• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year on July 17 Treff was naing down a draft date for the A league.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also mentioned that the B league could pick a different date, which implies that the B team was in place.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have to get it going. .no doubts.

But Dawgs not in. .I have no problem nominating him for a spot in the B, but he's by no means assured of a spot.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year on July 17 Treff was naing down a draft date for the A league.

Good point. But within the last few days, several individuals have mentioned that the board is especially slow. So I'm not sure that we'd be able to get everyone's agreement on a definitive draft date. We do already have a tentative date - the weekend of August 14-16. Each league could tweak this date once all of the participants are set.

One post mentions Duff. Another mentions Dawg. I'm sure Treff has a handle on all of the owners and nominees.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as Joe said Dawg and Duff 2 diff people. Duff is discussed as he is in until proven out. Where Dawg as of now is not in

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as Joe said Dawg and Duff 2 diff people. Duff is discussed as he is in until proven out. Where Dawg as of now is not in

I like your style. That is how I look at things as well.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and no hurry anyhow. most of us have Dynasty to pass the time
Rankings game is coming up
random thoughts available also

I do not see any need to push MBBRL quite yet.

I think Duff will check back in when he can and if he doesn't by MBBRL A draft time save a spot in B

and thus B should draft after A

and then if he doesn't check back in on time for B. then and only then should he be out

if that happens their are many available entries ready to start in B

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what Chef is cooking....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and no hurry anyhow. most of us have Dynasty to pass the time
Rankings game is coming up
random thoughts available also

I do not see any need to push MBBRL quite yet.

I think Duff will check back in when he can and if he doesn't by MBBRL A draft time save a spot in B

and thus B should draft after A

and then if he doesn't check back in on time for B. then and only then should he be out

if that happens their are many available entries ready to start in B
That all sounds well and good, but to many moving parts for my liking. Either in or out. By the time we get to that point, anyone truly interested in being in, will have checked back in.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what Chef is cooking....
Through PM's, Chef has volunteered to remain in B league, opening up a spot for last year's #11 (me), to stay in A.

I would appreciate a public acknowledgement from Chef..not that I think anyone would assume I goaded him into it, but just so everyone knows it's all kosher

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through PM's, Chef has volunteered to remain in B league, opening up a spot for last year's #11 (me), to stay in A.

I would appreciate a public acknowledgement from Chef..not that I think anyone would assume I goaded him into it, but just so everyone knows it's all kosher
Wow...you pressured him enough to stay in A league. Kudos!:suds:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... I'm not sure about being able to trade spots. Relegation does all kinds of good things for the league and I'd hate to mess with it. Maybe a good topic for discussion.

On the other hand, as much as we all love Duff, he was only half an owner last year, and his participation, while great when he's on, has been spotty for a couple of years now. Now that you've been sending him e-mail, it's easy to say that if he doesn't show by August 1 it will be time to set our Fellow Founding Member free... I'm sure he'll understand. He might even be mildly surprised we've held out so long.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a second, if Chef stays a Barbarian, and Duff is a no show, does that mean I'm back in with the Keepers?

I was actually looking forward to having to scrap my way back up there this season.
No rush, just let me know a day or two before the draft as to what league I'm drafting in.

I will adjust my strategy accordingly.

And I think both leagues should try their best to draft within the same weekend as each other. Or at least within the same 3-5 day window.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the relegation aspect of this league. I think it takes it up a notch and keeps people involved till the end. Now that isnt me saying I dont want Treff or Monkey to move back to KotF if there is space. Just saying that I love this group.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a second, if Chef stays a Barbarian, and Duff is a no show, does that mean I'm back in with the Keepers?

I was actually looking forward to having to scrap my way back up there this season.
No rush, just let me know a day or two before the draft as to what league I'm drafting in.

I will adjust my strategy accordingly.

And I think both leagues should try their best to draft within the same weekend as each other. Or at least within the same 3-5 day window.
That's the way I interpret what's going on yes. ..

From what I'm seeing, Chef is conceding his A spot. .which is no different than any other time we've lost an A league member, meaning, one of those relegated is saved (Sam a couple years back is a good example). In this case, since I was #11 in the power rankings, that would be me. And then if we can't get Duff to show up, we'd have another relegated spot be saved, which would obviously be Monkey. That precedent for dealing with open A spots has already been set

I guess the issue is with Chef voluntarily giving up his spot as opposed to outright losing an owner. To me there's no difference, but maybe to others theres a difference. Surely we're not expecting to "force" Chef to take a spot if he's preferring to play with the guys he was with last year, are we?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the thing though... As the A league vs the B- league... any NEW owner must automatically join the B- league... If we currently have 12 owners in the B-league and are short owners for the A-league, then B-league members need to come into the A-league...

At least that's the way I see this whole thing... We cant allow the B-league to become the stronger league(not saying any owner is better than another), if that happens then the whole relegation/advancement/oblivion has no purpose...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres the thing though... As the A league vs the B- league... any NEW owner must automatically join the B- league... If we currently have 12 owners in the B-league and are short owners for the A-league, then B-league members need to come into the A-league...

At least that's the way I see this whole thing... We cant allow the B-league to become the stronger league(not saying any owner is better than another), if that happens then the whole relegation/advancement/oblivion has no purpose...
That's exactly what we'd be doing. .Monkey and I are currently relegated to B, if there are openings in A, those who were relegated are the first in line to fill them. This has already happened before, not like we're making it up as we're going here.