• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Heat go from here...?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll find a way to make some moves.

What moves? I don't know

But as i said earlier, the front office felt the group deserved a full year to see if the 30-11 finish to last year was a fluke or not.

They're definitely not standing pat and coming back in September with the same group of guys

Basically what i said.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosh's salary no longer counts against the Heat's cap.

Correct.
Still gets paid, but no longer against the cap.

Miami Heat 2018-19 Salary Cap

Moving Whiteside could be possible.
Probably cannot move Tyler Johnson and his albatross.
Could get value in trading Dragic, but that basically means you're probably not going back to the playoffs.

Good value contracts with Waiters (if healthy), James Johnson, Olynyk, and J-Rich.
Great value from Winslow and Bam.

Trading Whiteside might require adding other talented pieces, so Riley is going to have to get creative.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about a Kelly Olynk and Tyler Johnson trade for Melo?

Olynk and Johnson would actually be ideal guys for OKC. Olynk is kind of the perfect 4 for OKC right now next to Adams. Johnson would be an ideal backup combo guard and someone who could score on the second unit.

Heat get rid of Johnson's contract a year early, get Melo and his expiring 28M contract off the books. Melo gets to live in a desirable area for at least one season and near his buddy Wade. Hell if Wade comes back and plays too for the Heat that would be a bonus for Melo.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olynk and Johnson would actually be ideal guys for OKC. Olynk is kind of the perfect 4 for OKC right now next to Adams. Johnson would be an ideal backup combo guard and someone who could score on the second unit.

Heat get rid of Johnson's contract a year early, get Melo and his expiring 28M contract off the books. Melo gets to live in a desirable area for at least one season and near his buddy Wade. Hell if Wade comes back and plays too for the Heat that would be a bonus for Melo.

Creative....and Heat fan won't like it because of Melo.....but that's an interesting one right there.

And it improves both teams. Miami gets a bonafide scorer and OKC loses a guy who needs the ball when they also have RW and for the moment, PG.

Do the salaries match?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brilliant comparison.

A 10 year NBA player and a rookie.

A 10 year disaster of a free thrower center vs a guard.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creative....and Heat fan won't like it because of Melo.....but that's an interesting one right there.

And it improves both teams. Miami gets a bonafide scorer and OKC loses a guy who needs the ball when they also have RW and for the moment, PG.

Do the salaries match?

It will once Johnson's contract bumps up to 19M next year, I believe.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will once Johnson's contract bumps up to 19M next year, I believe.

I like that trade. Gives Miami a starting 5 of:

G-Dragic
G-Waiters
F-Melo
F-James Johnson
C-Whiteside

Bench

G-Wade (if he returns)
G/F-Richardson
G-McGruder
F-Winslow
F/C Bam
C-Mickey

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd be okay with it. Actually would miss Olynk, but Johnson's not going to live up to his $19 mil next year. I know next year I would bitch and complain about Melo, but it'd be for 1 season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with it. Actually would miss Olynk, but Johnson's not going to live up to his $19 mil next year. I know next year I would bitch and complain about Melo, but it'd be for 1 season.

I agree.
We're not winning anything next year.
If we can clear all of the cap space for the following summer it's a no brainer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do the salaries match?

Heat fans would like it.
We understand the situation.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do the salaries match?

You don't speak for us.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat fans would like it.
We understand the situation.

Yeah, when I first saw that idea, I thought "WTF"?

But when you look at the Heat's cap situation, it makes a lot of sense as a salary dump.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what DeAndre Jordan's market might be but maybe you could get him in a sign and trade for Whiteside. Extra bonus if you could somehow get Beverly added to the deal. If he makes it known he's gone after the year, I'm sure Rivers would push hard to get Whiteside back to try to help him save his job. He's not the GM any more so he'd have to do some pleading.