• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - unfortunately I had Stafford as my QB in my $$$ league. Rivers on the bench. .... now barring 51pts combined from Forte/Marshall/Dez I'm toast (or is it frozen). .....

My wife was leaving town on Sunday so I was making sure her car was fit for travel until after the early games started. Missed the snow in Detroit game and left in Stafford. Would have subbed Dalton. Lost by 9 points. Most points, best record, out in first round.
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife was leaving town on Sunday so I was making sure her car was fit for travel until after the early games started. Missed the snow in Detroit game and left in Stafford. Would have subbed Dalton. Lost by 9 points. Most points, best record, out in first round.
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Well, I fell 8 pts short and am out as well. .....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of Regular Season Report

Four Musketeers And A Triple Crown

The_Three_Musketeers.jpg

Lefty, Treff, Tlance and wilwhite have made the A League playoffs and will battle it out to reach Superbowl III and take a spot alongside DUB and Fuzzy as MBBRL A League champions.

Lefty won the Breakdown Title, the Points Title, and with wilwhite’s loss also secured the Top Seed, to win the first MBBRL A League Triple Crown. Props to Lefty on a historic achievement.

A note on the four playoff teams:
  • Lefty was the runner-up last year, after a tough luck 7-7 season in Year 1
  • Treff was a league-worst 4-10 in Year 1 and turned it around to dominate the regular season and take third place last year
  • wilwhite is making his first playoff appearance, having gone 6-8 and 7-6-1 the first two years
  • Tlance won the B League last year in his first try

Bandit Moves Up

Bandit emphatically clinched the B-League Breakdown Title with a league-high 158. Welcome to the A League, Bandit.

Barbarians Fall Short

The Barbarians had come within 74-points last week, but instead of making up more ground this week, they fell 22 points farther behind. Only two teams will move in relegation.

Final Tally
Keepers of the Flame: 15987 (95.2 average score)
Barbarians at the Gate: 15889 (94.6 average score)

In a battle within the battle, though, Bandit’s 158 closed the gap on his father and he stole the cross-league single-team points lead, 1614-1596. Next year’s gonna be interesting when father-and-son badasses end up facing each other. Might they be in the same division?

Sam & TKO Partners in Sadness

TKO did his part to make the playoffs, beating A-League titan Lefty 126-107 to get to 8-6. But he needed wilwhite to beat Treff - last-minute switches of Stafford and Reggie for Wilson and Gio would have done it, but it didn't happen as wilwhite was enjoying a late breakfast and didn’t see the crazy Philly snow until after kickoff. (Sorry, TKO!)

TKO's troubles, though, really go back to his Week 2 87-86 loss to Monkey, when any number of lineup changes would have given him the win then, and a playoff berth today.

At least TKO had someone driving the team he needed a win from this week – poor Sam needed helped from Duff, from whom no help was coming.

Good seasons for both – equally good, in fact, as they came out dead even at 25 points in power ranking (one ahead of playoff-bound Treff).

Making A Point

TKO isn’t the only one to rue a one-point loss that kept him out of the playoffs. Just last week JDM fell to Micro 111-110. Tough season for an explosive team – third in breakdown and third in points, but in a bruising division and out of the playoffs.

Monkey Dropping

It’s been clear for a while that Duff was heading for relegation, but the second spot was still in play between Ram and Monkey, who were facing each other. Monkey needed a little more than just a win, but Ram kept the win out of reach, 118-114. Monkey now has to fight his way back up.

Moving Up

So the B League champ and an at-large spot will move up. Bandit has already secured the at-large spot with his breakdown victory. However if Bandit wins the championship, that will open up the at-large spot to the next team, which is Micro for securing Top Seed. So the second spot goes to Micro if either he or Bandit wins the championship. Barilko or HaroldSeattle can only join Bandit in the A League by winning the championship.

HaroldSeattle is Tim Tebow circa 2011, with a sub-.500 breakdown record and a below-average PF, but has mastered the art of winning the games he needs.

At the other end of the spectrum is the seeming-dominant Bandit who somehow ends up with more than his share of losses.

Barilko comes charging into the playoffs just the way you want to, posting team-highs for the season the past two weeks.

JDM, at 10-4 and with wins against all three of the other playoff teams already in the books, may be more vulnerable than he appears, having gone 2-1 the last three weeks but both wins coming by a single point. He came within a couple of eyelashes of ending up 8-6 and out of the playoffs.

Final Standings

Keepers of the Flame

Barbarians at the Gate

Good season guys (except for Duff - fare thee well, our Homer-chemist friend; hope you didn't go all Walter White, and good luck wherever you are - and some spotty participation from TK and dblake). Another rough season for Joe, an unlucky season for Fuzzies (6-8 but 80-73-1 in breakdown), solid year from Sam and a first sub-par year for Scape. Ram underperformed, considering how he smacked the B league around last year (blame the kid, Ram). Good contributions from Chef, Sox and MilkSpiller (to get a word in for them), you guys made the MBBRL better - and special mention to Foot, looks like something during the change from CBS to SportsHoopla has done him good - a solid member this year. (Okay, Sam, run with that one...)

...and on to the Playoffs! :fencing:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks (yet again!) for all of the extra time and effort put into all of this wilwhite - another fun year in the books!

and GL to all the playoff teams!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The_Three_Musketeers.jpg

Lefty, Treff, Tlance and wilwhite have made the A League playoffs and will battle it out to reach Superbowl III and take a spot alongside DUB and Fuzzy as MBBRL A League champions.

Lefty won the Breakdown Title, the Points Title, and with wilwhite’s loss also secured the Top Seed, to win the first MBBRL A League Triple Crown. Props to Lefty on a historic achievement.

• Treff was a league-worst 4-10 in Year 1 and turned it around to dominate the regular season and take third place last year
  • wilwhite is making his first playoff appearance, having gone 6-8 and 7-6-1 the first two years

Bandit Moves Up

Bandit emphatically clinched the B-League Breakdown Title with a league-high 158. Welcome to the A League, Bandit.

Barbarians Fall Short

The Barbarians had come within 74-points last week, but instead of making up more ground this week, they fell 22 points farther behind. Only two teams will move in relegation.

Final Tally

In a battle within the battle, though, Bandit’s 158 closed the gap on his father and he stole the cross-league single-team points lead, 1614-1596. Next year’s gonna be interesting when father-and-son badasses end up facing each other. Might they be in the same division?

TKO did his part to make the playoffs, beating A-League titan Lefty 126-107 to get to 8-6. But he needed wilwhite to beat Treff - last-minute switches of Stafford and Reggie for Wilson and Gio would have done it, but it didn't happen as wilwhite was enjoying a late breakfast and didn’t see the crazy Philly snow until after kickoff. (Sorry, TKO!)

TKO's troubles, though, really go back to his Week 2 87-86 loss to Monkey, when any number of lineup changes would have given him the win then, and a playoff berth today.

At least TKO had someone driving the team he needed a win from this week – poor Sam needed helped from Duff, from whom no help was coming.

Good seasons for both – equally good, in fact, as they came out dead even at 25 points in power ranking (one ahead of playoff-bound Treff).

Making A Point

TKO isn’t the only one to rue a one-point loss that kept him out of the playoffs. Just last week JDM fell to Micro 111-110. Tough season for an explosive team – third in breakdown and third in points, but in a bruising division and out of the playoffs.

Monkey Dropping

It’s been clear for a while that Duff was heading for relegation, but the second spot was still in play between Ram and Monkey, who were facing each other. Monkey needed a little more than just a win, but Ram kept the win out of reach, 118-114. Monkey now has to fight his way back up.

Moving Up

So the B League champ and an at-large spot will move up. Bandit has already secured the at-large spot with his breakdown victory. However if Bandit wins the championship, that will open up the at-large spot to the next team, which is Micro for securing Top Seed. So the second spot goes to Micro if either he or Bandit wins the championship. Barilko or HaroldSeattle can only join Bandit in the A League by winning the championship.

HaroldSeattle is Tim Tebow circa 2011, with a sub-.500 breakdown record and a below-average PF, but has mastered the art of winning the games he needs.

At the other end of the spectrum is the seeming-dominant Bandit who somehow ends up with more than his share of losses.

Barilko comes charging into the playoffs just the way you want to, posting team-highs for the season the past two weeks.

JDM, at 10-4 and with wins against all three of the other playoff teams already in the books, may be more vulnerable than he appears, having gone 2-1 the last three weeks but both wins coming by a single point. He came within a couple of eyelashes of ending up 8-6 and out of the playoffs.

Final Standings

Keepers of the Flame

Barbarians at the Gate

Good season guys (except for Duff - fare thee well, our Homer-chemist friend; hope you didn't go all Walter White, and good luck wherever you are - and some spotty participation from TK and dblake). Another rough season for Joe, an unlucky season for Fuzzies (6-8 but 80-73-1 in breakdown), solid year from Sam and a first sub-par year for Scape. Ram underperformed, considering how he smacked the B league around last year (blame the kid, Ram). Good contributions from Chef, Sox and MilkSpiller (to get a word in for them), you guys made the MBBRL better - and special mention to Foot, looks like something during the change from CBS to SportsHoopla has done him good - a solid member this year. (Okay, Sam, run with that one...)

This is rapidly becoming my favorite league.....................and I've been in that keeper/money league 15-16 years. Now on to the Suicide League playoffs................................
P.S. He's always been a member (didn't think I'd let that one go did ya?). Just kidding Foot, you have surely changed.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One win or an R U Kidding me loss away from taking the Coma league! Lol! Suicide team has been dead for at least 5 weeks now. .bah!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just kidding Foot, you have surely changed.

Granted I've only sporadically read any of the B thread. . But I wholeheartedly second this. Been a nice surprise to see Foot a little more down to earth, yet still keeping his head just enough in the clouds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil,

Thanks for everything. It has been a great season thanks in no small part to your efforts. Good luck in the playoffs (at least this week:suds:)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil - as always a masterful job in administering the MBBRL. I can't wait for the weekly synopsis - it has become a highlight in my day.
As we prepare to do head to head battle, I wish you good luck. I find it interesting that at least three of my losses came on the same week as yours - thus preventing you from moving ahead in the standings. Since it appears ours teams are in-synch, this should be a epic battle. I'm seeing 146 to 147 - - or if both teams decide to take a break 85 - 84.
Either way, close.

I also want to say what a great experience it is each year to be a part of this fellowship. You each are a credit to fantasy football since the knowledge base is tremendous. Great gentlemen, one and all - it is a pleasure year round.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wowsa Wil...there is no way that i can say it any better than all the boys above...:clap:

my fave league also..... MMBRL rules thanks Wil...

Here is to the possibility of two more wins:suds:
and the A league...

hey it is MB Bragging RL is it not.....:rollseyes:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The_Three_Musketeers.jpg

Bandit Moves Up

Barbarians Fall Short

Final Tally

Making A Point

Monkey Dropping

Moving Up

Final Standings

Keepers of the Flame

Barbarians at the Gate

I'm the Tim Tebow of the league?:lol: Well as a newbie here and to FF I must admit to trying to fake my way thru and be competitive. Looks like I'll be in the playoffs....I have no idea how that works, so I'll need some enlightenment.

I think we all enjoy your weekly report, it adds a lot fun to the board. Seems to be a bunch of good guys here, I've really enjoyed being a part of this league.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I Went Wrong

Joe's Windy City Sloths
Here is my personal assessment of my MBBRL team in the KOTF. I went 5-9 (.357) but I lost 4 games by 3 points or less, so given a few good bounces I could have been 9-5.

Looking back on the draft (I picked 12th), picking Green and Forte #1 and #2 were the best parts of my team. Especially since I traded A.J. Green for both Stacy and Fitzgerald in early October. But then my draft went downhill fast...

David (Fumblitis) Wilson, Colston, Ivory and James Jones were my next 4 picks. Awful. Then came Romo (#7) and Olsen (#8) which were steady contributors. But then picks #9 through #13 turned out to be more guano. Those last 5 barely made it through September before becoming free agent fodder.

Summary
Four solid picks and no other depth did not help. (I may need to fire my GM.) Once again, this league was one of the fantasy highlights. You guys are great. All of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Wil what is written here is a testament to how much everyone appreciates what you've done and do every week. I personally have been impressed by you for a very long time for whatever that is worth to you. Your undeniable love for this league and these guys is why all of us respond this way and I just want to second every word that has been said about you.

Next, to everyone who has known me since the CBS days and has noticed a change in me. Looking back I think when I first noticed the boards I was still relatively new to fantasy only a few years in. I had some early success and it made a bee line strait to my head. I though I knew everything about it.

I never felt like I was being offensive and I mean that truly. I honestly believed I was being an asset, an interesting read, and that was the feedback I was getting form some people so I kept it up. Honestly, I even had a few people tell me privately I was the reason they kept reading the thread and I drew them in.

But when I caught up with you guys here and read how many negative comments there were about me from you guys who I enjoyed talking to so much I realized I was doing something wrong. And you guys meant to much to me to walk away so I decided to forget about trying to get attention and instead just be myself. That is the truth.

The more I got to know each of you over the years the more I really liked the people that you are. We all have a lot in common and I think it goes way deeper than just having fantasy football in common. One thing great about the internet. "Like" people tend to find each other easier on the web.

I consider all of you my friends even though I never met any of you face to face. I would love if one day we could all get together, maybe even make a yearly thing. Anyway, thanks guys I look forward to the Holidays and hope you all do well in all the leagues you are still in. A special mention goes to Treff. Thanks for everything!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, Wil what is written here is a testament to how much everyone appreciates what you've done and do every week. I personally have been impressed by you for a very long time for whatever that is worth to you. Your undeniable love for this league and these guys is why all of us respond this way and I just want to second every word that has been said about you.

Next, to everyone who has known me since the CBS days and has noticed a change in me. Looking back I think when I first noticed the boards I was still relatively new to fantasy only a few years in. I had some early success and it made a bee line strait to my head. I though I knew everything about it.

I never felt like I was being offensive and I mean that truly. I honestly believed I was being an asset, an interesting read, and that was the feedback I was getting form some people so I kept it up. Honestly, I even had a few people tell me privately I was the reason they kept reading the thread and I drew them in.

But when I caught up with you guys here and read how many negative comments there were about me from you guys who I enjoyed talking to so much I realized I was doing something wrong. And you guys meant to much to me to walk away so I decided to forget about trying to get attention and instead just be myself. That is the truth.

The more I got to know each of you over the years the more I really liked the people that you are. We all have a lot in common and I think it goes way deeper than just having fantasy football in common. One thing great about the internet. "Like" people tend to find each other easier on the web.

I consider all of you my friends even though I never met any of you face to face. I would love if one day we could all get together, maybe even make a yearly thing. Anyway, thanks guys I look forward to the Holidays and hope you all do well in all the leagues you are still in. A special mention goes to Treff. Thanks for everything!

:suds::suds::suds: You Bet Foot You Bet....:clap::clap::clap:

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil awesome work all year buddy!!! Always a fantastic read!! And yes the kids 2 blame along with the injury bug most of my team endured this year.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck 2 everyone in the playoffs and also for those who r in the playoffs in your other money leagues!!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, guys. And I mentioned this on the suicide league thread but it's worth repeating here:

Ram's suicide team posted the fifth highest score in the entire MBBRL universe - A League and B League included. And he did it with AP as his only active RB in weeks 2-9, and Cobb and Britt out so he couldn't cover his WR byes. He scored the fifth-highest total in all the leagues, and he did it while taking 14 zeroes. 14. Fourteen. Quatorze. Четырнадцать. 56/4. The age of consent in Alabama. Tebow's career fumbles. You get the idea.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, guys. And I mentioned this on the suicide league thread but it's worth repeating here:

Ram's suicide team posted the fifth highest score in the entire MBBRL universe - A League and B League included. And he did it with AP as his only active RB in weeks 2-9, and Cobb and Britt out so he couldn't cover his WR byes. He scored the fifth-highest total in all the leagues, and he did it while taking 14 zeroes. 14. Fourteen. Quatorze. Четырнадцать. 56/4. The age of consent in Alabama. Tebow's career fumbles. You get the idea.

Wow I would've settled for 10+4