone but Cam on the block. definitely need a RB, a QB, or an open spot resulting from a 2 fer 1 (or 2 open spots ala 3 fer 1)

Likewise, most everyone available for the right price - perhaps we can make something work. .... I will take a look later today. If you see something in the meantime - I'm open to discuss. ...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to trade some running backs for some wide receiver help. I would be willing to package C.J. Anderson and Davantae Booker for a WR1. Or Tevin Coleman is also on the block for a WR2. Make me some offers.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise, most everyone available for the right price - perhaps we can make something work. .... I will take a look later today. If you see something in the meantime - I'm open to discuss. ...
sent a whole bunch of spit balls your way

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to trade some running backs for some wide receiver help. I would be willing to package C.J. Anderson and Davantae Booker for a WR1. Or Tevin Coleman is also on the block for a WR2. Make me some offers.
do these WR's need to be playing this week...i.e...Dez on a bye? ??

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of spit !! - - give me a bit to process. .....
didn't feel the need to go back and forth haggling over the details, figured I'd toss pretty much everything I'm agreeable to at once, and let you decide. ..still, if one of those don't suit your fancy, feel free to counter

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandit,

Let's talk.

I would consider a couple different alternatives. Please let me know how you view my WRs. I know where they stood in your eyes a few weeks ago. What about now?

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit,

Let's talk.

I would consider a couple different alternatives. Please let me know how you view my WRs. I know where they stood in your eyes a few weeks ago. What about now?

I love dealing with you T, you make things so much easier. One of the things that Matthew Berry always says is that you should ask the other person to rank your players for you because they could see them much differently than you would. Basically in your case, Demaryius Thomas is off the table and it's not because I don't see him as a decent choice, but having Emmanuel Sanders also, I can't have two Denver wide receivers as terrible as they've been on offense at times and I really think that Thomas and Sanders are equals as WR2's. That leaves Cooks and Benjamin because Maclin has even been terrible in good matchups so far this year. Honestly I think both of them are on the line of bottom WR1 top WR2's ranked somewhere between 11 and 15. Anything you want to send involving either of them I would definitely consider. I mean if you'd like to throw in Ezekiel Elliott I'd be fine with that too :thumb:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love dealing with you T, you make things so much easier. One of the things that Matthew Berry always says is that you should ask the other person to rank your players for you because they could see them much differently than you would. Basically in your case, Demaryius Thomas is off the table and it's not because I don't see him as a decent choice, but having Emmanuel Sanders also, I can't have two Denver wide receivers as terrible as they've been on offense at times and I really think that Thomas and Sanders are equals as WR2's. That leaves Cooks and Benjamin because Maclin has even been terrible in good matchups so far this year. Honestly I think both of them are on the line of bottom WR1 top WR2's ranked somewhere between 11 and 15. Anything you want to send involving either of them I would definitely consider. I mean if you'd like to throw in Ezekiel Elliott I'd be fine with that too :thumb:

Sending offer now.

Only way I throw in Zeke is if you are willing to deal your kicker in return!