• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCown Bails for Tampa

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery ' s stock in my book would drop precipitously if he made such a bad move. Would rather the Bears sign Tebow.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emery ' s stock in my book would drop precipitously if he made such a bad move. Would rather the Bears sign Tebow.

Exactly. Which is why I don't think he would sign Sanchez. IMO, Trestman would rather draft a QB so he can develop a prospect. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears drafted McCarron or someone else of that caliber.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of backups, they are arguing about the bears should sign Mark Sanchez now. Arguing that Sanchez once dated Kristen and Jay wont want him. I say he wont want him becaus Jay does not want competition for his job and wont want sanchez.[/QUOTE LOL or WTF, or both.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont hate or disrespect JM and I wish him luck. But he was old and avg on good days. We need a young guy to groom.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, ESPN is reporting that Sanchez is signing with the Eagles.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My perspective in this discussion is a little different, but my opinion is this: JM is an average QB who played within a system that brought out the best in his QB play. Will he do the same in Tampa? I don't know, but based upon Lovie's history it does not bode well for him to duplicate the stats he did in Chicago.

As far as last season's games mentioned, such as St. Louis and Minnesota, it seems ridiculous to blame the Bears' performance on JM. IMO... It was the team that failed in each occasion, from the coaching down to the players.

Besides, this is a dead issue. JM is no longer a Bear.

I totally agree. JM was an average QB who had a great year as average QBs go. Doubt he'll have the weapons or system that could put him in a spot to match what he did this yr.
My whole argument in this thread has been vs the guys that didn't appreciate what Josh has done for this club. And blame him losing games that should have been won. When it is after all a team game. And he was only the BACK-UP QB.:suds:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree. JM was an average QB who had a great year as average QBs go. Doubt he'll have the weapons or system that could put him in a spot to match what he did this yr.
My whole argument in this thread has been vs the guys that didn't appreciate what Josh has done for this club. And blame him losing games that should have been won. When it is after all a team game. And he was only the BACK-UP QB.:suds:

That's how I understand football.

:yahoo:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. .....you ca n spin it all you want. throw out all the passing stats you can find....it still won't hide the fact that Josh is a mediocre QB that couldn't beat a good defense.

:yahoo:

And the Bears more pathetic defense couldn`t stop a pathetic offense.......And our offense never was pathetic.

Bears defnse is 10xs more pathetic than our offense ever was this past season.

42 pts to a 30th rated offense.............are kidding me!

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lovie at his finest

My prediction: the suddenly dangerous TB Bucs trade up for one of the top three QBs in the draft, McCown is basically a QB coach this year/backup QB for $5 million, retires at end of season, and next year this time is full time coach.

Bank on it.

Coudn't agree more. Lovie would over pay a BU QB.....and he likely would make a good QB coach. Although I have read where he wants to spend more time with the Family. We will just have to wait and see.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should get the kid from eastern illinois.