• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the rolling waiver option, and do that in all of my leagues where possible.

Resetting it each week is for rookies, imo. Works great for a league where the majority are non-competitive.

I like the fact that you have to use better judgement on who you snag from waivers when you don't just get the top pick again for being bad.

I agree except for bye week replacements for defense and kicker. They should not affect waiverwire. There would need to be a free agent period too that does not affect the waiver wire.
Don't remember if we use this anyway.

Just throwing out one more suggestion, not trying to change things.

One of my leagues uses an auction type thing for free agents. We all get 200 units, and you bid for the free agent you want. It is a closed auction so nobody knows what the winning bid is until it's won. Tie goes to the team worse in standings.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree except for bye week replacements for defense and kicker. They should not affect waiverwire. There would need to be a free agent period too that does not affect the waiver wire.

One of my leagues uses an auction type thing for free agents. We all get 200 units, and you bid for the free agent you want. It is a closed auction so nobody knows what the winning bid is until it's won. Tie goes to the team worse in standings.

That's not even a possibility in a free espn league.. and if it were I'd still disagree

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow my dissenting post isn't shown. .. oh well.

I disagree with those thus far. .The worst team record wise should always have first pick. .As for it being for rookies. ..well that's how the real NFL does it. . Presumptuous for us to think we know what we're doing beget than they do.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm pretty sure you can. Just pick up those bye week player following the waiver period and before the next. Someone correct me if this is wrong but - Believe you can do pretty much whatever you want as far as picking up and dropping guys between waiver periods without it affecting your waiver position.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, Lefty - once waivers run, you can pick up whoever you want, first-come, first-serve. So if you want to swap Ks at the last second, no problem.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right, Lefty - once waivers run, you can pick up whoever you want, first-come, first-serve. So if you want to swap Ks at the last second, no problem.

Yes that's correct. But if using the waiver system, Milk's suggestion would have to be implemented manually. .. not something I'm wanting to do.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow my dissenting post isn't shown. .. oh well.

I disagree with those thus far. .The worst team record wise should always have first pick. .As for it being for rookies. ..well that's how the real NFL does it. . Presumptuous for us to think we know what we're doing beget than they do.

I guess I dissent your dissent. I don't think good teams should be penalized for being good, and the element of strategy in when to jump or stand put is lost. As for the real NFL, record only comes into play once a year - not every week of the season. .....
Anyway, I don't really care but I think we are losing an element of strategy having the order reset each week. .... Either way, I fully expect to be bit in the a$$ for bringing it up regardless how it goes.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I dissent your dissent. I don't think good teams should be penalized for being good, and the element of strategy in when to jump or stand put is lost. As for the real NFL, record only comes into play once a year - not every week of the season. .....
Anyway, I don't really care but I think we are losing an element of strategy having the order reset each week. .... Either way, I fully expect to be bit in the a$$ for bringing it up regardless how it goes.

Lol.. well I won't be biting your ass... granted I've been a bit negative lately, for good reason. I honestly don't feel all the strongly one way or the other. That's just my opinion on it, and the other way is perfectly fine as well.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just occurred to me tout probably meant getting bit in the as during the season. .... oh well

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the waiver thing, Treff is right in terms of NFL process - but the available players in the NFL are never very exciting (unless they were put on waivers for salary reasons).

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the only good thing about Marshawn Lynch being a pain in the ass (1st round suicide pick thank you very much) and threatening to hold out is it's making my Coma team that much better since I drafted Christine Michael in that one for this exact reason. At least then I can have some level of happiness regardless how this ends up going.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.. well I won't be biting your ass... granted I've been a bit negative lately, for good reason. I honestly don't feel all the strongly one way or the other. That's just my opinion on it, and the other way is perfectly fine as well.

I'm sure everyone will agree with that !!!!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the only good thing about Marshawn Lynch being a pain in the ass (1st round suicide pick thank you very much) and threatening to hold out is it's making my Coma team that much better since I drafted Christine Michael in that one for this exact reason. At least then I can have some level of happiness regardless how this ends up going.

I did the same thing in suicide and coma.

Took Doug Martin in suicide, took Chris sims in coma. If Martin is good. That is good for suicide. If he is bad then that is good for coma.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a thread on the coma and suicide; I see you guys talking about it a lot but wondering what the rules actually are

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some threads, but in a nutshell:

Suicide - Same as MBBRL but no flex, no transactions allowed, and a very early draft (Milk added a second suicide league due to interest)

Coma (Suicide Sleepers) - Same as Suicide, but you can't draft any of the players drafted in the Suicide (only six teams)

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure others have already stated this, but the waiver period ends on Wednesday each week, typically very early in the AM as long as ESPN servers aren't F'd up.

After the waiver period ends, you have the same right to claim any player available as anyone else. That's not counting any players that were dropped that day, there is a different waiver process for players that are dropped for FAs that are claimed through waivers, and it lasts for 2 days, I believe.

So, if there is a defense that you really want that week, you might want to use your waiver position to get them, if you think they will be a difference maker (ie - see Cheifs DST last season).
But if you wait until Wednesday morning, those additions won't change anything with waiver order, and you can make as many add/drops as you want.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for Lefty's suggestion. I hate the waiver order resetting each week.

Either rolling waivers or FAAB is the way to go. Honestly though, for this group, FAAB might be best if that is available. Everyone is on equal footing and it adds even one more layer of strategy. After playing a couple FAAB leagues last year, I am convinced there is no better way to play.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FAAB is tied to auction leagues, IMO, but probably not offered in freebies anyway.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am all for Lefty's suggestion. I hate the waiver order resetting each week.

Either rolling waivers or FAAB is the way to go. Honestly though, for this group, FAAB might be best if that is available. Everyone is on equal footing and it adds even one more layer of strategy. After playing a couple FAAB leagues last year, I am convinced there is no better way to play.

:agree:

In my money league we have tried everything imaginable and this has been the best by far. We start with $50 and once it's gone it's gone.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I'd love to try...would also like an auction league..haven't been in one since Fred Taylor's rookie year, and it was just the one season. Too hard to fit anymore in...although I could abandon my keeper league which tends to have a few dead owners.