• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Kemp TRADED to the Padres

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough decision but being that we're loaded with talent in the outfield it was a good move, our real weaknesses are being addressed too.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only gave up 31 million... Not too shabby. And now we have a catcher.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the emotional attachment from fans will make this out to be the worst trade of all time and I gotta say this really hurts trading Kemp, as he was probably my favorite player. It sucks to see him go. But, from a baseball standpoint this isn't a bad trade. We saved a shit load of money and Grandal is going to be pretty good I do believe.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the emotional attachment from fans will make this out to be the worst trade of all time and I gotta say this really hurts trading Kemp, as he was probably my favorite player. It sucks to see him go. But, from a baseball standpoint this isn't a bad trade. We saved a shit load of money and Grandal is going to be pretty good I do believe.

Massive upgrade at catcher and perhaps not a massive downgrade in the outfield WITH financial flexibility to go after anyone we want, when we want. People fear the Dodgers now. I told you to have faith in the kid from Tulane!!

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeking deals for Crawford and Ethier, even at a heavily reduced price, would have opened up enough money to keep Kemp. A lineup including Kemp would have been pretty appealing, but Grandal is a switch-hitter, which makes his stats more impressive, not a bad consolation prize.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeking deals for Crawford and Ethier, even at a heavily reduced price, would have opened up enough money to keep Kemp. A lineup including Kemp would have been pretty appealing, but Grandal is a switch-hitter, which makes his stats more impressive, not a bad consolation prize.

Completely agree, but I fear there is no market for Ethier or Crawford.... Aside from paying their entire salary which defeats the purpose.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree, but I fear there is no market for Ethier or Crawford.... Aside from paying their entire salary which defeats the purpose.

Agree, the Dbacks weren't dumb enough to do that deal for Montero. I believe the front office legitimately gave it a shot first, there just isn't a market for them right now as you said.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Kemp was injury prone since signing that huge contract.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kemp was tradeable, the other 2?

Not so much.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have no attachment to Kemp, I don't see any WS titles with him as a Dodger?

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the_lair_zpsb5fb2923.gif

BUDSFAULT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can thank Kemp's dominant 2nd half of the season increasing his value, something you deemed impossible.

Show me where I said it was impossible...

I extremely happy to see that self centered whiny prima donna out of LA. There is no KEMP in TEAM.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where I said it was impossible...

I extremely happy to see that self centered whiny prima donna out of LA. There is no KEMP in TEAM.

At least try to make your trolling less obvious. You said he couldn't play a full season anymore, well he played 150 games last season.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least try to make your trolling less obvious. You said he couldn't play a full season anymore, well he played 150 games last season.

Kemps rebound was a pleasant surprise, I was ready to break up the team earlier. Instead, patience paid off and they broke up the team after an early playoff exit. But for every "Kemps value you increased you fools who wanted him gone sooner," I would point to an Andre Ethier who we literally cannot give away.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemps rebound was a pleasant surprise, I was ready to break up the team earlier. Instead, patience paid off and they broke up the team after an early playoff exit. But for every "Kemps value you increased you fools who wanted him gone sooner," I would point to an Andre Ethier who we literally cannot give away.

I don't see what Ethier has to do with this, Ethier is not a bad player, just a bad contract and a crowded outfield. Scott Van Slyke could easily platoon with Crawford or Ethier.

This post was one of many.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that both of you were wrong in your assessment of the team's ability last year. Whether the Dodgers choose to go in a different direction with Pederson and Seager getting older is a different story.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was concerned until I read the postings on this thread...thanks I feel better. I'll miss Kemp but maybe this was a nice move. I'm sure Kemp's not too happy with the Dodgers knocking on the pennant door.