• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but I don't think the market is going to be there for Gordon like he was hoping it would. I think Detroit could end up getting him for around $8M a year. I know Zeke just signed for $15M a year and Bell a year ago signed for $13.5M a year, but Gordon isn't on their level and I don't think teams are confident that he will hold up over the course of a big contract.

Having a real running game can do wonders to help a defense out. Also help the QB out a lot too.
This is what I'm thinking too and why the Fins may sniff around. They should be on the lookout for any deals to fill the holes. Draft the rest.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has so much bigger needs though. We need a DT, a DE, a CB, a LB who can drop in coverage, a safety.

Even $8 million on a RB is a luxury in today’s NFL. Personally — I see Gordon as a name brand, but he hasn’t performed much better than off brand RB’s. The guy has averaged over 4.0 YPC once in his career with SD. He has only run for 1,000 yards once. Not worth the money it will take to sign him, IMO.

Id much rather Detroit wait and draft a RB. Use the FA money to upgrade the defense.

I don't know. If I were a Lions fan I would have no faith in their ability to draft a RB. Similar to how as an Eagles fan I don't have a lot of faith in their ability to draft a quality WR or CB/S. I get you have a lot of other needs but I think that is where you use the draft for. You have a defensive minded HC, let him and the FO draft guys he feels he can develop on the side of the ball of his supposed expertise.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is in a tough spot...most playoff ready teams don't have top of the market money to spend on a RB....Much like Bell last year...if he wants top of the of the market money, but's going to be on a team not likely to make the playoffs.

One team that has some cap cash that he could impact in a positive way quickly...Tampa Bay...Idk if he's enough to get them into Jan football, but they are close enough in the DIV that he can make them a contender.

Tampa's a good spot. Fix the o-line and get a QB that won't turnover the ball at a rapid pace, they could get into the playoffs. They do have weapons on offense.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh they are going to have around 100 M in cap and need some players. Do you not think that they will sign a few... should be interesting.

Yes they will sign a few players but the FO needs to spend it wisely by not handing out bad contracts.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the choices they make pan out. I know you will always have 1 or 2 that don't turn out, but need to keep that to minimum.
realistically most draft choices dont "turn out" for all teams. Avg lifespan of an NFL player is what 3 years? Depends on what you define as pans out . 75% of all draftees make an NFL rosters. After the first 24 picks the chances of having a 5 year career plummet, and continue to plummet with each pick.After round three its wayyyyyyyyy down there......I tried explaining this to others.........Yes guys make it that are drafted later.......but the chances of hitting are small. Go review drafts........Really look at guys that are out of the league, its shocking

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better take your meds you make absolutely no sense. Are you not able to read anymore maybe take your time before you post more nonsense....

So what you're trying to claim is because you said those things a couple years ago they're no longer relevant?

Who cares when you said them? You said them tweedled dummy.

Have you ever thought about politics?

Keep spinning.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh they are going to have around 100 M in cap and need some players. Do you not think that they will sign a few... should be interesting.

Can you not even keep up with your own conversations?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i asked u how he regressed, then you couldnt remember what you said two posts........jesus , you wonder why i say you spew crap and then dont come back or remember it......

You literally never asked how he regressed.

And regressed is your word. His production, which wasn't all world to begin with, took a step back in his second year.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And regressed is your word. His production, which wasn't all world to begin with, took a step back in his second year.

Rookie year looks pretty good while splitting time

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. If I were a Lions fan I would have no faith in their ability to draft a RB. Similar to how as an Eagles fan I don't have a lot of faith in their ability to draft a quality WR or CB/S. I get you have a lot of other needs but I think that is where you use the draft for. You have a defensive minded HC, let him and the FO draft guys he feels he can develop on the side of the ball of his supposed expertise.
As a Lion fan, I want to see the GM and HC fired.

Nothing else really matters.

But they'll trade their best defensive player for a third rounder before that happens. These idiots traded up for Johnson.

I want to see a trade down and draft Jeudy personally. The defensive is going to be bottom third at best anyway, outscoring people is atleast exciting.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It definitely was a lesser performance.

He was very disappointing when on the field. And it wasn't the lack of Stafford. KJ only played about 50 snaps without his QB last year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tot
Yes they will sign a few players but the FO needs to spend it wisely by not handing out bad contracts.
Totally agree but he may go a lot lower than he's anticipating. The Fins could front load a deal and after a few years walk away if he's not performing. Wouldn't hurt their long term plan and could use a pick this year on another position. They do need another RB either way.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're trying to claim is because you said those things a couple years ago they're no longer relevant?

Who cares when you said them? You said them tweedled dummy.

Have you ever thought about politics?

Keep spinning.
All that I said is that the kid looks good but at the time gase passed 80% of the time because he's an idiot. Never said he's Walter Payton you idiot. He's still young so we'll see what happens comprende???

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

your right i didnt, and you said take a step back, i tried to clarify the comment, u forgot who we were talkking about.......:suds:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro
realistically most draft choices dont "turn out" for all teams. Avg lifespan of an NFL player is what 3 years? Depends on what you define as pans out . 75% of all draftees make an NFL rosters. After the first 24 picks the chances of having a 5 year career plummet, and continue to plummet with each pick.After round three its wayyyyyyyyy down there......I tried explaining this to others.........Yes guys make it that are drafted later.......but the chances of hitting are small. Go review drafts........Really look at guys that are out of the league, its shocking
Bro we get you but when you have 12-14 picks with 5 in the first two rounds you obviously have better odds of finding a few more players than the traditional seven picks that every team gets. Plus 100 M in cap to work with and UFA. That's all that I was saying but for some reason you think I'm saying that they will hit on every pick. I'm not sure what you don't understand? Anyway we'll know more in the next few years as to how they do...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tot

Totally agree but he may go a lot lower than he's anticipating. The Fins could front load a deal and after a few years walk away if he's not performing. Wouldn't hurt their long term plan and could use a pick this year on another position. They do need another RB either way.

It'll be the waiting game when he comes down on his asking price and is Mia willing to wait it out. He held out last year for a raise so my guess is he may be looking in that 12-15mil range to start.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would be much, much cheaper...

I think he would be a good fit with Pittsburgh ...

He would...but PIT can't afford him...nothing even close really really...he turned down 10 mil per in LA. Steelers need to cut a few guys just to sign Dupree.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that I said is that the kid looks good but at the time gase passed 80% of the time because he's an idiot. Never said he's Walter Payton you idiot. He's still young so we'll see what happens comprende???

Classic you. I'm still laughing at you.
Calling me an idiot and asking if I comprehend. Have you seen anywhere me claiming he's good or bad?

You're on full tilt Skippy.

Take a break you're WAY out of your league here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB is much easier to fill in the draft. Detroit doesn’t need to spend a high draft choice to get production.

Detroit already has Marvin Jones, Kenny Golladay, TJ Hockenson, Kerryon Johnson — so spending big money on a RB isn’t necessary.

We need a pass rusher, we need a LB who can drop in coverage, we need a CB to pair with Slay (as long as we don’t trade him), we need a safety to pair with Walker and we need at least one disruptive DT.

And while defense is his ‘expertise’ — Detroit was one of the worst defensive teams in the league