• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ZaDarius Smith Traded to Browns

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Blockbuster deal" just doesn't seem to mean the same thing it used to...two fifth round picks is far from a blockbuster.

Pretty big miscalculation on the part of the Vikings on this one. The numbers haven’t been fully reported yet but they are eating some of Smith’s contract from the sounds of it. Considering that they could have released him with no additional cap hit at the beginning of free agency, it basically adds up to the fact that the Vikes essentially paid millions for 2 5th round picks. And it isn’t even 2 5ths. They are giving up a 6th and a 7th rounder on the way back to Cle.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big miscalculation on the part of the Vikings on this one. The numbers haven’t been fully reported yet but they are eating some of Smith’s contract from the sounds of it. Considering that they could have released him with no additional cap hit at the beginning of free agency, it basically adds up to the fact that the Vikes essentially paid millions for 2 5th round picks. And it isn’t even 2 5ths. They are giving up a 6th and a 7th rounder on the way back to Cle.
Yeah, it seems like an odd move by the Vikes FO. They might have done some overthinking on this one.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Blockbuster deal" just doesn't seem to mean the same thing it used to...two fifth round picks is far from a blockbuster.
That is what I was thinking when I clicked on and read this.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, I don't think it's that bad. I think they probably thought that they could get more for Z, but it didn't work out that way. I can see why, the first half of last season he was very effective, but then against the Bills he got hurt (which has always been his biggest problem) and limped his way through the last 7 games.

Smith didn't want to be here and they didn't want to pay him. The problem is, other teams knew that, which is why they weren't looking to throw a 3rd our way.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade for Cle IMO as long as they can handle the cap space. It will be interesting to see what they do over the next couple of years from a cap perspective. This guy can go get the QB and opposite Garrett almost anyone can get the QB at least a little. I would expect 10 sacks from Smith and wouldn't be shocked if he got around 13. He's been a guy with injury issues though, right?