• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. obviously the original 12.. but I think all 24 should have a say. And if we need a formal declaration of a vote. .well, here it is. .lol

I've just checked on the league settings. We have 2 options available. .

Reset in inverse order if standings every week
Or
Move to last after claim.

So. . Chime in if you will please

Correction. ..FAAB is allowed as an option. . So is no waivers. . Meaning entirely first come first served.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 options available. .

Reset in inverse order if standings every week
Or
Move to last after claim.

Sorry guys, I've been gone all day. Tried skimming thru the posts... If I understand correctly, we're voting on new waiver rules? And the two options are above, yet only one (reset) is covered in ESPN's detail here?

Reset Option - I think Monkey hit on it earlier - in that the "claim" goes to the weakest team if multiple claims are put in for the same FA. But once the claims are all processed, everyone has equal access to all the remaining FA.

Move to Last Option - far as I know, this is what happens after a FA claim is processed anyway. The only difference, is if a team hasn't made a FA transaction, the least active owner gets the first crack, and retains the highest waiver value.

My Vote? IDK. I'm tempted to just keep the rules status quo. I'm nostalgic.

If you care to read it I do have a funny FAAB story: About 5 years ago, the IDP league I'm in used FAAB. Everyone had a $500 FA budget. Some guys were bidding $50 and $100 in each transaction early on in the season until they realized that others were getting some FA for $1. I had Michael Vick that season (when he was good). Later in the season I had some kind of problem and needed an emergency replacement, and it just so happened that it was on Vick's bye week. To the shock of everyone, I dropped Vick to pick up a scrub skill player. What no one had realized is that while you cannot see a bid, you can still see their budget. Since I had the most money left in my budget, I knew that I could safely drop Vick, then out bid everyone else to get him back - which I did the following week.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Tlance that the rolling waiver process definitely adds another layer of strategy into the game, and I love it, when compared to the resetting every week.
On the flip side, MBBRL has done the 'reset each week' waiver process in the past, so no harm done if it stays the same, imo.

But if there is a vote, I vote that if you use your #1 waiver priority on a FA, you need to wait until the other 11 owners use their waiver spot as well before you can be #1 again.

Ditto Ditto Ditto...did i say Ditto

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe..Tlance, don't forget FAAB, and no waivers are also an option. I was too quick in listing the potions, there were only 2 on the drop down menu. But the other 2 were available higher up. . Little confusing, but we can do any of the 4

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Treff.

I guess my vote stays the same.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction. ..FAAB is allowed as an option. . So is no waivers. . Meaning entirely first come first served.

My money league WAS first come first served before we went to blind bidding.................now, since I worked nights and had access to a computer it worked out great for me.................the other 11 guys? Not so much; I vote no way on the first come first served as it was for sure an advantage for those who could stay up until 2 AM in the morning. I got Rueben Droughns, the white boy WR for the Titans and his QB that year (god I feel like an idiot not remembering their names) and needless to say I smoked em all........................

Ah shit, Bennett was the WR?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would vote for the change to rolling list, but I would hope the order is set after week one from worst to first. There isn't that big of a difference in draft order for snake drafts, so I don't see why last pick gets first waiver. ...and no, not just saying this because of my spot, or tlance's, or anyone.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened last year? I know this was brought up. . Did we decide to keep it reseting, or was the topic brought up in season? Given the responses so far I can't imagine resetting, having survived a vote. I'm all alone on my side of the debate lol.

And yet for three years we've had reseting waivers. Where's the guys who wanted it other than me?[/QUOTE]

Treff - I could very well be wrong on this but I do not think non-resetting was an option available on CBS free leagues were we started. I don't think it is for their pay leagues either - - unless it is a private pay league. In other words, it was do it their way or no way. Last year I do not think it was brought up when we switched to ESPN - - if you remember it was sort of a scramble getting things going and no one really thought about it.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Bennett & Volek.

Was confusing Bennett with the Jag's Matt Jones.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treff - I could very well be wrong on this but I do not think non-resetting was an option available on CBS free leagues were we started. I don't think it is for their pay leagues either - - unless it is a private pay league. In other words, it was do it their way or no way. Last year I do not think it was brought up when we switched to ESPN - - if you remember it was sort of a scramble getting things going and no one really thought about it.

^ This ^

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or is it reverse order of draft?

I think I would be OK with that. :hope:

If it wasn't clear, my vote is for the rolling list, moving to last after claim.

Same here. .....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would vote for the change to rolling list, but I would hope the order is set after week one from worst to first. There isn't that big of a difference in draft order for snake drafts, so I don't see why last pick gets first waiver. ...and no, not just saying this because of my spot, or tlance's, or anyone.

the only problem with starting with last place, is that it is week one in a H2H, Losing a week on purpose to get that first pick is a possibility...

I really think the first waiver should go to the middle of the Draft, since that is arguably the worst draft position to have... Lets say start at the 6...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ya that sounds familiar, and makes total sense.

Vote total thus far,... I think. ...
Rolling 5
Reset 2
FAAB 0
No waivers 0

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can manually adjust the waiver position, so if moving to not resetting weekly, I suggest the initial waiver position be in reverse order of last year's record (tip o' the cap to the NFL) - with the former B Leaguers using their B League record and former A Leaguers using their A League record.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spiller, this isn't the bush leagues. . No one is throwing a game to get top waiver claim.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only problem with starting with last place, is that it is week one in a H2H, Losing a week on purpose to get that first pick is a possibility...

IMO, if an owner is already cutting players after week 1, then said owner didn't prepare well. Not every player starts out "hot." Plus willing to slice and dice for this year's version of Frisman Jackson after a great week 1 performance just brings more frustration in the long run.

I really like Sam's point. Not everyone can sit at their computer waiting to snag a top FA. So I still like the idea of a claim system, i.e. the way the league settings are currently.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can manually adjust the waiver position, so if moving to not resetting weekly, I suggest the initial waiver position be in reverse order of last year's record (tip o' the cap to the NFL) - with the former B Leaguers using their B League record and former A Leaguers using their A League record.

Yes we can, and that sounds like a perfectly fine compromise on the initial setting

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah milk, be my guest, lose on purpose in week one to pick up Eddie Royal! This isn't baseball, one loss is five away from missing the playoffs.