• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Marshawn's last year in Seattle? Really?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giant's rush defense is obviously challenged. Maybe a better way to say it is: 'they suck'. So, it's easy to overrate Marshawn's performance yesterday.

But, the Giants are still a professional football team so you can't completely disregard what he did either.

I think this talk about replacing Marshawn next year needs to stop. Should they still continue to consider RB options when discussing nest year's team while out of the ear of the media? Absolutely. But, before we go replacing a good RB who is under team control next year, they better make damn sure they have a capable replacement. And juding by the effeciency (or lack thereof) of our passing game the last few weeks, this team is going to need a dominate back in order for the offense to be effective.

This offense is not yet ready to transition into a Turbin/Michaels tandem, nor is Michaels the type of back who can wear down a DL like Lynch can.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's under team control next year. If the hawks want, they pay him the 8mil they owe him.

The narrative is they will cut him though,,,,,,,,,,

Marshawn is coming up on the magical 30 year mark....in which rbs fall apart.

But can we please file this under , shit we worry about after the year ends?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20+ million per for our QB.

End of story.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of story.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This.

I hope the Seahawks can find a way to keep him and still pay Wilson. However, if this past off-season is any indication, the $8 million he's slated for won't be enough for Lynch.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention we have to pony up for Wagner too.

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of story.

Lynch's ability takes the pressure off Wilson. The reason Wilson's read option runs as good as they are is EVERYONE on D is sold out on Lynch which equals free and open running space for Wilson. The bonus is Wilson can run better than most QB's. As I have said before, if Michael turns out to be an average back, everything will close up on Wilson. Just my opinion.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch's ability takes the pressure off Wilson. The reason Wilson's read option runs as good as they are is EVERYONE on D is sold out on Lynch which equals free and open running space for Wilson. The bonus is Wilson can run better than most QB's. As I have said before, if Michael turns out to be an average back, everything will close up on Wilson. Just my opinion.

And you're entitled to it. But we've been a pass to set up the run team for nearly two full seasons now. Sunday's game against the Giants is a definite outlier.

Would I keep Lynch for another year if there was no salary cap? Absolutely!

But that's not the reality.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You dont let go of your best offensive player over 7 million dollars.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the off season, I was convinced this would be Lynch last year. I've reconsidered, the Seahawks will find a way to pay him and Russell Wilson. Might cost the Seahawks a good player, but it needs to happen. Lynch is the x factor on offense, along with Russell. Just can't afford to go without him IMO.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the off season, I was convinced this would be Lynch last year. I've reconsidered, the Seahawks will find a way to pay him and Russell Wilson. Might cost the Seahawks a good player, but it needs to happen. Lynch is the x factor on offense, along with Russell. Just can't afford to go without him IMO.

Very true, plus I don't trust CM if word on the street is he's not fully understanding the playbook in what is probably the easiest position to learn.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch for two years, maybe three if we are very, very, VERY lucky.

Or

BWags and/or KJ five or six.

I love me some Beast...but...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or

KJ can be replaced, B wag isn't a free agent next year, so the Seahawks have a bit of time to figure out how to resign him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or

No need for a extension, just let the beast play out his contract. KJ is replaceable and BWag still is under contract next year.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it's gonna happen though... As much as I would love to see him stay here he's gonna demand some $ ... Russ is getting this pay day and I can see Lynch wanting more $ ... He's hoping for one last 3 or 4 year deal...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's gonna happen though... As much as I would love to see him stay here he's gonna demand some $ ... Russ is getting this pay day and I can see Lynch wanting more $ ... He's hoping for one last 3 or 4 year deal...

Absolutely. And I don't blame him at all for trying for it at this point. There's no contract beyond this next one for him. The clock is ticking.

We as 'fans' would like him to give us a discount, but I'd be shocked if he did.

He's going to Golden Tate right out of town.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn leaving after this season may be a fait accompli to the fans and media, but I'm sure it is not for the front office. It's easy to say the math can't work to keep him, but we don't know what's really going on behind the scenes. We do know he held out this year and wasn't happy with the outcome, but all reports outside of that one recent story are that he is doing just fine with the coaches and the other players right now.

This team would be maybe 4-5 without him? The coaching staff knows this.

If he does still have at least one season left in the tank they'd be foolish not to keep riding that horse. They can sign any other player they want, but without that constant run threat this team doesn't have a chance of going anywhere with those other players. Trust in the front office to recognize that.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how the team can let Lynch go. Not only is he not falling off, but this year he looks as elusive and quick as I've ever seen. On that one long run in the 4th quarter he looks like he's attached to a jet pack.

You can give Wilson big money (which I have serious reservations about, but that's neither here nor there), pay Wagner, and keep Lynch for 2015. The notable cap victim in that scenario is KJ, who is relatively expendable IMO.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can give Wilson big money (which I have serious reservations about, but that's neither here nor there),

Wow.

Hey, I hear Jake Locker may be available.