• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely Positively if you do not use your waiver pick you stay on top until you use it

I vote for this and emphatically vote Yes Please please...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAAB is tied to auction leagues, IMO, but probably not offered in freebies anyway.

I am in a snake draft ESPN baseball league with FAAB and two Y! snake draft football leagues with FAAB.

I think that most auctions do use FAAB, but that does not mean you can't do it in a re-draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P put me down for exact opposite of Tlance..I HATE FAAB.

Why?

Really, for me it is anything but re-setting waiver priority. Why such hostility toward FAAB?

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Treff was a poor only child growing up on a little ranch in Texas, and FAAB rode up and killed his dad.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Treff was a poor only child growing up on a little ranch in Texas, and FAAB rode up and killed his dad.

lol, well I only used the word HATE, because Tlance used hate when referring to the waiver order resetting. Honestly I only dislike it quite a bit.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why?

Really, for me it is anything but re-setting waiver priority. Why such hostility toward FAAB?

The biggest reason, outside of my own personal preference of just not liking it, is that when the MBBRL was started, and ever since, it's always been as standard as possible. No outlandish scoring, no crazy roster sizes, nothing out of the basic stuff. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but that was done to even the playing field between those of us that have been playing 20 some years, and those that were basically just starting. There wasn't anyway to have en edge because you knew how to build a good PPR team, or how to manipulate a matchup to go for yardage bonuses, or whatever you'd like to come up with.
Adding this free agent auction bidding gives everyone who's spent time in other leagues a clear advantage over those that aren't familiar with when to spend your dollars, how much to spend on any given player, how to save just enough to know you won't have to start a player on a bye, things like that.
FYI, I've only ever done two leagues that incorporated this system, I didn't like it at all, and it was obvious that I didn't know how to play the system, because I never got my guy. Would hate to see anyone, myself included, lose even one game because someone else understood how to play FAAB better than the next guy.

I have no issues whatsoever with the order being constantly running, even though my preference is for it to reset each week, but both are a very standard way of operating, FAAB is very much not a standard way of operating.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To follow up just a little, it's cool if all the goings-on in the MBBRL are generalizable to the wider FF world, just in case anybody's listening.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The historical piece is very fair.

I am not saying that any rule changes need to happen, but when brought up, I will always vote for rules that require more skill to navigate. We are all very good fantasy football players, so another layer of complexity here and there might actually spice things up a little!

As for the resetting waiver wire, that system tends to pull every team toward .500 and I really despise that. I am a firm believer that the best managed teams should have the best odds of winning. Simply allowing the teams with the worst record to have first dibs each week is inherently unfair to the teams who start off well.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tlance that the rolling waiver process definitely adds another layer of strategy into the game, and I love it, when compared to the resetting every week.
On the flip side, MBBRL has done the 'reset each week' waiver process in the past, so no harm done if it stays the same, imo.

But if there is a vote, I vote that if you use your #1 waiver priority on a FA, you need to wait until the other 11 owners use their waiver spot as well before you can be #1 again.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently i russle feathers, but we changed up in MBBRL baseball this season, so why do we need to follow the RESET rule if it is only MBBRL tradition...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently i russle feathers, but we changed up in MBBRL baseball this season, so why do we need to follow the RESET rule if it is only MBBRL tradition...

Well, this is the "original league", so I don't think that any precedent from the baseball side really applies to this one.

I certainly think a vote would be fair, but I am not even sure who the voters would be.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened last year? I know this was brought up. . Did we decide to keep it reseting, or was the topic brought up in season? Given the responses so far I can't imagine resetting, having survived a vote. I'm all alone on my side of the debate lol.

And yet for three years we've had reseting waivers. Where's the guys who wanted it other than me?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is the "original league", so I don't think that any precedent from the baseball side really applies to this one.

I certainly think a vote would be fair, but I am not even sure who the voters would be.

That's something I've wondered about. I kinda lean toward the members in the A leagues being the ones to hold voting rights on major issues. Another incentive, or perk, if you will. Just a thought.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. obviously the original 12.. but I think all 24 should have a say. And if we need a formal declaration of a vote. .well, here it is. .lol

I've just checked on the league settings. We have 2 options available. .

Reset in inverse order if standings every week
Or
Move to last after claim.

So. . Chime in if you will please

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the first waiver order get determined in the continual rolling list? Is it still worst record to first after week 1?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the first waiver order get determined in the continual rolling list? Is it still worst record to first after week 1?

Or is it reverse order of draft?

I think I would be OK with that. :hope:

If it wasn't clear, my vote is for the rolling list, moving to last after claim.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Been looking for that. . Can't find anything that directly addresses the question. Will keep looking. My assumption is reverse of the Draft order. . Meaning team with pick 12 is #1, pick #1 is 12th in line.

They do specifically address the waiver order after an auction Draft. . Team with most $ after the Draft is awarded #1 waiver priority.