• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said low ball him just a little higher than the patsies so they don't get him cheap. They can also front load the contract as they can afford to do so this year. This would allow them to use more resources towards the lines is my point.

I understand what you're saying but why waste that "a tad higher low ball offer type money" when you can get a solid RB in the draft on the cheap and spend that money you want to give Gordon on other more important pressing areas. Your team is in rebuild mode and Gordon isn't a guy you spend any type of money on.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you're saying but why waste that "a tad higher low ball offer type money" when you can get a solid RB in the draft on the cheap and spend that money you want to give Gordon on other more important pressing areas. Your team is in rebuild mode and Gordon isn't a guy you spend any type of money on.
They do have more cap space than anyone. And more picks than anyone.

Gordon is pretty much guaranteed to not completely suck. Miami is in position to improve during the offseason more than any other franchise. Adding a RB wouldn't be crazy to me. 8-9mil a year for 3-4 years would leave them with 80+ mil in cap space, about third most and still the most picks. I've seen crazier approaches.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you weren't quoted. I didn't say you said anything? .......

one you contradict yourself , again. THIS is the issue. You twist shit then say people are insinuating things or said something or whatever...I

You can't even find the comment in three page thread. Then pivot again to challenging me...

SteelersPride said:
dolphins have ballage, they're set.

This not you? Are you trying to tell all of us that you weren't directing this at me after months posting about how historically bad he was and the entire Fins organization during a rebuild? All I was saying is that he's young and still has potential and you would go off like I'm calling him Barkley or something. You don't seem to be able to comprehend someone saying potential to all pro that's the problem. Just like the Fins were supposed to be historically bad with zero talent but somehow ended up with 5 wins when rebuilding. How can that be possible must be a miracle.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon is pretty much guaranteed to not completely suck. Miami is in position to improve during the offseason more than any other franchise. Adding a RB wouldn't be crazy to me. 8-9mil a year for 3-4 years would leave them with 80+ mil in cap space, about third most and still the most picks. I've seen crazier approaches.

I hear ya. I guess I'd rather spend the money on more important positions as RB isn't close to the top of the list since it seems like solid backs can be had in the mid to late rounds.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly and its not like he's old. Front load and if he sucks down the road cut your losses.Fins can afford to do this. They can use the pics on oline and still have money in FA for oline as well. They will obviously weigh it all out...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya. I guess I'd rather spend the money on more important positions as RB isn't close to the top of the list since it seems like solid backs can be had in the mid to late rounds.
True, but he is nearly without risk.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain that to SP apparently it's impossible to find any decent players past round three or UFA. Ballage is his prime example because he was 4th round and stunk behind an atrocious oline he has no chance to improve.... The Fins will apparently take ten years to contend by building this way.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly and its not like he's old. Front load and if he sucks down the road cut your losses.Fins can afford to do this. They can use the pics on oline and still have money in FA for oline as well. They will obviously weigh it all out...
Miami will be improving between now and Week 1 more than anyone.

It'll be interesting to see where they spend money and where they spend picks.

Some of the later round picks could very well be vets via trade too. They have the wiggle room.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but he is nearly without risk.

Unless he has a hell of a year and decides to hold out for a raise. It's a young team that doesn't need that type of distraction.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SteelersPride said:
dolphins have ballage, they're set.

This not you? Are you trying to tell all of us that you weren't directing this at me after months posting about how historically bad he was and the entire Fins organization during a rebuild? All I was saying is that he's young and still has potential and you would go off like I'm calling him Barkley or something. You don't seem to be able to comprehend someone saying potential to all pro that's the problem. Just like the Fins were supposed to be historically bad with zero talent but somehow ended up with 5 wins when rebuilding. How can that be possible must be a miracle.
all that from one 5 word post, in which you werent quoted in. :rolleyes2: . See you did it again at the end there, .....you just cant stop........im done, have a nice night, cant argue with irrational

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is not all you said. ive quoted it. Then you pivot, or ignore it. You also have failed time after time to find anything remotely close to the BS you claim i say.
Welcome to the FFF spin zone it's very close to the Philly cyclone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a fn tsunami

There are multiple threads where he says Ballage was fantastic or great but that idiot Gase didn't continue to use him...

Got to love some people's children.

He is a special one. Was 100% sure Kraft was part of a human trafficking's scheme.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are multiple threads where he says Ballage was fantastic or great but that idiot Gase didn't continue to use him...

Got to love some people's children.

He is a special one. Was 100% sure Kraft was part of a human trafficking's scheme.
lol i remember that would sel his left nut he was confident

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said low ball him just a little higher than the patsies so they don't get him cheap. They can also front load the contract as they can afford to do so this year. This would allow them to use more resources towards the lines is my point.

One thing missing ion this debate is Gordon is not a need for NE. Sure IMO he would be a nice fit but not a need. NE will only take him on the cheap. BB has a price set like he does on every player and won't pay more. This assumes BB is even interested?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This guy is tough to follow. Not sure how paying anything for Gordon (whether that's a little bit more than what he thinks NE will low ball him with) saves them resources for other areas? But hey he hasn't finished his football for dummies book yet.

Waiting on the FFF spin zone in 3,2,1.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol i remember that would sel his left nut he was confident

Actually my bad. He was sure Kraft wasn't just part of a HT ring he was the leader. This was all based of off some video tapes he never saw or heard.

Now I no longer wonder why Fl. still has issues with punching chads and having dead people vote.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my bad. He was sure Kraft wasn't just part of a HT ring he was the leader. This was all based of off some video tapes he never saw or heard.

Now I no longer wonder why Fl. still has issues with punching chads and having dead people vote.
lol right......but still the thought process.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all that from one 5 word post, in which you werent quoted in. :rolleyes2: . See you did it again at the end there, .....you just cant stop........im done, have a nice night, cant argue with irrational
But those were your words not mine. You couldn't get off the soap box as to how bad the Fins were. Historically bad was mentioned multiple times yet you can't comprehend how this could affect a young RB's development. I simply said he has potential and could get better as they fix the oline but you can't seem to understand the logic. It may not happen maybe he's garbage or ruined but heaven forbid that the player improves with more support around him. What will you say if he becomes productive? You better pray that never happens or you will be the biggest fool on here...

A little tip if you want to insult someone man up and do it to them directly don't sneak around and insinuate your propaganda as fact....