• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about their CBs, but BB is a master at covering up weaknesses.

Perhaps and that may be an unpleasant issue with Miami in their division - But they also get the Jets & Bills twice.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the draft recaps gentleman!!

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram Tough - Pick 8

Round 1- C.J Anderson: I like Anderson alot this year.. Can put up big numbers with the Broncos focusing more on there running attack

Round 2 Odell Beckham Jr: I am not as high on ODB as alot of people are.. but with what was left I had to take him

Round 3 - Justin Forsett: I really really like this pick.. excited he fell to me. If Forsett wasn't there I would have reached and taken Ameer Abduallah.

Round 4- Andre Johnson: The old veteran has a chance to put up a career high in Tds this year with Luck as his QB..

Round 5- Travis Kelce: Not crazy about Kelce but I do like his upside.

Round 6 Tony Romo: Qbs were starting to go... Wanted to have a quality QB in this league.. someone's gotta throw to Dez right?

Round 7 Shane Vereen- Could end up being the Giants top fantasy RB

Round 8 Danny Woodhead - Absolutely Love Woodhead this year.. In my eyes, pick of the draft for me.. Rumor is Woodhead will be getting plenty of touches and possibly even most or all goal line work..

Round 9 Rams DST: How could I pass on them!?!?!?

Round 10- Cody Latimer - Possibly P. Mannings 3rd option

Round 11- Brandon Lafell- Pats number 2 WR

Round 12- Zach Ertz: Couldn't believe he was still on the board.. like Ertz alot this year

Round 13- Cody Parkey: I view him as a top 5 Kicker

Round 14- Sam Bradford: Could have some big weeks

Person I am most upset with: @Yellow Fuzzies!!!!! Didn't even give me a chance to take my boy Todd Gurley!! Will be reaching hard for him next year

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If manning can be anything close to what he has been then this team can be scary
If he regresses to only 4K yards (from 5k) and drops to 2 TD per game (from nearly 3), I'll be satisfied.
Emmanuel Sanders (4th round, 46th pick) Honestly I don't really like him that much this year
Golden Tate (7th round, 75th pick) I don't like him either as much this year
Bandit you crack me up.
Round 3&4- #35 & 38 Two rookie RBs, Todd Gurley and Ameer Abdullah
You have guts. Back-to-back rookies. Rookies were flying off the board - many early - too early for my liking. Looking back at the end of the year... your season may be defined by these 2 in particular.
Phillip Rivers - QBs are moving now and it's between Rivers and Eli for me. Dunno why a lot of people don't value Rivers more, I like him.
I've always liked Rivers. I think he's been undervalued. Was nice to see him bounce back in 2014.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have guts. Back-to-back rookies. Rookies were flying off the board - many early - too early for my liking. Looking back at the end of the year... your season may be defined by these 2 in particular.

Joe- You are absolutely right. Never pulled off something like this. May be a big mistake but it might just be the move that carries me for the season.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Joe- You are absolutely right. Never pulled off something like this. May be a big mistake but it might just be the move that carries me for the season.
Depending on how slowly they go with Gurley...I think you definitely chose the correct two rookie RB's. Outside of Matt Jones, they're the only two I like for 2015

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team Lefty
5 Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB - Consensus pick at 5. I actually had A. Brown ranked at this point but knew RB's would be at a premium - steady consistent performer - can't complain.

20 Calvin Johnson, Det WR - Toyed with another RB but decided to get a healthy CJ (highest potential WR at this point) and hope he has good health all season

29 Latavius Murray, Oak RB - Actually had Forsett ranked here but
like his upside more.

44 Davante Adams, GB WR
- Could be a reach but he was already in the WR 3 discussion before Jordy's injury. Not expecting Jordy numbers but WR 2 with potential for WR 1 payback.

53 Drew Brees, NO QB
- Jumped a lot earlier on QB this year and probably should have waited another round or two. Expectation is Drew Brees will be Drew Brees. I think the transition to a running team hype is just that. He's looked very good in preseason without significant increased emphasis on running. Young WR have responded well and Spiller will help keep numbers up.

68 Julian Edelman, NE WR
- Next to Gronk, Brady's favorite guy. Expectation is basically same numbers as last yr.

77 Doug Martin, TB RB
- Swore I'd avoid him like the plague after getting burned in yrs past - - but he was the the highest ranked 'starter' left at this point. Hopefully he will just be a 1 or 2 week plug in. Maybe I should be more optimistic. ....

92 Jordan Cameron, Mia TE
- High risk/reward. Potential is top 5 TE numbers if he can stay healthy. The risk factor forced me to take another TE.

101 Larry Fitzgerald, Ari WR
- Considered an old timer whose demise is exaggerated. Will still be the old reliable for Palmer in the red zone and chain mover. WR 2 numbers at worst.

116 Julius Thomas, Jac TE
- Potential in this spot was hard to overlook.

125 Patriots D/ST D/ST
- Solid - Hoodie - will have to keep games close until bye week.

140 Anquan Boldin, SF WR
- Another old timer who has the trust of his QB. Ceiling is pretty low but the low end is pretty high. Consistent.

149 Branden Oliver, SD RB
- Shot in the dark here. Needed another RB for bye weeks, and he really looked good when on the field. Talented rookie ahead of him, so he'll basically be a breather back - but historically rookies tire towards the season end if given too many touches early.

164 Matt Prater, Det K - Have to have a kicker, he was next up

All in all, this is not a flashy team but solid with some depth. Middle of the road rank could be a low depending on the Jordy situation and how well Adams responds.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
140 Anquan Boldin, SF WR - Another old timer who has the trust of his QB. Ceiling is pretty low but the low end is pretty high. Consistent.
Love the quote.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you're team Lefty, pretty solid all around. Just slightly shallow at RB depth. ..but outside of Sam, TKO, Tlance and Milk..who does have alot of RB's?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The anticipation to see Bandits review is killing me already. ..and it's hasn't even been 12 hours yet

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor Sam... sure hope David Cobb or David Johnson grabs the starting gig ASAP so he's not stuck starting Reggie Bush and Bishop Sankey Week 1.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 teams doubled up their TE's--Lefty, Bandit, Ram and Barilko-16 TE's taken

ZERO teams backed up the defenses-obviously 12 taken

Only 4 teams backed up the QB--one of which was SSPD Brady backing up Matty Ice (Fuzzy)- Fuzz, Treff, Ram, and Joe-again, 16 QB's taken

5 teams took 4 RB's
3 teams took 5
3 teams grabed 6
but the medal goes to Sam of Willwhite taking SEVEN RB's. the entire bench is currently all RB

One thing I noticed as interesting, there were a few instances of the same teams making sure to grab both halves of a suspected straight up committee. Chef snagged both Mathews and D. Murray, JOe grabbed both T. Coleman and D. Freeman, TKO did it twice-Hill and Gio, and then Duke Johnson and Crowell. probably considering West with his first free agent move ;) SAm of WW took both the Titans duo of Cobb and Sankey,

60 RB's taken overall

1 team took only 3 WR's
6 teams choose 4
and 5 teams took 5 WR's
62 WR's taken
Obviously the 62 WR's should've been 52. I think I carried one too many ones, didn't follow the Order of Operations, rounded the decimal wrong. .our maybe stroked the 6 when I thought I hit the five

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MILK'S TEAM

Picked out of the 10 slot

round 1- Dez Bryant- in a league that goes so strong with RBs, going WR in the first round was a clear choice... And I got the WR who I think will be the #1 WR... Nothing better than an ELIte WR

round 2- Julio Jones- Again, the RB talent was too weak to pass on another ELIte WR

round 3- Melvin Gordon- Really wanted to get another WR, but once Jordan Mathews was taken I did not think any WR was worth the 3rd round pick so went with my first RB... Not a fan of Melvin(despite owning him in every MBBRL league this year) but he had the biggest upside AND most touches guaranteed to start the season.

Round 4- Carlos Hyde- Pretty sure I threw up a little in my mouth when I made this pick... I wanted to avoid him... But just couldn't, when you go WR-WR in the first 2 rounds you need all the RBs you can get, and the ones that are likely to get their touches are way too valuable to avoid...

Round 5- TJ Yeldon- Drafted him for the exact same reasons as Carlos Hyde, and was just equally disappointed that I HAD to do it...

Round 6- CJ Spiller- After going with 3 similar Backs, I needed at least one flashy runner, One back that could get the BIG games even if he will be inconsistent.

Round 7- Alfred Blue- with Foster going down for at least half the season I saw an opportunity to hoard RBs who are the favorites to start... Wasn't just a hoard, but when you don't have a true number one RB depth at a position is very important... And That is what Blue is, he is depth, who COULD have better trade value than what he cost me... Worst case scenario, he is a drop, and I can live with that with a 7th rounder...

Round 8- Darren McFadden- Not sure how I passed on Joseph randle, planned on getting both... the cowboys O-line is just too good not to get any shares of their runners... and if McFadden can get 10+ touches a game, he will be worth owning... If McFadden wins the job or Randle goes down at any point this season, then I have a potential RB 1... that's how much confidence I have in the dallas O-line...

Round 9- Breshard Perriman- after my 6 RBs in a row, I knew I needed WR depth... due to having 2 ELIte WRs, I knew I could afford taking a risk with my WRs, so nothing better than taking a rookie who should be his team's #1 WR...

Round 10- ELI Manning- if you couldn't tell I sprinkled some ELItes out in my analysis... All to express how I feel about the younger Manning... With ODell Beckham, Reuben Randle and Victor Cruz, and a TERRIBLE defense, there is no reason not to think that ELI will be a top 10 QB... Not to mention Shane Vereen and Rashad Jennings are both very good with their hands... By drafting offensive line in the first round, the Giants front Office really wants the Giants to become an offensive juggernaut... and it is not too difficult when you have 6 games vs the skins,Cowboys, and eagles...

Round 11- Ravens D- I really wanted Miami's D, but they were taken... So I took the D I liked the best who had the latest Bye week... Late Bye weeks are great for a postion you don't want to ever carry a backup...

round 12- Torrey Smith- The 49ers have to throw to someone, I think... otherwise, it is always nice to have a drop spot on your roster... Tough decisions suck during the waiver process... If torrey is an easy drop, that doesn't bother me...

Round 13- Connor Barth- he is a kicker, he kicks field goals... He has a late Bye... Check, Check and check

round 14- Eric Ebron- I needed a TE, he has the upside to be a top 5 TE, can I ask for anything better with my last pick???

Overall love my team... Wish I had a sure thing at RB, but with the depth I have I do think I will find 2 or 3 to start every week... Only regret was not drafting a WR in my 6 in a row RB... Would have been great to have a WR as my flex... Hopefully Perriman could do that...

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like you're team Lefty, pretty solid all around. Just slightly shallow at RB depth. ..but outside of Sam, TKO, Tlance and Milk..who does have alot of RB's?

I think they were going with the 'safety in numbers' philosophy.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - in case anyone is interested, Antonio Brown would have never made it into the second rd if my pick was 8 or later. ......

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - in case anyone is interested, Antonio Brown would have never made it into the second rd if my pick was 8 or later. ......

Yea, I was surprised he fell... But I don't regret taking Dez over him... In a NON PPR, I will always take the Taller receiver over the shorter receiver as long as they are similar value...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposite George wants to thank the MBBRL...
th?&id=JN.uzAPUgyPQxQnyN9XlHiFyg&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0.jpg
...for drafting 11 rookies before round 10. You saved me the headache of possibly making a decision on a rookie (I did draft 1) that I would have regretted.

I mean, they all seem freakishly, Goliathly great and their ceiling is through the stratosphere in pre-season. Plus a few touches in preseason against relative non-starter, vanilla defenses I'm sure only boosts their value.

Can't wait for the real games to start, and they have trouble holding onto the ball, or picking up blitzes, running good routes, missing audibles, or hesitate just that 1 second before hitting the hole. Only to end up in someone's doghouse for a stretch.

Thank you! Thank you.

This was not Joe.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposite George wants to thank the MBBRL...
...for drafting 11 rookies before round 10. You saved me the headache of possibly making a decision on a rookie (I did draft 1) that I would have regretted.

I mean, they all seem freakishly, Goliathly great and their ceiling is through the stratosphere in pre-season. Plus a few touches in preseason against relative non-starter, vanilla defenses I'm sure only boosts their value.

Can't wait for the real games to start, and they have trouble holding onto the ball, or picking up blitzes, running good routes, missing audibles, or hesitate just that 1 second before hitting the hole. Only to end up in someone's doghouse for a stretch.

Thank you! Thank you.

This was not Joe.

SERENITY NOW!!!!

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will do a recap, but it won't be as detailed as the suicide one. It's a big difference between having nothing else to do fantasy related and preparing for 7 more drafts, but I'm working on it as we speak.