• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am here Tko. But none of your offers will get that wr. He is my only stud this year...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty. .. saw the offers, and while I wouldn't mind taking a chance on the WR, I'm not taking that big of a chance, and the RB just clouds the situation, doesn't solve much. I'll take another look this evening.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will/Duff.. fair enough I can wait a bit. . Totally agree with your analysis and almost didn't even bother to offer nectar of it

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff-

I sent one trade out just to see if I'd get a bite. Back at work right now until 11:00 so I won't have a chance to peruse other rosters and see if I can make any other offers. Stupid internet filters!!! If I can stay awake when I get home, I'll see what else there is. If not, I'll try in the morning while my kids are eating breakfast.

My apologies to everyone. This fantasy football season is damn near impossible for me. I'm lucky to get a lineup in and find free agents when I need them. We had a person leave here at work and I'm here now 10-11 hours a day. Do I get overtime? Hell no!! I'm a salaried supervisor and am expected to be here. And if it's anything like the last time, corporate HQ won't let us get somebody in for a few months and then it'll take another month or two just to hire somebody. Doesn't leave much time for me to research and actually see who all is which team and what free agents are out there. If you guys would rather I bow out and let WilWhite take over, I'd understand. It hasn't been fair to the rest of the league since I can't give it my 100%. I enjoy the hell outta this league and all the posts made by league members, when I get a chance to drop in and read on my lunch break. I just can't contribute much to the board or the league and you all deserve better. I mean we sort of have had a standing rule about contributing here on the boards (at least a little bit) and between work and family, I'm barely getting a lineup in, I haven't posted in months and my 3 wins are mainly due to pure dumb luck. I'll leave my fate up to the rest of you guys.

Discuss amongst yourselves. Don't worry about pulling punches, I won't take anything personally.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duff.. first off.. never take a salaried position. . Lol

Secondly. . As long as you want your team, I think you've built up enough cred. To have a little slow season. You're keeping an active team, making moves and even responding to/sending trade offers. Maybe not as active as you'd like to be, but me than enough for me!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duff, you've been in the league since the beginning and you have been one of the best poster's on the boards in the past and I'm sure once things get straightened out you'll be back, so as far as I'm concerned your spot is safe. See, I can see what happened here. Will saw the opportunity to get you sent down to the B League while he took a year off and then he won't have to face you next year. Will's a smart man!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI: was gonna ask Bandit if I could do the write-up for week 8. Was gonna use some Monty Python dialogue in honor of the annual game in London. But my creativity was stunted and then I got distracted.

A lot had to do with the Bears fiasco on Sunday. And then I went to the Bears board. Bad idea. They were angry and spitting nails. They were mad at everyone. Cutler. Tucker. Emery. Other posters.

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI: was gonna ask Bandit if I could do the write-up for week 8. Was gonna use some Monty Python dialogue in honor of the annual game in London. But my creativity was stunted and then I got distracted.

A lot had to do with the Bears fiasco on Sunday. And then I went to the Bears board. Bad idea. They were angry and spitting nails. They were mad at everyone. Cutler. Tucker. Emery. Other posters.

I have a feeling the Monty Python recap would be epic! We've still got one more in week 10... don't mothball that idea just yet.

giphy.gif

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I had so far... (which is basically extracted dialogue from the script with a few edits).

In honor of the annual London game, this weeks recaps are courtesy of...

th

Scene 16 – tlance vs Fuzzies at the Bridge of Death
Crossing the Bridge of Death involves answering 3 simple questions. What is your quest? To win the MBBRL. Do I start Big Ben or Luck? The matchup suggested starting Luck. The bridgekeeper agreed, so off you go. As for tlance, what is your quest? To win the MBBRL. Should you expect a TD from any of your players? Tlance hesitates and is hurled over the edge of the bridge.

Fuzzies beats tlance 101-94.

Scene 12 – Barilko vs WilDuffbeast and encounter Sir Robin and his minstrel
*singing* Brave, brave Barilko. He was not in the least bit scared to be mashed into a pulp. Or to have his eyes gouged out and his elbows broken. To have his kneecaps split and his body burned away. But WilDuff had Gronk, Cobb and Charles. And even Cundiff helped…
*interrupting* That’s enough singing for now. WilDuff wins 157-133.

Scene 3 – TKO vs Sam with Dennis
What I object to is Sam (6-1) automatically treating TKO (2-5) like an inferior. Well Sam is king. Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the matchups. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our fantasy teams.

King Sam bludgens the commoner TKO 138-83. Says TKO, “Now we see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! TKO is being repressed!”

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scene 2 – Monkey vs Joe and “Bring Out Your Dead”
*gong* Bring out your dead! *gong* Bring out your dead! Here's one. I'm not dead yet, says Monkey. Hang on, he says he's not dead. He's 0-7, he will be soon. I'm getting better! No you're not you'll be stone dead in a minute. Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations. Besides, I have to go to Chicago to get their entire defense.

Monkey goes down swinging but loses 112-88.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can, on behalf of Bandit, assure you that taking over the Week 8 writeup is quite welcome.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FF is a harsh mistress, Duff.

Under your guiding hand the White Beers have recovered from their 0-4 start to take three out of the last four and completely destroy the entire league this week... so I'd bet the guys would be happy for me to take over again.

For me, I'd be happy to see you ride out the season, doing as much or as little as you can, and I can stand by to make sure lineups are tended to, TEs acquired, and unrefusable offers accepted, so you don't have to sweat if you miss a week.

It'd be like two working parents who each stop by the house once in a while to check on the baby. What could go wrong?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scene 24 - Lefty vs Treff and the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

Consult the Book of Armaments. Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one. *reading* And Saint Treff raised the hand grenade of Maclin up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade of Maclin, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemy Lefty to tiny bits, in thy mercy. For Lefty hath negative points from thy Bengals two weeks hence. And the Lord spake, saying, "Treff shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then Maclin shalt thou count to thirty, no more, no less.

Treff doth did snuff Lefty 116-91.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scene 4 - Ram vs Bandit and the Black Knight

Ram: You have proved yourself worthy Sir Bandit. Will you join me?
Bandit: *no response, since he's looking up scores and typing up MBBRL posts*
Ram: You make me sad. Now stand aside. I must cross this bridge.
Bandit: I move for no man. Unless someone makes me a sweet offer for Tre Mason.
Ram: So be it. *they dual & Ram lops off one of Bandits' WR* Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Bandit: Tis but a scratch.
Ram: A scratch? Andre Johnson only got you 5 points! The Colts got you minus -3.
Bandit: I've had worse. C'mon ya pansy.
Ram: You are indeed brave, Sir Bandit, but the fight is mine!
Bandit: Oh, had enough, eh?
Ram: Look, you stupid bastard. You've got no players left!

Ram rides off to victory 137-88.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might just have to rent "the Holy Grail" and watch it again. Would it be as good without weed?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet stuff Joe..was going you'd do the black knight. My all time favorite Python scene

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, Joe - can you see the B league?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never seen any Monty Python movies...I find that odd based on how some view them.