• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo says a bench role is "Outta the question"

Melo?

• Buy out

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Trade

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Stays and makes a Major Rocky 4 like comeback

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is a career team cancer. Hes shown it for a decade. Better off in the D-League or in China.

What amazes me is that Thunder front office put THREE career team cancers on one team. WTF were they thinking? :doh:

These guys were losers on their own. Bring them together and you have 3 career losers. What kind of mental incompetence must one person have to think Westbrick, Melo, George would EVER work out?

You could tell from Day 1 it was going to be a fucking FAILURE of an experiment
Man why are you so angry? It's not even about LeBron, you're still so angry and sweary even in the rare instances you are right.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is a career team cancer. Hes shown it for a decade. Better off in the D-League or in China.

What amazes me is that Thunder front office put THREE career team cancers on one team. WTF were they thinking? :doh:

These guys were losers on their own. Bring them together and you have 3 career losers. What kind of mental incompetence must one person have to think Westbrick, Melo, George would EVER work out?

You could tell from Day 1 it was going to be a fucking FAILURE of an experiment

Calm down little guy, it’s not that big of a deal

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,393.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is trading for him, so that's out.

He'd likely lose money, so that's out.

As @tlance pointed out in another thread, he has always taken the money...so that's in, minus the Rocky 4 comeback.

I think it was @CitySushi who brought up a possible trade.

Olynk and Tyler Johnson for Melo.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I would hate to give up Kelly and plus I'm done with hoping the Heat grab a top FA. We have failed twice now so I prefer to go the trading rout so I'll pass on that.

Totally fine with letting Tyler go though
I just wouldnt touch Melo with a 10 ft. pole at this point. I think you could do better

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wouldnt touch Melo with a 10 ft. pole at this point. I think you could do better

It would make sense from a salary dump perspective. Melo has 1 year left on his deal. So they'd have to tolerate 1 season of Melo and then they should have some cap space for the next FA market and maybe a lottery pick as well.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melo's nothing more than an expiring contract for the value to the Heat.

Olynk is probably the most valuable due to his contract, but he's also a bit redundant because you have James Johnson too. So I think he's a piece that can be moved. Tyler Johnson has his contract balloon up to 19M a year for the next two years.

You'd clear 28M in cap space. Then you have some very move-able pieces like Waiters and Dragic for picks and young players. You got Josh Richardson locked in a good deal and then you'd be one year closer to having Whiteside's contract expiring as an asset.

The turnaround could be faster for the Heat than you think.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t want him anymore then, shit barely for a bench role. He is slow, very streaky and shit defender
Shit defender would imply he makes an attempt at playing defense but isn't any good at it. He doesn't even try

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo is trying to get his ass traded. That's why he's going out of his way saying all this stuff. Be disgruntled with the team and let them know that you're not sacrificing shit for the good of the team. They'll have no choice but to try to move you. Then you have a no-trade clause on your contract so you can dictate where you would prefer to go.

Best scenario for him is for him to get a buy-out though. He'll hold out for top dollar.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can a trade for him, pay him, but keep him in an OKC uniform on the OKC bench to torture them?:noidea::heh::eek:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1hpxvm7.gif