• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNair Open to Trading Top Pick

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im pretty sure i saw somewhere that says tate is gone because he's a free agent and wants to be a number 1

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im pretty sure i saw somewhere that says tate is gone because he's a free agent and wants to be a number 1

I think i did too but they still have a good running game. imagine if they grabbed a RB In the second, probably would be the 1st RB taken. dude from ohio st would be nice

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot they have probably the best Lf Tackle in the league D. Brown.

I think Joe Thomas, Joe Staley, Jason Peters, Jordan Gross and even Jake Long would beg to differ there.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Tate is a FA. He will go somewhere and be a #1...maybe Cleveland, New England, the Jets,

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Texans trade out of their pick, there will still be teams to trade with for the Rams.

Let's say the Texans trade with Jax, and Jax takes Bridgewater. That leaves the Texans at #3 and their owner just said they will take a defensive player or a QB. So, if Clev or Oak want the next best QB, they have to jump ahead of Hou.

If a team believes Clowney will be their pick, then Atlanta or TB have to jump ahead of them.

If Clev does the trade with the Texans, that only leaves Oak or Min as trade partners for a QB to get ahead of Jax, but would still leave Atl and TB in play for Clowney.

I think Cleveland may be the only legit trade partner for Houston unless they plan on selling low because I don't see Jax. giving up what it would take to move up.

The WC would be Atlanta if they thought Houston would take Clowney #1 and they really wanted him. Their FO has already shown they are willing to do what it takes to get their guy (Jones).

But, if that happens, then the Rams can take best offers for Bridgewater for any team wanting to get ahead of Jax.

If, for some reason, the Rams don't trade and stay put, I hope they take Matthews and fix their OL once and for all.

An argument can be made for Barr, Watkins or even Clowney, but until the OL gets fixed, the offense will not improve. I am hoping this draft is OL heavy for the Rams with the other need positions filled in on a BPA basis.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Angelakerams, we are in a VERY VERY good spot right now...

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys think will suck next season? Let's trade with them and include their 1st round pick next year, I'd like to do this again next year.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders will have the worst record next year. If we don't get the Browns' two number 1 picks, then trading down with Oakland and getting their number 1 next year also, would probably be the best move.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk of who is going to trade with whom is going to be severely tested in the next couple of months because the vaunted QB of 2014 has gone from 8-9 potential first round talents being reduced down to just 4 in the past week.

Mariota and Hundley are going back to school, Mettenberger and Murray are now hurt with Murray going down with a season-ending knee injury which leaves Bridgewater, Manzel, Carr, and Bortles realistically.
Bridgewater has fallen from 2 to 4 and may fall further after the bowl games with only the combine to change is falling status.

So, this is not looking good and maybe the Rams will not get the partners they may be planning on having because of these changes. If this is indeed the case, we had better play things close to the vest and take the BPA to fill our needs. This draft may turn out completely different than everyone is prognosticating.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was thinking along those lines, but I don't any longer. Go back 2 years, there were 2 QB's. With Luck and RG3 allowed Washington to move to #2 and get their guy. With 8 QB's similarly rated on boards teams may be willing to move up because at least 1 of them will fall to them. With less guys however this may really increase the value of the pick because there are limited top QB's to get.

Thoughts?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly Mutigers. It could go either way depending on what teams do the evaluating and how they perceive the risk-reward value on each QB. The combines will be the next step and that is just two months away.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless offered a haul, just take Clowney at 2 and BPA at 12 and move on. The Rams aren't close enough to a Superbowl to try and fill a small hole in the first 2 rounds and contend. Clowney is the best talent in the draft at a premium position, and the coach is the kind who won't let a headcase be lazy.

I wouldn't hate seeing them trade down to 5, pick up a couple picks, and take Manziel. Think of him as a douchebag Drew Brees.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I was thinking along those lines, but I don't any longer. Go back 2 years, there were 2 QB's. With Luck and RG3 allowed Washington to move to #2 and get their guy. With 8 QB's similarly rated on boards teams may be willing to move up because at least 1 of them will fall to them. With less guys however this may really increase the value of the pick because there are limited top QB's to get.

Thoughts?

That makes sense look at EJ manuel last year no one really looked at him as a first rounder but buffalo got desperate. someone will pull the trigger. I'm just glad Clowney is sitting there too.