• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon just Waiting on call

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys they work with make more for less work.

Supply and demand. I support RBS trying to restructure rookie rb deals at the next CBA...but these antics are dumb.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys they work with make more for less work.
that happens in every company & industry.

If Nurses wanted to be paid like doctors, they should become doctors. Not hold out until they are paid like doctors.
RN's work a helluva lot harder for less. (all get paid well)

So I guess RBs should have became QBs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that happens in every company & industry.

If Nurses wanted to be paid like doctors, they should become doctors. Not hold out until they are paid like doctors.
RN's work a helluva lot harder for less. (all get paid well)

So I guess RBs should have became QBs.
The top RBs are underpaid for their contributions to their offenses. The Chargers will find that out as the Steelers did.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top RBs are underpaid for their contributions to their offenses. The Chargers will find that out as the Steelers did.
dont think the Chargers will miss a beat.
Gordon missed 4 games last year. The Chargers didnt change their offense & went 4-0

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think the Chargers will miss a beat.
Gordon missed 4 games last year. The Chargers didnt change their offense & went 4-0
The Steelers made it work for even longer... ten weeks.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Gordon really a top RB? He finally averaged over 4 yards per carry for the first time last season. If he had tried this last summer, they might have cut him outright.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gordon really a top RB? He finally averaged over 4 yards per carry for the first time last season. If he had tried this last summer, they might have cut him outright.
He makes most teams better if they were able to have him all offseason to learn the offense.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if anyone will trade for him. Houston? Tampa Bay? Washington? Indianapolis?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if anyone will trade for him. Houston? Tampa Bay? Washington? Indianapolis?

Supposedly someone is at least kicking the tires. I doubt Washington, they have a glut of backs, including rookies from last year (Guice) and this year (Love). Maybe SF would be interested too?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly someone is at least kicking the tires. I doubt Washington, they have a glut of backs, including rookies from last year (Guice) and this year (Love). Maybe SF would be interested too?

I hope not. Have to much invested in that position already. I suspect not because I think they are okay with who they have already. The running game is probably at the bottom of the list of concerns right now.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. Have to much invested in that position already. I suspect not because I think they are okay with who they have already. The running game is probably at the bottom of the list of concerns right now.
Nobody will trade for him. How long before he realizes this and returns to the field? Think he will be more inclined to return to get game checks, sit out until week 10 to have the year qualify, or sit out all year to spite the Chargers?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do they have? A former 3rd down back that can't get on the field for them, another change of pace back added this year (Coleman), and Breida. If they ever just trust Breida and commit, I would agree. I don't see McKinnon or Coleman being the answer.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody will trade for him. How long before he realizes this and returns to the field? Think he will be more inclined to return to get game checks, sit out until week 10 to have the year qualify, or sit out all year to spite the Chargers?
Spite isn't worth any money, but getting the year counted is.

If he thinks his body could use a year off, then he'll sit the whole year and add some years to his career. Only the player knows that though.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do they have? A former 3rd down back that can't get on the field for them, another change of pace back added this year (Coleman), and Breida. If they ever just trust Breida and commit, I would agree. I don't see McKinnon or Coleman being the answer.

McKinnon is done. It is going to be Breida and Coleman who are going to split 50/50. People say Breida is injury prone but it really was ankle injury that kept flaring up because he would not rest it. Shanahan has been able to get decent production out of backs. Even Mostert and Wilson played well when they were there. There is already too much money wasted on Mckinnon. It might be difficult, but I would rather try and acquire a tackle or guard from somewhere. That is a far bigger concern.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to MMQB's Albert Breer, the Eagles offered Jordan Howard and a swap of mid-round picks to the Chargers in exchange for holdout Melvin Gordon.
The Chargers also would've ate money in the Eagles' proposal, which the Chargers obviously turned down. Per Breer, "there just hasn't been much action" on the Gordon trade front. Word on the street is the Chargers are looking for first- and fifth-round picks in a Gordon deal. That's just not going to happen right now, especially when the acquiring team then has to sign Gordon to a big-money extension. Perhaps when injuries start to surface, Gordon will pick up more traction. But for now, he's stuck spinning his tires in a holdout with no end in sight.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to MMQB's Albert Breer, the Eagles offered Jordan Howard and a swap of mid-round picks to the Chargers in exchange for holdout Melvin Gordon.
The Chargers also would've ate money in the Eagles' proposal, which the Chargers obviously turned down. Per Breer, "there just hasn't been much action" on the Gordon trade front. Word on the street is the Chargers are looking for first- and fifth-round picks in a Gordon deal. That's just not going to happen right now, especially when the acquiring team then has to sign Gordon to a big-money extension. Perhaps when injuries start to surface, Gordon will pick up more traction. But for now, he's stuck spinning his tires in a holdout with no end in sight.
Was just gonna post this

Image-1.jpg

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly should be embarrassed. What a terrible offer.

"Hey Chargers, would you take a pack of gum & a slim jim?"

The Chargers should be embarrassed for asking for a 1st round pick.

If the offer was Howard and a 2 for Gordon and a 3, I’m not sure the Chargers are going to get a better offer than that.