• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's just me but this seems like an awful lot of back and forth over something meant to be fun. ... But if we are going to be headstrong on rules, does a half owner equate to an owner? If not, then problem solved.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's just me but this seems like an awful lot of back and forth over something meant to be fun. ... But if we are going to be headstrong on rules, does a half owner equate to an owner? If not, then problem solved.
its not just you

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in the spirit of mixing it up I would prefer the next B-leaguer in line, so two teams move up as usual.
But my question would be why is it different this year, when at any time in the past, openings in the A resulted in saving a relegated team? Why would it be different now?

I think both quotes here make good points. Perhaps the best thing is not to change mid stream here, since in the past A league members have been saved by what ever reason, but moving forward 2 A members move to the B league every year. So you bump up as many B members as needed to make it happen.

Just a idea.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both quotes here make good points. Perhaps the best thing is not to change mid stream here, since in the past A league members have been saved by what ever reason, but moving forward 2 A members move to the B league every year. So you bump up as many B members as needed to make it happen.

Just a idea.
but its not changing midstream... last year 2 B-leaguers were promoted to the A-league, but they also lost 2 owners so the 2 that were supposed to go to the B-league were saved... What is happening now is only one B-leaguer is going in, and the other has optioned out... We haven't seen this situation before, so there is No precedent... But we don't want this to be the precedent, if there is an option to move up it just weakens the whole purpose of the A- league AND the B-League...

Not trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill, just worried that if given the option nobody will want to change leagues, and with 2 leagues that want to be set with owners there will be no reason for the connection between the 2 leagues...

This will be my last message about this... And i apologize for making something that is supposed to be fun not fun for a couple of minutes...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Treff will stay in the A league anyway... it's really about Chef. If he wants to stay in the B league because he doesn't think he earned his way into the A league, I want him to know he absolutely earned it.

And if he wants to stay in the B league anyway, it will be probably be a question of whether Monkey gets salvaged or the ticket gets passed along to Smitty or whoever would have been next in line. (That would be the second straight salvage for Monkey!)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chef wants to stay in the B league because he thinks he didn't earn, I just want to say that the rest of us in the B league would disagree IMO. He worked hard trying to improve his team and kudos to him for winning.

That being said, I love to see the master wheeler dealer say in the B league.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone happen to known what page the breakdown standings are on?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Treff will stay in the A league anyway... it's really about Chef. If he wants to stay in the B league because he doesn't think he earned his way into the A league, I want him to know he absolutely earned it.

And if he wants to stay in the B league anyway, it will be probably be a question of whether Monkey gets salvaged or the ticket gets passed along to Smitty or whoever would have been next in line. (That would be the second straight salvage for Monkey!)

Understood and appreciated. I think it's probably better to keep things the way they are. As one who is pretty rigid about adhering to rules, I find it hard to disagree with Milk's reasoning. So, status quo it is.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think everyone, except maybe Chef, would agree he earned it.

Like Will said, I'm most likely sticking around anyways, so all of this debate isn't for any benefit of mine, nor am I supporting Monkey over any other worthy B leaguer. Just saying the dude earned his right to choose what he wants do, his reasons aren't really up for me, or in my opinion, anyone else, to debate or judge.

The only question we really should be answering is what is the fair thing to do with the spot. .both now, and in the future should it ever come up again

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enemy lines and a Smokin Monkey in A sounds right to me

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
p. 259... moot point, though.
It was unrelated to the current discussion. I was just curious for my own sake and thank you for the page number.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood and appreciated. I think it's probably better to keep things the way they are. As one who is pretty rigid about adhering to rules, I find it hard to disagree with Milk's reasoning. So, status quo it is.

OK then Chef is accepting his 'promotion' & moving up. Next topic. ...
I have no problem at all sticking to rules where there are rules. With the Chef thing resolved (this yr), there obviously needs to be a rule that you cannot turn down a promotion from B to A - so does a refusal to move constitute oblivion?
There also needs to be a rule concerning what constitutes a team owner. Last yr we had a duel ownership in A. So, if one drops out does the other automatically secure a spot for the next yr? What happens if both want to come back with their own teams - this applies whether it's A or B ?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then Chef is accepting his 'promotion' & moving up. Next topic. ...
I have no problem at all sticking to rules where there are rules. With the Chef thing resolved (this yr), there obviously needs to be a rule that you cannot turn down a promotion from B to A - so does a refusal to move constitute oblivion?
There also needs to be a rule concerning what constitutes a team owner. Last yr we had a duel ownership in A. So, if one drops out does the other automatically secure a spot for the next yr? What happens if both want to come back with their own teams - this applies whether it's A or B ?

I would be ok with this as long as the numbers match. As in it doesnt throw off the amount of teams moving up or being sent into oblivion. Does that make sense?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was helping out Duff. Not my team. I don't qualify for anything. For purposes of spots there should only be one owner ever, and that owner can't change. If I want a team I have to go through the process to crack the B league.

So any additional team has to come up through the ranks - no splitting of teams into two, or transferring to somebody else.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to make things more cloudy, but I am perfectly fine that if an A league spot comes open, it goes to the next Barbarian in line from last year, and not me. I am 100% in favor of mixing and matching up the owners as much as possible, just to keep things fresh year to year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was helping out Duff. Not my team. I don't qualify for anything. For purposes of spots there should only be one owner ever, and that owner can't change. If I want a team I have to go through the process to crack the B league.

So any additional team has to come up through the ranks - no splitting of teams into two, or transferring to somebody else.

ok - I get it. But there will always be a place in MBBRL for wilwhite in my book. ....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears as though the conversation is dying down. .but obviously we have a gray area we need to address going forward. Another thing we haven't touched on is what to do if a B team moving up decides to retire or disappear, how does that spot get filled? At some point it'll happen, we should have black and white rules on the books so we can avoid this in the future

I propose I couple of polls to amend the MBBRL constitution.
First, does an owner have the right to refuse a "promotion"?
A. Yes
B. No

Secondly-
How should any and all A league openings be filled?
A. Highest available B owner in the power rankings. Relegated A team owners are relegated, period, no recourse.

B. Relegated A team owners fill openings. If more openings than relegated teams, subsequent spots to be filled by next available highest ranked B team in power rankings.

Do these options look okay with everyone? Is there any voting options you'd like see other than these?

Or does anyone think we should just keep going with no changes/adjustments at all?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears as though the conversation is dying down. .but obviously we have a gray area we need to address going forward. Another thing we haven't touched on is what to do if a B team moving up decides to retire or disappear, how does that spot get filled? At some point it'll happen, we should have black and white rules on the books so we can avoid this in the future

I propose I couple of polls to amend the MBBRL constitution.
First, does an owner have the right to refuse a "promotion"?
A. Yes
B. No

Secondly-
How should any and all A league openings be filled?
A. Highest available B owner in the power rankings. Relegated A team owners are relegated, period, no recourse.

B. Relegated A team owners fill openings. If more openings than relegated teams, subsequent spots to be filled by next available highest ranked B team in power rankings.

Do these options look okay with everyone? Is there any voting options you'd like see other than these?

Or does anyone think we should just keep going with no changes/adjustments at all?
Question 2 should be 2 separate questions...

Question 2A- what to do with the open spot after the promoted team retires/quits(or from poll 1, decides to stay)?

Question 2B- what to do with an open spot of a retired/quit, of a current A leaguer...