• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just leave these gems here:

Get a grip Skippy, you're losing your shit and I haven't even been here slapping you around lately. Spin Monkey Spin.
Wow are you desperate those quotes came from two seasons ago when they weren't in full on rebuild mode. Where exactly did I say that Ballage was an all pro? All along I've said that he has potential and I'll stand by my comments as he's still young and their oline will hopefully be greatly improved next season. Maybe you should spend more time slapping your monkey as this is laughable....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which truth?

The police reports?

Kraft is the leader of a HT ring?

Miami will draft a RB in the 2nd? Not the first, third, fifth or whatever?

Never said Ballage was fantastic?

Spending $ so another team has to spend more, or use a high draft pick or $ for an area that doesn't need to be addressed saves resources? That one may be stupidest things you've ever said. There are way to many to actually claim it as number one.

Spin Monkey Spin.
The initial police reports linked kraft in the ring I simply commented on the reports. He's a billionaire and it quietly went away won't be the first or last time. If you believe he's a saint all the power to ya.

Its been rumored that the Fins will take a RB most likely in the 2nd never said that it can't happen in another round but if they don't sign a FA they will most likely use a high pick. Too much for you to understand?

I never said Ballage was going to be an all pro that came from SP's libelous claims. As per fantastic yes he's had flashes the talent is there he just needs to put his game together and a half decent oline will help. The coaching is far better already in comparison to Gase. Even you should know this...

Are you that clueless do I always have to spell everything out to you? If they don't have to draft a RB with a high pick they can use that pick on another position of need such as OG or on D. The Fins have multiple needs are you that daft???

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn FFF hates the Patriots.

First he talks shit on Hernandez. Probably because he was the first dude that Hernandez corn holed and he wasn’t mentioned in that Netflix Documentary. So he is bitter.

Then he rips on Kraft because he didn’t leave him a big enough tip for the hand job he gave him at the massage parlor. I guess you weren’t that good. Maybe include the balls next time. It’s a 3 piece set.
You have the wrong guy that's NW's department he spends his days dreaming about those patsie dudes. They can do no wrong in his books is my point....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is he not hurt? Two year RB who missed 6 games his rookie year with a knee injury and 8 games his second year with a knee injury. A young RB that keeps missing a lot of time with knee injuries isn't going to be a RB that you can depend on in a primary or feature role. Gordon has missed time as well but nowhere near the clip that Kerryon has.

They can say all they want publicly but if their plan at RB is to enter 2020 with Kerryon as their guy at RB then they just asking to be screwed over. Melvin Gordon would provide an unquestioned upgrade over Kerryon Johnson and give Stafford something he has never had in his pro career.
You said he regressed.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because they won't have to use a 2nd round pick on a RB...too hard to comprehend Einstein??? Allows them to draft another position. They are allowed to use their cap on a variety of positions no? Obviously they'll weigh it out depending on the market. If he's too pricey they will draft one and spend on say OG. There's your lesson Skippy maybe save it somewhere.

I think Jonathon Taylor would be a good pick in 2nd round if there, esp with the late second round pick. I would think he would be gone by then though. Also, getting or drafting Taylor would be if they don't get a FA back, which I think is hard since you likely draft before the FA signing period??

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jonathon Taylor would be a good pick in 2nd round if there, esp with the late second round pick. I would think he would be gone by then though. Also, getting or drafting Taylor would be if they don't get a FA back, which I think is hard since you likely draft before the FA signing period??
Free agency starts March 18th.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SP is correct they'll know what they have in FA before the draft. There may be a few stragglers but for the most part it's done long before. It doesn't matter to me what positions they go after in FA it comes down to value. Although the money positions are better off being drafted in most cases for obvious reasons.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SP is correct they'll know what they have in FA before the draft. There may be a few stragglers but for the most part it's done long before. It doesn't matter to me what positions they go after in FA it comes down to value. Although the money positions are better off being drafted in most cases for obvious reasons.

I just hope the choices they make pan out. I know you will always have 1 or 2 that don't turn out, but need to keep that to minimum.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is he not hurt? Two year RB who missed 6 games his rookie year with a knee injury and 8 games his second year with a knee injury. A young RB that keeps missing a lot of time with knee injuries isn't going to be a RB that you can depend on in a primary or feature role. Gordon has missed time as well but nowhere near the clip that Kerryon has.

They can say all they want publicly but if their plan at RB is to enter 2020 with Kerryon as their guy at RB then they just asking to be screwed over. Melvin Gordon would provide an unquestioned upgrade over Kerryon Johnson and give Stafford something he has never had in his pro career.

Unless Melvin Gordon would take a contract similar to what Ekeler got from San Diego — I don’t see it happening or how it’d work.

Detroit needs to upgrade the defense — they don’t have the luxury of spending $10+ million a year on a RB, when they already have Kerryon Johnson and Bo Scarborough (who did well for Detroit last year).

I can see Detroit spending a 3rd or 4th on a RB, to give them depth in case of injury, but I don’t see them breaking the bank for a RB when they had one of the worst defenses statistically last year. I think FA money will be spent on defense and most draft picks will be spent on defense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gordon was a piece to add to an already playoff team that the FO thinks could push them over to the SB, I can understand that. For a complete rebuild I think it's a bad idea and the money can be spent else where, especially on the lines to go along with the young guys drafted.
Shhhhhh don't tell FFF. Cyclone Island is his happy place.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Melvin Gordon would take a contract similar to what Ekeler got from San Diego — I don’t see it happening or how it’d work.

Detroit needs to upgrade the defense — they don’t have the luxury of spending $10+ million a year on a RB, when they already have Kerryon Johnson and Bo Scarborough (who did well for Detroit last year).

I can see Detroit spending a 3rd or 4th on a RB, to give them depth in case of injury, but I don’t see them breaking the bank for a RB when they had one of the worst defenses statistically last year. I think FA money will be spent on defense and most draft picks will be spent on defense.

Agreed but I don't think the market is going to be there for Gordon like he was hoping it would. I think Detroit could end up getting him for around $8M a year. I know Zeke just signed for $15M a year and Bell a year ago signed for $13.5M a year, but Gordon isn't on their level and I don't think teams are confident that he will hold up over the course of a big contract.

Having a real running game can do wonders to help a defense out. Also help the QB out a lot too.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow are you desperate those quotes came from two seasons ago when they weren't in full on rebuild mode. Where exactly did I say that Ballage was an all pro? All along I've said that he has potential and I'll stand by my comments as he's still young and their oline will hopefully be greatly improved next season. Maybe you should spend more time slapping your monkey as this is laughable....

What are you talking about?

I've been slapping you since you showed up on the Hoop.

Spin Monkey Spin

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial police reports linked kraft in the ring I simply commented on the reports. He's a billionaire and it quietly went away won't be the first or last time. If you believe he's a saint all the power to ya.

Its been rumored that the Fins will take a RB most likely in the 2nd never said that it can't happen in another round but if they don't sign a FA they will most likely use a high pick. Too much for you to understand?

I never said Ballage was going to be an all pro that came from SP's libelous claims. As per fantastic yes he's had flashes the talent is there he just needs to put his game together and a half decent oline will help. The coaching is far better already in comparison to Gase. Even you should know this...

Are you that clueless do I always have to spell everything out to you? If they don't have to draft a RB with a high pick they can use that pick on another position of need such as OG or on D. The Fins have multiple needs are you that daft???

We all saw the few quotes from you that I wasted my time pulling up. You're a fraud and will try and spin everything.

Do I need to go pull all your Kraft quotes now?

Spin Monkey Spin

The bolded portion might make sense if you hadn't already said the Minos should go after Gordon. Here's a clue Skippy, Gordon is a FA. You were talking $, not picks. The Minis have plenty of picks they can pretty much do what they want. But like you'll they'll find a way to screw it up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all saw the few quotes from you that I wasted my time pulling up. You're a fraud and will try and spin everything.

Do I need to go pull all your Kraft quotes now?

Spin Monkey Spin

The bolded portion might make sense if you hadn't already said the Minos should go after Gordon. Here's a clue Skippy, Gordon is a FA. You were talking $, not picks. The Minis have plenty of picks they can pretty much do what they want. But like you'll they'll find a way to screw it up.
You better take your meds you make absolutely no sense. Are you not able to read anymore maybe take your time before you post more nonsense....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shhhhhh don't tell FFF. Cyclone Island is his happy place.
Ahhh they are going to have around 100 M in cap and need some players. Do you not think that they will sign a few... should be interesting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but I don't think the market is going to be there for Gordon like he was hoping it would. I think Detroit could end up getting him for around $8M a year. I know Zeke just signed for $15M a year and Bell a year ago signed for $13.5M a year, but Gordon isn't on their level and I don't think teams are confident that he will hold up over the course of a big contract.

Having a real running game can do wonders to help a defense out. Also help the QB out a lot too.

Detroit has so much bigger needs though. We need a DT, a DE, a CB, a LB who can drop in coverage, a safety.

Even $8 million on a RB is a luxury in today’s NFL. Personally — I see Gordon as a name brand, but he hasn’t performed much better than off brand RB’s. The guy has averaged over 4.0 YPC once in his career with SD. He has only run for 1,000 yards once. Not worth the money it will take to sign him, IMO.

Id much rather Detroit wait and draft a RB. Use the FA money to upgrade the defense.