• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the work Wil puts into this league full of Interwebs fellas, it's a testament to his character. He doesn't have to do this but I believe everyone loves his write-ups and stats. Sooo, I propose he's one of these guys….

fantasyfootballdraftboard_t_shirt.jpg

fantasyfootballdraftboard_t_shirt_large_sizes.jpg

LOL

Either way, he's got a hot chick in his arm to make it all worthwhile. Tell me it's like this at home bro? :)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they say, you cant win it at draft day, but you can lose it... Well i definitely lost it on draft day... was never able to compensate for drafting a running back trio of david wilson, giovani benard and darryl richardson as my top 3 RBs... Not to mention losing julio Jones... twas a tough year for team marsupials...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the work Wil puts into this league full of Interwebs fellas, it's a testament to his character. He doesn't have to do this but I believe everyone loves his write-ups and stats. Sooo, I propose he's one of these guys….

fantasyfootballdraftboard_t_shirt.jpg

fantasyfootballdraftboard_t_shirt_large_sizes.jpg

LOL

Either way, he's got a hot chick in his arm to make it all worthwhile. Tell me it's like this at home bro? :)

Meh, Will can and probably has better.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta confess, I did very well. Still trying to deserve it.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil, this has been the most fun fantasy league I've ever been in. Thanks for it, and I can't wait 'til next year!

I see a Barbarian uprising in the future...:nod:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi-Finals

A League

Lefty - 21 pts, 8 to play vs. wilwhite - 4 pts, 8 to play
Lefty
Peyton - 21
Andre Brown - Sun 1:00
Ogbannaya - Sun 1:00
Nelson - Sun 4:25
Gordon - Sun 1:00
J. Graham - Sun 4:25
Spiller - Sun 1:00
Panthers - Sun 4:05
Hauschka - Sun 1:00
(Bench: Shorts, K. Wright, FJAX, Ivory, Browns)

wilwhite
Stafford - Mon 8:30
Moreno - 4
Rice - Mon 8:30 (maybe Reggie)
Marshall - Sun 1:00
G. Jennings - Sun 1:00
Gio - Sun 8:30
Saints - Sun 4:25
Gostkowski - Sun 1:00
(Bench: Reggie, Russell Wilson, Mike Wallace, Thompkins, Steelers)

Treff - 4 pts, 8 to play vs. Tlance - 3 pts, 8 to play
Treff
Cam - Sun 4:05
Tate - Sun 1:00
Joique - Mon 8:30
H. Douglas - Sun 1:00
Decker - 4
Cameron - Sun 1:00
Pitta - Mon 8:30
Jags - Sun 1:00
Walsh - Sun 1:00
(Bench: Boldin, MJD, DWill, DMC, Tavon)

Tlance
Brady - Sun 1:00
McCoy - Sun 1:00
Charles - Sun 4:05
Garcon - Sun 1:00
Cooper - Sun 1:00
Witten - Sun 4:25
Woodhead - 3
Lions - Mon 8:30
Henery - Sun 1:00
(Bench: Hilton, Bryce Brown, Montee, Crabtree, Todman)

B League

Microwahevo 4 pts, 8 to play vs. Barilko 0 pts, 9 to play
Microwahevo
Stafford - Mon 8:30
Moreno - 4
Forte - Sun 1:00
DJAX - Sun 1:00
Megatron - Mon - 8:30
C. Clay - Sun 1:00
Le'Veon - Sun 8:30
Jags - Sun 1:00
Dawson - Sun 1:00
(Bench: Joique, Foles, Bowe, Roddy, G. Graham)

Barilko
Big Ben - Sun 8:30
SJAX - Sun 1:00
DeMarco - Sun 4:25
Dez - Sun 4:25
Jeffery - Sun 1:00
J. Graham - Sun 4:25
Stacy - Sun 4:25
Steelers - Sun 8:30
Bryant - Sun 1:00
(Bench: Garcon, Tate, McCown, Pitta, Jets)

Bandit 18 pts, 8 to play vs. HaroldSeattle 0 pts, 9 to play
Bandit
Brees - Sun 4:25
Charles - Sun 4:05
Mathews - 18
Fitz - Sun 4:25
Gordon - Sun 1:00
Olsen - Sun 4:05
Reggie - Mon 8:30
Cards - Sun 4:25
Hartley - Sun 4:25
(Bench: Mendy, Nelson, H. Douglas, Witten, Rams)

HaroldSeattle
Wilson - Sun 1:00
Lynch - Sun 1:00
Gerhart - Sun 1:00
K. Wright - Sun 4:25
Edelman - Sun 1:00
Heath Miller - Sun 8:30
Hartline - Sun 1:00
Seahawks - Sun 1:00
Hauschka - Sun 1:00
(Bench: Frenchie, TRich, Michael Floyd, Cotchery, Flacco)

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Chef. Those pesky Barbarians never leave the gates alone....

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate you doing that Wil I know it was extra work. So, this is the players that both the A league and the B league have in common in the playoffs:

QB - Stafford & R. Wilson (Interesting that only one Brees and one Manning)

RB - K. Moreno, R. Bush, J. Charles, J. Bell, B. Tate (only one McCoy, one Lynch, and one Forte, no A.P. & no Gore) Also an interesting note, only 3 of the 8 starting running backs in the A league playoffs were even the projected starters on their own teams at the beginning of the season. So much for the running backs early winning you championships theory.

WR - J. Gordon, J. Nelson, H. Douglas (only one Calvin, one Marshall, one Alshon, one DJax, one Dez) That means no A.J. Green, no Demaryius Thomas, & no Andre Johnson)

TE - J. Graham, J. Witten, D. Pitta (no Julius Thomas surprises me)

DEF - Jaguars (yes I'm sure this is just a matchup thing for this week, but still it's very funny to think that this is the only defense both leagues have in common when you think how bad they were at the beginning of this year)

So, interestingly enough, it's pretty easy to see the reason I have been so successful this year. Of the 12 legitimate starters that are in both league's playoffs (I'm excluding the Jags D, & D. Pitta) 6 of them are on my team - Bush, Charles, Gordon, Nelson, Douglas, & Witten.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot my own TE - Quarless.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate you doing that Wil I know it was extra work. So, this is the players that both the A league and the B league have in common in the playoffs:

QB - Stafford & R. Wilson (Interesting that only one Brees and one Manning)

RB - K. Moreno, R. Bush, J. Charles, J. Bell, B. Tate (only one McCoy, one Lynch, and one Forte, no A.P. & no Gore) Also an interesting note, only 3 of the 8 starting running backs in the A league playoffs were even the projected starters on their own teams at the beginning of the season. So much for the running backs early winning you championships theory.

WR - J. Gordon, J. Nelson, H. Douglas (only one Calvin, one Marshall, one Alshon, one DJax, one Dez) That means no A.J. Green, no Demaryius Thomas, & no Andre Johnson)

TE - J. Graham, J. Witten, D. Pitta (no Julius Thomas surprises me)

DEF - Jaguars (yes I'm sure this is just a matchup thing for this week, but still it's very funny to think that this is the only defense both leagues have in common when you think how bad they were at the beginning of this year)

So, interestingly enough, it's pretty easy to see the reason I have been so successful this year. Of the 12 legitimate starters that are in both league's playoffs (I'm excluding the Jags D, & D. Pitta) 6 of them are on my team - Bush, Charles, Gordon, Nelson, Douglas, & Witten.

I think what this data illustrates is the importance of depth and a well balanced team. We all had picks that did not work out as we planned, but it is how you move forward and adapt (along with a dose of luck) that determines the ultimate success of your team.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what this data illustrates is the importance of depth and a well balanced team. We all had picks that did not work out as we planned, but it is how you move forward and adapt (along with a dose of luck) that determines the ultimate success of your team.

You are right tlance 100 percent but I hate having value on my bench just sitting there wasting away doing nothing so i like to condense all my player's value into the best possible starting line up. Then if a player goes down I can always trade a stud to make up the lack of depth when needed.

That's just how i like to play it. Always having the best possible starting line and the worst possible bench.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right tlance 100 percent but I hate having value on my bench just sitting there wasting away doing nothing so i like to condense all my player's value into the best possible starting line up. Then if a player goes down I can always trade a stud to make up the lack of depth when needed.

That's just how i like to play it. Always having the best possible starting line and the worst possible bench.

Foot based on that thinking if a stud goes down you are then down 2 studs..because as you stated you will trade a stud..

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GL Treff.

I keep going back and forth on my QB decision. I am now leaning towards Cutler, although I know it is a gamble. I just see the Pats scoring on the ground today.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct. But for me I like it the best. I like rolling the dice and allocating all my talent in order to put forward the strongest line up possible. Depth is important but wins are more important. Plus I like condensing players to free up bench space so I can go rummaging through the waiver wire for the next possible break out player who can turn into more value which I can in turn condense with a current starter to make an even stronger line up and thus continuing the cycle.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's merit to that. . But awfully dicey. Not only is it thin through bye weeks, and susceptible to disaster when injury strikes. But all those points you don't want to see on your bench? Now They're in your opponents starting lineup. Ya it'll work, but it's not that great for sustained success

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GL Treff.

I keep going back and forth on my QB decision. I am now leaning towards Cutler, although I know it is a gamble. I just see the Pats scoring on the ground today.

Same to you Tlance! And in all honesty, I'd roll with Brady. As fragile as Cutler's psyche is, all this talk about cutting him lose at years end and rolling with McCown might just cause him to crawl into his little shell and suck donkey nuts, He's never really struck me as the type that responses to criticism with one of those "oh yea? watch this!" types of performances.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same to you Tlance! And in all honesty, I'd roll with Brady. As fragile as Cutler's psyche is, all this talk about cutting him lose at years end and rolling with McCown might just cause him to crawl into his little shell and suck donkey nuts, He's never really struck me as the type that responses to criticism with one of those "oh yea? watch this!" types of performances.

Yeah. I really want to start Cutler, but I can't. He could go for 30, but he could also get pulled before halftime if he doesn't play well.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to all of the MBBRL playoff teams: A and B leagues, Suicide League and Coma League.